Chef Dennis's New CargoMax

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Purgoos, I have a camara high up on the top the points right down on the back edge of the bumper...I can see everything that goes on back there...:)

I e-mailed the picture to the graphics guy, he said "no problem, it is just a big sticker"....:)....so he is going to make it and put it on with the "quote" and i'll take pictures of it and if John sayes no after the fact, at least I'll have pictures of it...:)

Last edited:

tommeeks

Seasoned Expediter
Now that is one sweet van, anyone have a link to this? Wonder what the GVW is on it, should be above 10,000 GVW

You can go to Maxx Automotive Corporation - UltraMaxx - TerraMaxx -Step Van - Cargo Van- Custom Vans -Custom Van-ome and it does come in a 9,990 GVW and you where right it does come in Chevy, GMC and Ford chassis and this is a 14ft 2 in cargo box with 8in more room behind drivers seat, that is you can lean your seat back the 8in even with seat pulled all the way back.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
As I said, thr UltraMaxx is a nice unit. It has some good aspects I'd like to have on my truck but don't it also has some aspects that i didn't like...but thats why they build different cars and trucks, we all don't like the same things....And since the Ultra/Terra Maxx is built and owned by Turtletop and is built on the Turtletop pool chassis, you can get one from any Chevrolet, GMC and Ford dealer....

Oh and TurtleTop will also finance one for you...and i think (not positive) they will also sell you one direct...

UltraMax / TerraMax

Turtletop Finance link:

http://www.turtletop.com/TurtletopFinance.aspx

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Pookie's back!!! Yeap it was a temp setup till i get the interior setup the way i want it..but a dumb move on my part...

So how ya doin Pookie?? Oh and the black eyes are pretty much gone now..LOL, only took about 2 weeks!! LOL..:rolleyes:

pookie8me

Not a Member
LOL.....well you made me laugh. Now I feel bad making fun of you.......sorry.......if I did that I would of kept if quite, so I give you credit for sharing.....Nah I check and read the forum but try not to get in the middle of anything....after reading a lot of threads I find it is a waste of time.....same people writing the same stuff....they should be driving instead of posting...hahaha
People believe what they want and that's that. Also I noticed when someone new asks a question, most the time they get jumped on or made fun of.....Maybe one will answer question in nice manner and the rest are all clowns. I'm just waiting for the donkeys to start the show.................

BTW nice van.....the sprinters are a rip off

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey laughin is all good...and believe me, i laughed at myself when it was all said and done..but before that it was" what the h#ll were you thinkin to begin with.."...

Yea newbies can certainly catch hell from time to time...not to defend any of us when we sometimes go off when a newbe ask a question, but most often, it a question that has already been asked 9000 times and it the poster took the time to do some research, they'd find the answer...now that be no means makes belittling them right, it is borne strictly of frustration i think...

And thnks for the "nice van" comment....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL.....well you made me laugh. Now I feel bad making fun of you.......sorry.......if I did that I would of kept if quite, so I give you credit for sharing.....Nah I check and read the forum but try not to get in the middle of anything....after reading a lot of threads I find it is a waste of time.....same people writing the same stuff....they should be driving instead of posting...hahaha
People believe what they want and that's that. Also I noticed when someone new asks a question, most the time they get jumped on or made fun of.....Maybe one will answer question in nice manner and the rest are all clowns. I'm just waiting for the donkeys to start the show.................

Honestly many times the attitude of the new person has a lot to do with the answers they get. Someone comes in starts hurling insults and calling names, don't have any need for another persons opinion because they know everything already, well what can I say.

pookie8me

Not a Member
hey xiggi, I never see you post much more then one liners..... Many many threads have questions that are not throwing insults or anything......and even if they are silly questions so what?......all they get in response are one liners and smart a s s comments.....hmmmmm maybe your being defensive...you are the king of one liners....LOL.....come to think of it...you stick your nose in everyone's business but really have nothing to say....I was laughing at chef and I explained to him why I try to stay out of the way on this forum....your new name is nosey!!!!!! LOL

pookie8me

Not a Member
attitude of the new person has a lot to do with the answers they get.

I really don't understand? I have not read a lot of attitude when reading threads??????????? Sounds like you think your the BOSS for the EO Mafia.......LOL......Hey Boss Nosey can I ask you a question all mighty EO Mafia king? HAHAHAHHA

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

It could be said, Now you are making fun of my judgment in buying one...:p

Chef...I have to say buddy....I did the math...
$33,000 for the van and another $3,000 for the overdrive component...total $36,000..just to get up to 15mpg...that is the price of a new sprinter with 18-20 mpg...just saying...I know you said that you didn't want the responsibility of a sprinter..but

BTW there pookie...now that you've opened your pie hole and spoke, you've shown you are the same as the rest of us....nice...welcome to the Jump on the bunny club...:)

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
It could be said, Now you are making fun of my judgment in buying one...:p

