Chef Dennis's New CargoMax

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Ok here are 2 more. 1 shows the e-track and foil bubble insulation on the factory floor. the 2nd shows the 3/8" plywood floor between the e-track. The freight blocker board is set at 8.5 ft. beyond the board is 3.5 ft of available cargo floor when needed. When not needed that area beyond the board will be my "personal area" with a total of 5.75 ft from the board to the back edge of the rack holding the fring and micro wave...That are will have the walls, ceiling and floor insulated and the walls and ceiling and side doors will be covered in a indoor outdoor carpeting while the floor will get a upgraded carpet that can be rolled up when the freight floor os needed.

So there will be more to come..

Dennis are you going to put E-trac on the sides?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Purgoose wrote:

Dennis are you going to put E-trac on the sides?

No and for a couple of reasons. 1st there is already 2 rows of "L" track on the side walls.. I was going to remove those and install E-track but, The "L" is bonded to the structural wall support and not just screwed on...so removing it would actually damage the walls and I ain't goin there. So I just bought a bunch of dual stud "pear" ring fittings to use with straps with hooks on the ends and will use the along with the E-track...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Purgoose wrote:

No and for a couple of reasons. 1st there is already 2 rows of "L" track on the side walls.. I was going to remove those and install E-track but, The "L" is bonded to the structural wall support and not just screwed on...so removing it would actually damage the walls and I ain't goin there. So I just bought a bunch of dual stud "pear" ring fittings to use with straps with hooks on the ends and will use the along with the E-track...

I was wondering how they were connected. How are you going to insulate the sides? Just go over the top of the existing wall cover? Can you take the covering that's on the wall off and spray insulate it or can you do that??
ad another question. Since the L trac is bonded to the sides will the tightening of the straps eventually damage the fiberglass where it's bonded or do you think they will last a long time. Hope I said that so you can understand it.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The "L" track is acually bonded to a 2" x 3" structural support that runs the length of the box not directly to the sidewall so that the walls don't "flex". Now I am sure that you could pull the sides of the box in if you wanted to really ratchet a strap over tight..but i don't see it as a problem.

As for insulating the wall, I will be taking the inside wall panels down today and installing foil bubble insulation and foam board on the side walls in the 1st 6ft behind the seat in my "personal" area...and see how it goes without doing the back of the van...i amy have to do the back later if it doesn't stay warm enough.

Here are a couple of pictures. You can see the "bonding" structural wall support that the "L" track is bonded and screwed to...also you can see where the insulation will go and in the other picture the finished wall with the "pear ring" fitting on the "L" track

Attachments

• 100_1144.JPG
    100_1144.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 593
  • IM000249.jpg
    IM000249.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 271
  • IM000248.jpg
    IM000248.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 273

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
A couple of people have asked about the bunk area in my OLD van so I took a few pictures to show it. It isn't all hat different from how I am setting up the new van except for the bed...I am not going to have a "permenant" mounted bed at this time in the new van and will use a nce comfortable folding cot until I get it all figured out to placement of the bed...

Here are a few pictures of the old van setup:

Attachments

• IM000252.jpg
    IM000252.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IM000253.jpg
    IM000253.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IM000255.jpg
    IM000255.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IM000256.jpg
    IM000256.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IM000257.jpg
    IM000257.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IM000254.jpg
    IM000254.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dennis, a pictures worth a thousand words. Should be pretty easy to insulate with what you showed us. With you building a sleeper area will there still be room for 3 pallet's w/o stacking?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Purgoose wrote:

With you building a sleeper area will there still be room for 3 pallet's w/o stacking?

The sleeper are will still be able to hold freight because the carpet will rollup, the curtain that seperates the 2 areas will be removeable and I will be sleeping on a folding cot for the time being and the e-track runs 13 ft. So yea I will be able to get 3 skids in without stacking them.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Chef, love the new ride. Have you thought of adding a 3rd row of E-track right down the center of the load floor? I had this done in the Sprinter and have found it very helpful since it gives you extra anchor points.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice Ride,I'm still debating on what and when I'm gonna retire my Old School Van,Every day I think I finally made up my mind,then I sit a hour longer than Normal somewhere and change my mind.

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
Nice looking van. It's been awhile since I've been on here, but was this purchase a planned deal that is done every so many years or is expediting doing well enough to justify a new purchase ?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
As for the fuel mileage, i'll be more then happy if i hit 14-14.5 mpg with the setup as it is...but I will be making changes over time to improve it...the biggest being lifting my rt foot...:D

ridiculous delivery time allowed a run at 55 or slightly less. janesville to rogers 16.2. you can do it when you apply all your will power.

applying the right foot? does it have cruise?