cargoMAXX

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Yeap, i have a quote in my e-mail now for both a diesel and a gas motor in a single rear wheel 9990 gvw with e-track. There is a disclaimer asking that i not share the pricing info so i won't post the prices simple because mr meeks seems like a good guy...but it is fair to say i will be looking closer at a hi-cbue 10,000 gvw unicell with a 15-16 ft box..........:(

why srw? you can get a dually from aerocell like the revs.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
jack, the quotes i have are from cargomaxx for a 9990 gvw single rear wheel....my interest is now back to the unicell 10,000 gvw chassis which is a dualie like revs.

as for them not wanting to sell them, they are well aware that what they have isn't the perfect expedite truck. They are looking at the home delivery market, thats why that all of the 1st production runs are already sold to fed ex or set aside for fed ex agents..they have there market defined, anything else is simply gravy.........

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
as for them not wanting to sell them, they are well aware that what they have isn't the perfect expedite truck. They are looking at the home delivery market, thats why that all of the 1st production runs are already sold to fed ex or set aside for fed ex agents..they have there market defined, anything else is simply gravy.........

What your saying, they know were they can sell the most volume at. So why even show the expediter community the product if you can't get one.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
you can get it, the way they will build it, they are flexible to a point, but their market is not the expeditor...and at the price, i don't see it being anytime soon....like i said i have the quotes, i also have a quote on a new unicell hicube gas motor unit...i can buy it for close to $15,000 LESS if you added sales tax to the cargomaxx unit, the difference would be close to $17,500 less...now those numbers can change with a longer wait an the availablity of chassis's, but if i was to buy today, those are good numbers that if you are working with someone that knows all of the commerical programs available anyone can get to the same numbers.....

Don't getme wrong, cargomaxx as a dang nice unit, mr meeks is a straight up good guy...they'd love to have your business, but it would be on their terms more then on yours....

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First, I would really like to retract my 'Game Changer" comment a few pages back because by the sounds of it, it won't be...at least for a while.

I am dissapointed to hear that the length is not 16 foot. When I originally saw that it had the same cu ft as a Sprinter I never imagined they would do it by being taller. Maybe for others it is different but at 6 feet high, freight has never come within 8 inches of my roof.

I think the price and flexible builds may improve. While it is a very nice looking unit, if it is too expensive the Home and Ground guys will not go for it, they are contractors too!

I will still be checking it out at the Expo but my excitement has been toned down a lot.

Chef, thank very much for sharing your findings, it is valuable insight into a new product!

guido4475

Not a Member
Looks interesting. Hope to see more pictures and vehicle specs in the near future.

I'm curious about the picture in this link. It shows a Chevy SRW van set up with front wheels that would be found on a DRW vehicle. Also the rear wheels look like duals, singled out.

You are absolutely right, Moot. It is a ford cutaway with a fiberglass body put on it. They just took off the 2 outer wheels to give it that cargo van look, and maybe, the gvw.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is a nice unit, very well built and has a lot of neat ways to configure it, right now tho, at it's current length it would be hard to justify unless you routinely hauled tall 2 skid freight.

However, I talked at length with Travis and the owner of the company and they heard our needs very well. So thanks to all who visited the display and told them what folks like us need....they listened.

They are currently working on a Ford version but the expediter wants and wishes sound like they are on their radar.

My speculation here....but I think the price will come down as they really go nuts with production.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It Peaked my Interest But it needs a Flat Floor. and The Guy said the midway sleeper option tacks on $11,000. Now thats Steep. And the Box is built by Aerocell., I think we could have one built through your local dealer cheaper.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
the flat floor does not concern me at all. it is still 9990 and 10,000 lb gvw and you aren't going to get anthing more the 3 48x48 or 48x52 skids in it anyhow based on total gcvw and you can can get then between the wheelwells since there are 52" between them...i want 16 foot so i can knock out 4 ft for a sleeping area....

if the flat floor is really that important, a unicell cube works best....and is cheaper...and i am back to going in that direction myself....

cargomaxx

Seasoned Expediter
With great respect for the expeditor market and their needs, CFF attended the Expeditors Expo to listen and learn from expeditors and as the spokesman for CFF, let me make this statement about the cargo maxx and it's availability and price. As far as getting it from any of your local chevy dealers, this may take place in the future, sometime in 2010, but CFF is the sole supplier for this van within FedEx. At this point, CFF Sales and Leasing has booked all the production the upfitter can produce with the commitment to buy additional vans as the upfitter expands their production so to provide units to other markets.