Chef...I have to say buddy....I did the math...
$33,000 for the van and another $3,000 for the overdrive component...total $36,000..just to get up to 15mpg...that is the price of a new sprinter with 18-20 mpg...just saying...I know you said that you didn't want the responsibility of a sprinter..but

BTW there pookie...now that you've opened your pie hole and spoke, you've shown you are the same as the rest of us....nice...welcome to the Jump on the bunny club...:)

Now youre messing with bunnies?? Please!!!:eek:

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dennis,

Sounds like you are really enjoying the new ride. Ours should arrive at the dealer in about a week to ten days. Still a little concerned about the mileage, but the 10 grand savings over buying the diesel covers a lot of petrol. Are you still in the 12-13 mpg range? I'm hoping it will get better once its broken in. Also plan to run Mobil 1 in it and hope this helps as well. Do you think it is possible to swap out the 411 rear end for the 346 or do you think it would be too light weight for the weight of the vehicle. I can't figure out if it would work or not. The dealer said putting a chip in it would raise the MPG about 2 mpg but not to do it until after the warranty is up. Anyway just thoughts and more questions than answers.

Be safe out there. With the extra room you have over the old van, you must feel like you are in a nice condo.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What 10 grand saving? There is only a 3-4 tho difference in price and then there is all this talk of changing out gearing which comes with a cost....

If ya want to be like sprinter BUY a sprinter...make the commitment instead of being a sprinter wanna be...IMO

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Tumble, yeap the 2009 with the 6.0 and the 4:10 and the 4spd saved me more then $10,000 over a 2011 diesel with the 6 spd..and no Kenny you will not buy a Extra long extra high NEW sprinter for $36,000....

I ordered a 3:42 AFTERMARKET gear set for mine, but ended up canceling it...too many guys told me that 09 will fall on its face on the hyway when you need to pass someone...the 3;73 is suppose to be the way to go...I have decided to bite the bullet and order the gear ventures O/D unit in a few months and leave the 4:10 in to see just what happens from there.

I chip deal is well...outdated...Most of the old "chip" companies lke HyperTech, don't even offer them anymore for the new stuff..they are now using the "monitor / tuner dash mount units that let you tuner the computer to a certain degree... they all claim 2-4 mpg increase and they also allow you to run the motor at the factory setup also.

For me there was and never would be a consideration for a sprinter..just not interested at all.. I know me, I know I wouldn't devote the attention to detail that is needed to maintain and keep it running as it should...more power to those that can and do..I'd buy the CargoMax again today...and I knew going in that 13 mpg was going to be the top of the range...and I also knew I'd be spending more money to get it up to 16 mpg and anything over that was a bonus....

As for the breakin and the mpg getting better, I changed the factory oil out with AmsOil when I brought it home, I just changed it again at 6000 miles the 2nd time... I real don't look for any improvement, but it might surprise me....

I will post a few things in the next few weeks about the tendencies of this thing, and things that take getting use to and changes that will be needed to make things better...I like the truck, as I said, I'd buy another today, but it is totally different then driving anything i ever have in the past, some good, some not so go....

Tumble, one thing to keep in mind, and this goes for the new Hgher dollar (as compared to buying a used or the lower price that was paid for the earlier sprinters) the company you lease to is going to make a big difference in running these bigger trucks then a CV...in the 2 weeks I have hadmine on the road, only one of the loads I have had would have gone in my old CV...Load 1 is using me the way they and I need to be used....if you get stuck with a bunch of CV loads with a company that pays the CV and Sprinters diferent, it could be tough being profitable or making a good ROI....but I will say, being able to standup and move around and not be bent over or sitting all day in the drivers seal, is well worth alot of the money spent!!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tumble, yeap the 2009 with the 6.0 and the 4:10 and the 4spd saved me more then $10,000 over a 2011 diesel with the 6 spd..and no Kenny you will not buy a Extra long extra high NEW sprinter for $36,000....

I ordered a 3:42 AFTERMARKET gear set for mine, but ended up canceling it...too many guys told me that 09 will fall on its face on the hyway when you need to pass someone...the 3;73 is suppose to be the way to go...I have decided to bite the bullet and order the gear ventures O/D unit in a few months and leave the 4:10 in to see just what happens from there.

I chip deal is well...outdated...Most of the old "chip" companies lke HyperTech, don't even offer them anymore for the new stuff..they are now using the "monitor / tuner dash mount units that let you tuner the computer to a certain degree... they all claim 2-4 mpg increase and they also allow you to run the motor at the factory setup also.

For me there was and never would be a consideration for a sprinter..just not interested at all.. I know me, I know I wouldn't devote the attention to detail that is needed to maintain and keep it running as it should...more power to those that can and do..I'd buy the CargoMax again today...and I knew going in that 13 mpg was going to be the top of the range...and I also knew I'd be spending more money to get it up to 16 mpg and anything over that was a bonus....

Dennis..I already knew your reasons....just pokin ya a bit...*LOL*