CH Robinson Expending Division

ChicaoExpediting

New Recruit
Carrier Management
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forums, so please bear with me.
We are a small expediting carrier based in Chicago land and wanted to ask how to get access to CH Robinson Expedited loads? I can see that they get posted on Sylectus but does anybody have some contact info for their expediting department where we can get setup there?

I called their Carried department and they simply told me to look in the NaviSpehere site, but only TL loads there.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
expending
1. spend or use up (a resource such as money, time, or energy)

Couldn't help it .... :rolleyes:

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
they may or may not post on sylectus but I do know that there is more than one location that sends them out via email. and that is a whole lot cheaper than that other outfit you mention. work smarter and don't go broke doing it. metro detroit (810)341-7096 that is one location that emails them out call jake and ask how you get on the email list.

Reactions: davekc

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
they may or may not post on sylectus but I do know that there is more than one location that sends them out via email. and that is a whole lot cheaper than that other outfit you mention. work smarter and don't go broke doing it. metro detroit (810)341-7096 that is one location that emails them out call jake and ask how you get on the email list.

Jake says you have to wear khakis.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I know where the office is out here in CA. But it's hard to get on with them. They only allow a small amount of carriers to get their loads. Mostly ones that they trust to get the loads delivered on time. They pay good money though. Some of the carriers that are on their list actually bid up the loads at good rates and then post them on Sylectus for cheap and pocket a huge percentage of money right off the top. Load scalping is what I call it. But that is just another day in the business of expedited freight. It's a dog eat dog world out there lol.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know where the office is out here in CA. But it's hard to get on with them. They only allow a small amount of carriers to get their loads. Mostly ones that they trust to get the loads delivered on time. They pay good money though. Some of the carriers that are on their list actually bid up the loads at good rates and then post them on Sylectus for cheap and pocket a huge percentage of money right off the top. Load scalping is what I call it. But that is just another day in the business of expedited freight. It's a dog eat dog world out there lol.
If they use a small, select group of carriers they trust to get loads delivered on time, why would they allow these trusted carriers to post their loads on Sylectus?

Reactions: jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If they use a small, select group of carriers they trust to get loads delivered on time, why would they allow these trusted carriers to post their loads on Sylectus?
It is my understanding that CHR doesn't allow it, but they can't prevent it (police it), either. However, if there's ever a problem with a brokered out load, CHR will remove the carrier from their preferred list.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is my understanding that CHR doesn't allow it, but they can't prevent it (police it), either. However, if there's ever a problem with a brokered out load, CHR will remove the carrier from their preferred list.

Yeah, double brokering can get you into some real big trouble once things go wrong. I loved working with them because they paid enough in their loads to give my drivers a dollar a mile on long runs and way more on the shorter stuff. I still made a good amount of money after paying the drivers. There is also a Penske broker who sends out loads every day. You see the Penske email come through and then like 5 brokers posting it on Sylectus at the same time. I used to win a lot of loads right from Penske for good rates because I actually had a real truck in the area and wasn't bidding to re-broker out the load. The expedite load boards are like the wild, wild west. lol

Reactions: jelliott

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

They don't. But they have no way of knowing the loads are being double brokered. Even some of the bigger carriers on that list bid the loads up and then double broker them. If you had access to just their loads and a Sylectus account, and lets say you were able to re-broker just one load a day and that's all you did, you could make more money in a few hours than someone working a really good skilled college educated job. You could make between 150 and 1000 a day. I wish I had that market cornered. It's like being a hedge fund manager. Take profit off the top and then pass the load on to another carrier.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They don't. But they have no way of knowing the loads are being double brokered.
If you know loads get double brokered why don't they? My daughter lives about ½ mile from C.H. Robinson headquarters and I have driven by there many times. There is one large main building and 4 or 5 satellite buildings just across the street. All are recent construction and probably filled with up to date technology and hundreds of minions. I would think one of those minions could occasionally check other load boards for familiar looking loads.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
They don't. But they have no way of knowing the loads are being double brokered.
If you know loads get double brokered why don't they? My daughter lives about ½ mile from C.H. Robinson headquarters and I have driven by there many times. There is one large main building and 4 or 5 satellite buildings just across the street. All are recent construction and probably filled with up to date technology and hundreds of minions. I would think one of those minions could occasionally check other load boards for familiar looking loads.

Why would they care, unless something goes wrong?

Reactions: Moot

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They should care a lot.
I hauled a lot of CHR loads at Landstar.
Mostly barrels of Hazmat.
CH gave them to LS because of thier performance standards, tracking ability, and CSA scores.
If a load disappears, would Dow Chemical be happy with CH if they found out it was being transported by Boris and Zhukov of two Ruskies and a Truck ?
They paid for better service than that !