"Clock" maker invited to White House

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right. Got it. .... thinks a circuit board with wires on it is a bomb, can't find North America on an globe, thinks there's such a thing as a 4th trimester, wants Obama to support ISIS.
Thanks for making my point for me. Just like the school officials, they thought at the very least he made a hoax bomb, because to them it looked like a bomb.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Exactly. Because they're idiots, morons and imbeciles. We've come full circle now.

Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The islamophobia didn't come into play until they suspended the kid anyway, even after determining it was neither a bomb or a hoax bomb. A suspension is a punishment, and the only thing he did wrong is be a Muslim. And they punished him for it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

The "Pop Tart" kid, according to the school authorities, was suspended for a pattern of continuing disruptive behavior, not that one incident. Also, FWIW, he later said he hadn't intended to make the shape of a gun, he was trying for a mountain - lol. His parents' attorney argues that schools shouldn't be allowed to suspend disciplinary problem kids, which is just nuts, IMO. The parents expect the school to accomplish what they couldn't: a reasonably well behaved child. I don't think that's fair at all.
Like the "Stella Hot Coffee Spill Lawsuit", people grab one fact from the earliest headlines, and never notice that it was later disproven.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wonkette cherry picked. They forgot this part:
“I told you one day I’m going to be — and you told me yourself — I’m going to be really big on the Internet one day,” Ahmed said.

But privately, Kubiak worried about fame’s effect on “an immature, fertile mind.”

At Sam Houston, he said, he’d often warn his students “to keep the adults out of it.”

“The adults have an agenda,” he would say. “The adults are using you.”

The day after Kubiak and Ahmed spoke, a public relations consultant walked into Ahmed’s house with plans for a national tour: Google and California, the United Nations and Dr. Oz.

The next time Kubiak tried to reach the boy, he had to leave a voice mail.

He phoned again the next day and didn’t hear back.

He’s begun to suspect the adults have Ahmed at last.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The "Pop Tart" kid, according to the school authorities, was suspended for a pattern of continuing disruptive behavior, not that one incident. Also, FWIW, he later said he hadn't intended to make the shape of a gun, he was trying for a mountain - lol. His parents' attorney argues that schools shouldn't be allowed to suspend disciplinary problem kids, which is just nuts, IMO. The parents expect the school to accomplish what they couldn't: a reasonably well behaved child. I don't think that's fair at all.
Like the "Stella Hot Coffee Spill Lawsuit", people grab one fact from the earliest headlines, and never notice that it was later disproven.
The family is saying the problems with the kid were minor:

Robin Ficker, an attorney representing the boy's family said that the boy had "minor" disciplinary problems, but suspending him was going too far.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or this part from the article describing schools too quick to suspend children. :
Kubiak, the eternal civil rights ideologue, was growing uncomfortable with Sam Houston’s administration. He complained to the superintendent that the school was too quick to suspend children and said he refused to use a new student evaluation system that “wrote some kids off.” He was booted down to teach sixth grade last year — and he knew he was done. ---
The Dallas Morning News.

Here is the Breitbart link. A fair piece that gives Ahmed's family friend's side.
The article also hits on the Zero Tolerance Policy in schools.
Ahmed Mohamed's School Discipline Problems Started Long Before His 'Clock'

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wonkette cherry picked.
Of course they do. They're an online magazine of topical satire and rumor. They don't even pretend to be something other than that.

Or this part from the article describing schools too quick to suspend children. :
I don't think I've ever seen someone try so hard at deflecting and justifying.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Of course they do. They're an online magazine of topical satire and rumor. They don't even pretend to be something other than that.

I don't think I've ever seen someone try so hard at deflecting and justifying.

Look in the mirror.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Robin Ficker, an attorney representing the boy's family said that the boy had "minor" disciplinary problems, but suspending him was going too far.

I'm shocked! The parents and their attorney [how many parents retain an attorney over the '"minor" behavior of a 7 year old?!] aren't throwing the kid under the bus, or even admitting that he's "all boy" [which is code for 'hell on wheels, if you are supposed to be responsible for him].
I think what they really meant was: the kid's a minor, and he's a problem, but when he's in school he's their problem - we will fight to the death any attempts to send him home when we're enjoying the peace & quiet."
That's what lawyers are for. ;)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm shocked! The parents and their attorney [how many parents retain an attorney over the '"minor" behavior of a 7 year old?!] aren't throwing the kid under the bus, or even admitting that he's "all boy" [which is code for 'hell on wheels, if you are supposed to be responsible for him].
I think what they really meant was: the kid's a minor, and he's a problem, but when he's in school he's their problem - we will fight to the death any attempts to send him home when we're enjoying the peace & quiet."
That's what lawyers are for. ;)

Hey, tell that to the defenders of Ahmed in here regarding his disciplinarian problems.
Similar situations and similar punishment. ( suspension) Yet much different outrage, attention, and howls of Islamaphobia merely because he was suspended.