Chef Dennis's New CargoMax

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
OVM wrote:

Made in Canada and made by Government Motors? and NOW you do a Patriotic theme?

Is that guilt? *LOL*

LOL, the only "Guilt" was from "Dogging" John on the "stripe" for this long and after he has done all he said he would and even going beyond that with the major "projects" he has done for us that have leased with Load 1....And even though I am "striping" the new one, i still just couldn't go with that BIG BLUE stripe , I had to make it look good...Oh and the OLD van now has the COMPLETE Load 1 stripe and logo package on it, but I did get the stripe guy to move it up higher on the body line, doesn't look "Too" bad....:D

OH, Guido, the UltraMaxx is also available in a SRW 10,000 gvw! They are a nice van and have a few really nice features that the cargo max diffent, thats because the UltraMaxx is kind of like a 2nd generation design based off the CargoMax so they were able to make a changes and upgrades...I looked at them and tried to work a deal on a 2010..but there were somethings that i didn't care for and the price never got close to what i bought the new 2009 for...Another poster here (Tumbleweed) from Tenn looked at bith the CargoMax and the UltraMaxx also...from the PM's we have exchanged, it looks like he will be ordering a CargoMax also...

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Can the rear swing doors be opened from the inside? In some ways a roll up rear door is nice. If the load is short it can be opened less to help keep rain/snow/etc. out and show less of your "home". Not sure I like the idea of being locked in with no rear egress though. I'd for sure want side doors in that case.

The sleepers on most trucks don't have any access other than the driver and passenger doors. I don't see any difference here.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Chef, the rollup door looks good in the pics, but I just wonder if it makes any noise? That would be my biggest concern with a rollup door in a van. After it gets some miles on it, I would be afraid of it getting noisy. I also wonder about how well it seals the air out?

I wonder if it's possible to change to swing doors later if the rollup is a problem?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL!!! It ain't goin to get noisy...it already is!!! :eek: That was my one complaint up front, but I iknew what i was gettin so it is what it is...I am already looking for ways to make it latch tighter to take out some of the rattling....:rolleyes:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
LOL!!! It ain't goin to get noisy...it already is!!! :eek: That was my one complaint up front, but I iknew what i was gettin so it is what it is...I am already looking for ways to make it latch tighter to take out some of the rattling....:rolleyes:

was afraid of that. Ear plugs are cheap? lol

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
dennis,

Congrats on the new van ......but my sprinter still hauls more!!!! LOL!!!

your buddy from the "breezewoood"

Little

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The sleepers on most trucks don't have any access other than the driver and passenger doors. I don't see any difference here.

Usually one of the sleeper windows is an escape window and pops open somehow to let you out if it doesn't have a small door.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Usually one of the sleeper windows is an escape window and pops open somehow to let you out if it doesn't have a small door.

The one I'm sitting in right now has a vent (app 4"x7") on each side. I can assure you that many, many truck sleepers have nothing more. The sleepers with a window or a door are the minority from what I see.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, I guess a lot of the smaller ones have nothing. I was thinking of the sleepers that are similar in size to the rear compartment of a cargo van.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
why don't you install a todco weathertite door?

The one I have here to test does not rattle and it seemed to cut the noise down too.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dennis,
I am working on financing on the CargoMax. The finance guy said "no problem" but you how much that is worth. As first timers in this business it maybe a little tougher to get. The price is still much better than the UltraMax and the finish is better. If the financing goes through, I have ordered the swing doors on the side and rear. Also wanted power mirrors but they will have to be after market. Also order cruise control. My only concern is the mileage. ( and interest rate, won't pay a high rate) Anyway I have been reading your posts and living life vicariously through you and your new ride. Oh and that new ride of yours has as many American made parts in it as a Cadillac. Even the F-18 Hornet relies on parts from France, Canada, and a hand full of other countries.
Best wishes, man. Its all about the $$$$$ and some creature comforts.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I guess a lot of the smaller ones have nothing. I was thinking of the sleepers that are similar in size to the rear compartment of a cargo van.

My point being that I don't see it as a safety issue that chef's rollup door doesn't open from the inside...with or without the side doors. I doubt there are many vans (including yours) that have a larger sleeper than the "smaller" 72in that I have.

I'm thinking that if I need out of my truck, I can get out of one of the doors as fast or faster than you could get out of a sleeper door or window in pretty much any situation. Unless you have your bed by the back door of your van, your not more than 3 or 4 feet from a door.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
It's a spiff van, but the mileage...akkk!!! That's almost what I get empty in my ST.

Sometimes I wish I was short enough to fit width-wise in a van. You guys get to do such cool stuff with them.

Maybe I'll get me a cube one day....lol

Christopher

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you went and re-weight at the scales after you got everything put in(E-track;plywood;straps;food;clothes.......etc.

Might have to be doing some trading myself.

why would he? except for maybe general reasons...
we are CV's..we cheat, lie and drive looong miles at a time....dirt of the earth...*LOL* but hey we make the money..:D