Chest pains again

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Layout that's fine. I have done my share of jabbing and will do some more.Glad someone likes me.

Thanks guys.I should have added that these fried bologny sandwiches at 9:00 or 10:00 at nite is over with.

I really hadn't felt rite after the other one had been in and kept complaining to docs about it and they kept telling me that it would get better because of the muscle damage.Have a safe trip any where you go.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Layout that's fine. I have done my share of jabbing and will do some more.Glad someone likes me.
I'm glad to see the Carlos Mencia philosophy at work: everyone gets to pick on everybody else with no one exempt. Better than taking offense. Of course, learning to spell would be better still.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really? The man nearly loses his life and this is the best you can do?

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

Be easy on him. It's a well known fact,
people that are always correcting others is a sign of OCD. It's a well know fact.

jayson, glad you got to the doctor.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dang Jayson...Glad you caught in time...And I can relate to the fried bologna sandwiches..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can't tolerate illiteracy in adults in a country with a free education system, such as it is, and especially when stint/stent came up a week or two ago.
But then again, if one spells his name JAYSON, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Too funny: jump on Jayson for misspelling a medical term, [and if I can ignore it, so can you!] but respond to another comment without pointing out that the correct term would be 'hypercritical', not 'hypocritical'.
People who live in glass houses should be very careful about throwing stones....
:rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What happened to Jayson also happened to me, except it wasn't chest pain, but abdominal, and I refused to go to the emergency room for 5 days [because I'd never been sick like that - I just don't get sick like that, right?:rolleyes:] and I got a stent, too, in one kidney. Only it didn't save the kidney, because I waited too long to admit that it was serious.
I think it's a common attitude among people who pride themselves on their strength, abilities, independence, whatever-we hate being 'helpless' in any way whatsoever.
But we aren't indestructible - if it is abnormal pain, don't delay, GET MEDICAL ATTENTION ASAP!!!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Their, they're, there, it'll be all right... the important thing in this thread is the simple mistake was pointed out! How horrifying if it were left alone in light of the more important issue discussed...

Jayson, glad you're doing ok.

Dale

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Too funny: jump on Jayson for misspelling a medical term, [and if I can ignore it, so can you!] but respond to another comment without pointing out that the correct term would be 'hypercritical', not 'hypocritical'.
People who live in glass houses should be very careful about throwing stones....
:rolleyes:
You're calling me out for not pointing out a mistake I don't even remember reading?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well I just got the results of my blood tests yesterday. I have one slight genetic component for clotting factors and lupus anticoagulatant. Here is a link.

Lupus anticoagulant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also have one more type of anticolagulant antibody in my blood that makes that chance of me having another blood clot up to 100 percent. So it is blood thinners for life and don't do anything that can cause bleeding or internal injury, or I will bleed to death that way. They also showed me the MRI of my lungs where I had a clot so big properly called a "saddle embolism" and how I was just seconds away from death. The clot I think was straddling two major veins in the lungs and blocking both lungs. I don't know why I survived it and had almost no lung pain with such a massive clot. So I have been reflecting a lot lately on why I am still here and others like Jack Berry are gone. It just makes you wonder about life and how short it truly is.

Here is a link to what a saddle embolism is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddle_embolus

Also I wanted everyone to know that my condition was not caused by sitting in the van and driving for long periods of time. It was not caused by an inactive lifestyle - this was all caused by genetic and inherited blood antibody factors. So I am relievied to finally know what is causing this and that I will be safe as long as I remain on blood thinners. Chef how are you doing on the blood thinners? Have the docs advised you not to engage in any activities that can cause injury? You should get a wrist band that lets people know you are on blood thinners in case anything happens. I worry about minor car accidents now because once you get internal bleeding on anticoagulants you are pretty much a goner. Good luck with your condition Jayson. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
You're calling me out for not pointing out a mistake I don't even remember reading?
The fact that you don't even remember reading it proves just how insignificant minor spelling and grammar mistakes are. It also shows just how intolerable you are when you constantly chastise such minor mistakes that even you won't remember reading.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Good information Blizzard. We have a quite a few on the forum these days with health problems. Best wishes to all of you! I know for a fact that the problems you have had has caused quite a few of us to reconsider our choices out here on the road.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The fact that you don't even remember reading it proves just how insignificant minor spelling and grammar mistakes are. It also shows just how intolerable you are when you constantly chastise such minor mistakes that even you won't remember reading.
No, it shows I have a life and don't read every post.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
blizzard,I'm glad you posted that because were all taking some kind of meds.I haven't thoughtabout the bracelet but I will get one.Dad has one come to think about it.

My heart doctor has started running blood tests to see what meds a person is tolerating in their system now. He says it's a new type of test that the person who reads the blood work knows what to look for.I don't know if anyone here has heard of that one before but when he run it on me in the hospital we found out that there wasn't a couple that was working like we thought. So that's something I thought I would say something about if ya'll wanted to check with your doc about.I know I have told chef and ovm to take it easy and a little about my earlier spells but guys please slow down for a little while to let your body heal.

Also people don't let the '' I ain't got time for this'' get the better of you like I did in December 2010.It may be to late for a good recovery.You have loved one's at home.

The docs upped my blood thinner to 2x a day now but said if nothing happenes within 6 months time we can switch back to 1 aday.JUST DON'T knick any thing guys.You will bleed like a stuck hog.I usually keep paper towels handy now for when I have.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What is your target INR level Jayson? Sometimes for certain heart conditions they want between a 3 and a 3.5. My target INR level is between 2.0 and 3.0 with 2.5 being optimal. The only good thing I got going for me with the blood thinners is that I eat very little grean leafy vegitables. That means no nasty vitamin K to mess with my INR levels. I told my doctor that I get my roughage from potatoe chips. I hope Chef and Ken are doing well. Also, do any of you guys experience side-effects from the blood thinners you are currently taking? I'm just wondering!

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been down for a few days again. stomach bug. I wouldn't wish this a my worse enemy, except that no good sorry something or another fool that shot those kids.I hope he rots in the deepest corner of H...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't seem to have any effect from the Plavix here...BP is lower then it had ever been...even considering the stress of quitting smoking, been 1 month now!!

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm feeling better just can't seem to get my strenght back. maybe give it time,I don't know. But I don't have that pressure I had before.The doc kept me on plavix.