For those that were there at Expeditors Expo, the reviews and comments were very positive and many viewed the cargo maxx as being the next generation of cargo van to compete with the sprinter. Even Sprinter dealers see the cargo maxx will be a great competitor.

This van has been in design for several years and made it's 1st actual appearance at this expo.

Let CFF quote your next cargo van and compare apples to apples, theres no obligation, and you will conclude that the cargo maxx is comparable to price to the sprinter. CFF has up to $2,500 in rebates, and other discounts. Ask your sprinter dealer for that.

This is a chevy van and is supported by better warrantys, service, and quality. If you did not get to touch and feel at the Expeditors Expo, come visit us at our next show in Dallas, TX on August 20-22, 2009.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
thank you cargomaxx....people, my dealings and the info i got from Mr Meeks was "top shelf"...from what i have seen the van is a good unit, it just needs to be "teeked" for our type of use, and that looks like it could happen down the road...

if any of you are looking to buy a "sprinter" type van and can live without a 16 ft long cargo area, let Cargomaxx give you a quote, it is a nice van...from all indications...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the flat floor does not concern me at all. it is still 9990 and 10,000 lb gvw and you aren't going to get anthing more the 3 48x48 or 48x52 skids in it anyhow based on total gcvw and you can can get then between the wheelwells since there are 52" between them...i want 16 foot so i can knock out 4 ft for a sleeping area....

if the flat floor is really that important, a unicell cube works best....and is cheaper...and i am back to going in that direction myself....

I think I am also, heading to the Ford dealer in the Morning to start getting some Prices I want a flat floor so I can put Skids Side by side and have more Sleeper room.

Last edited:

aileron

Expert Expediter
This is a chevy van and is supported by better warrantys, service, and quality. If you did not get to touch and feel at the Expeditors Expo, come visit us at our next show in Dallas, TX on August 20-22, 2009.

Better warranty, I don't know, better service, maybe, but better quality, no way. I'd rather be on the road than having to take advantage of the better service. No Government Motors vehicles for me.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Better warranty, I don't know, better service, maybe, but better quality, no way. I'd rather be on the road than having to take advantage of the better service. No Government Motors vehicles for me.

I agree, I've been a GM Man all my life, My father worked for GM Till he died, I get the GM Discount, and I'm buying Ford for now on.

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
thank you cargomaxx....people, my dealings and the info i got from Mr Meeks was "top shelf"...from what i have seen the van is a good unit, it just needs to be "teeked" for our type of use, and that looks like it could happen down the road...

if any of you are looking to buy a "sprinter" type van and can live without a 16 ft long cargo area, let Cargomaxx give you a quote, it is a nice van...from all indications...

Chief, what % are they paying you???????????????

Always the business man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
oncedrove wrote:

Chief, what % are they paying you???????????????

Always the business man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i have no idea how much they are paying Chief, but they aren't payin me a dime... :D.but as you said , bein a business man, if they want to pay me to hawk their product, you can bet i can be bought!!!:eek:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
oncedrove wrote:

well i have no idea how much they are paying Chief, but they aren't payin me a dime... :D.but as you said , bein a business man, if they want to pay me to hawk their product, you can bet i can be bought!!!:eek:

Have them hook you up with a title (free and clear) to one of them fully loaded with all the options to include the factory sleeper plus half your fuel and tell everyone all about how great it is. :) just kiddin although that wouldn't be a half bad deal.

cargomaxx

Seasoned Expediter
Those who are familiar with the chevy diesel 6.6L V-8 duramax engine will affirm that this engine will perform and give the service and provide the power needed to last in this cargo maxx van. Even the gas version has a V-8 6.0L engine. Ford will soon follow the trend and you Ford lovers should be pleased to know that CFF is already working to put this box on a Ford chassis. The market is there and sprinter paved the way for the need, besides, its the American way. For this reason, CFF also has box trucks, straight trucks, etc for the expeditor market. They have focus for the cargo van market but can provide the other type trucks. Keep this in mind for future needs......

john2059

Seasoned Expediter
to cargomike08,if you like goto cargomaxx.net the van are usa built and the dealer is in lebon,tn.they had some at the show in ohio last weekend some had a sleeper unit the other one didn't.gas esp.mpg was 14 -16 mpg fuel was 18-20mpg