Chef Dennis's New CargoMax

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
I just click on the "hide bar" X on the right side and the add drops down with only the up arrow showing on the left. No problem advancing the picture views then. Jerry Lee

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just click on the "hide bar" X on the right side and the add drops down with only the up arrow showing on the left. No problem advancing the picture views then. Jerry Lee

That is what mine looks like..BUT I've gotten rid of every task bar but the pic just gets bigger and the NEXT button is dead...Firefox...

PJay59

Veteran Expediter
Ya Dennis good job and congrads. Must be nice to beable to stand up and also get Sprinter rates.. Take care guy hope to see you out their.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Right-click the pic, select Open In New Tab. Lets you click on the pic to enlarge to full size, among other benefits.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Shelled one, still doesn't solve the problem. BUT thanks for the suggestion.

OH who owns the E-1 Ford van I saw in Allen Park today, it was like Chef's with air tabs all over the thing?

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I put the van in service yessterday and been busy...I forgot my usb cord ....so ill post a few more pctures and answer the questions over the weekend..

And Greg..if it was a Ford, it was and UltraMaxx, not a CargoMax...2 different companies...CargoMax is only available on a Chevrolet Chassis...UltraMaxx does Ford, Chevy, and GMC...those are Turtletop pool chassis, CargoMax are UniCel pool...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I put the van in service yessterday and been busy...I forgot my usb cord ....so ill post a few more pctures and answer the questions over the weekend..

And Greg..if it was a Ford, it was and UltraMaxx, not a CargoMax...2 different companies...CargoMax is only available on a Chevrolet Chassis...UltraMaxx does Ford, Chevy, and GMC...those are Turtletop pool chassis, CargoMax are UniCel pool...

Thats one big turtletop!

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 168

tommeeks

Seasoned Expediter
Why would you buy a cargomax, that is not a USA made unit? You can"t open the rear rollup door from the inside, only from the outside and you can only buy it with a side door, as I understand it, you can"t order a unit rear door only.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yeap the rear ROLLUP door only opens from the outside..dang...:rolleyes:

Yes you can order them with no side doors as a matter of fact, the side doors are an option at extra cost... and yes swingout doors on the rear are also available...its and either or option, no extra cost....

And you got me, it is built in Canada....and Sold my Chevrolet dealers here in te USA...Oh and it was over $18 grand cheaper in price the the 2010 UltraMaxx...Per the quote I got from UltraMax....but then again, it is a new 2009 also...:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can the rear swing doors be opened from the inside? In some ways a roll up rear door is nice. If the load is short it can be opened less to help keep rain/snow/etc. out and show less of your "home". Not sure I like the idea of being locked in with no rear egress though. I'd for sure want side doors in that case.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, Moot, you are looking at the vent and seat in the OLD VAN...that seat is a conversion van seat from the other van that I used in the Cheffing business for a few yers and over 400,000 miles of my azz in it has it all broken down..it was nice till it had about 250,000 mile on it. The new van has a nasty VINYL seat in it so while i do have a "Oregon Air" seat cushion abd seat back support on it (thanks Turtle) I will either be putting a cloth set cover on it or putting another conversion van seat in it (i have 1 more in the shed) and no , no arm rest, I took both of them off.

I haven't cut a hole in the roof yet, but i will be, I have the Max Air Vent ordered...I'll let you know on cutting the hole...

The solenoid is a Cole-Herese 225 amp continous use industrial solenoid, I am running 170 amps thru it all the time the van is running directly from the alternator to the house bank. I will be replacing it with a battery "seperator" if i run into any issues, but the guy at the suto eletric shop i went to said it shouldn't be a problem, it is how they would have wired it if I had paid them..

I ran the #4 cable from it to the house bank with alot of scratches and a few cuts on my hands as I ran it between the inner and outer fender then I cut the "boot' that has the wires that run from under the dash throught the door jam and into the door. I then took the passenger side kick panel off and fished with cable inside , put the kick panel back on and hooked up the cable to the house bank...no seperate switch, the solenoid is insulated (it had to have its own ground) and switched on off a wire from the ignition swithch and only charges the house bank when the van is running.

The old van had a "battery isolator"..this was less work..but they are both good ways of charging the house bank and sperating the starting battery from the house so it won't be discharged as the house bank is..

As for the "Stripe" pictures...well the Logo's are on, and "part of the stripe is on (the "patriotic flag strip i supplied) but the rest of the stripe won't be on for a few weeks, the Load 1 stripe guy has to do some computer graphic work on the design to get the size right and and then he will put it on later (I promise John, he is going to do it!!) Oh and I also showed him the "dog" picture, he sayes he can make a "BIG" sticker of it for the "Lead Dog"....Logo!!!!:D

So when i get home, i'll post a few pictures of the "Stripe and Logo's....

I have to say this thing drives totally different then the regular CV i got out of....no more 70 mph...it is bad enough on gas (it is up to 12.2 in the 1st 1500 miles, hope for more) it just doesn't feel "good" at 70 mph so 65-66 is it...but since i have had it in service ( only ran 2 loads 0f 1100 miles) tboth the loads were "sprinter" loads and i wouldn't have gotten them in the old van...1 was 500 lbs the over was 3100 lbs...it ran good, didn't "squat" the suspension at all and and handled good...

I have to say, the being able to "standup" and move around it sooo much nicer...you Sprinter guys have had it sooo good!!!:D

Leo, I am not sure if the rear swingouts can open from the inside, (maybe mr. tommeeks can tell us :) ) and I wanted the van with no side doors to begin with, but i have to say, it sure is nice having them..I have used them to strap freight from inside up ft and been able to get in and out and have had a minimum of 3 ft to move around in between the freight and the front seat..so yea they are nice, glad it worked out this way...

Leo, I checked the CargoMax Brochure, yes the rear swingout doors can be opened from the inside...

Last edited: