cargoMAXX

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I missed the one with the sleeper, I thought they were both the same
I did find out I cannot fit in a Sprinter sleeper, my legs hang out the door.
Does the cargo maxx have more room?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you looked at the Sprinter on the far right side across from Bolt then you saw the sleeper in the CargoMaxx also. Midway sleepers does them both and they had identical sleepers. They do now offer an option for a bed that is 44" wide where the old one was something like 35" maybe. The extra width lets you have a longer bed if you use the diagonal but still not normal bed length. I think an Aerocell is the only thing you can have a full size bed in without going to a straight truck.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
If you looked at the Sprinter on the far right side across from Bolt then you saw the sleeper in the CargoMaxx also. Midway sleepers does them both and they had identical sleepers. They do now offer an option for a bed that is 44" wide where the old one was something like 35" maybe. The extra width lets you have a longer bed if you use the diagonal but still not normal bed length. I think an Aerocell is the only thing you can have a full size bed in without going to a straight truck.

I guess i could cut off my head or my feet, ? is which one LOL:p
Are all Sprinter drivers short?

guido4475

Not a Member
There was a Dodge dealer from Columbus.Oh there with a sprinter that had a Midway sleeper conversion in it.It was really nice, but I was dissapointed in the width as well.I was under the misunderstanding that a Sprinter was wider than a standard cargo van, Such as my Ford.But I found out differently when I laid down in it.No wider than my Ford. I did not lay down in the Cargo maxx, but I thought it was wider than a Sprinter.I know when the salesman hit the side of the Cargomaxx with that 3# hammer it sounded like a cannon went off in the place.But I saw a Ford Today with a Spartan box on it, single rear wheel, and thought that would make a nice setup. I am sure someone out here has one of them already. I think they are close to 80" wide inside, from what I remember reading in an ad for one.I may be wrong.

On a different note, does anyone realize that on a Ford with a spare tire underneath between the axle and the spare there is enough room for a 3,000 watt generator? It's not the best place, but it can be done correctly.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
So why were they hitting the truck with a hammer? I heard that noise sounded like a hood slamming

guido4475

Not a Member
They slammed the side of it to show me and others how much thicker and durable the Cargomaxx fiberglass is compared to a sprinter. I was impressed.The roll-up door was a nice feature.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I missed the one with the sleeper, I thought they we re both the same
I did find out I cannot fit in a Sprinter sleeper, my legs hang out the door.
Does the cargo maxx have more room?

I am 6'3" 1/2 and fit fine In my sprintwr but do have to lay corner to corner.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I wonder how much does the body actually weigh and it is it sprayed fiberglass (like a boat) or some sort of composite sandwich construction.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Are all Sprinter drivers short?
No - I'm around 73 1/2" tall ... :eek:

My mattress is 66" long - but I built the bunk so that it was 36" wide - I either sleep with my knees bent ..... or diagonally, with my feet hanging off, back into the cargo area ....

It's certainly not like sleeping on a king-size bed in the Presidential Suite at the Ritz ..... but it ain't all that bad .... :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Something to look into. I didn't think about sleeping on diagonal. Seems like it will be a year or two before CargoMAXX is ready for the open market as they are building trucks for Fedex Home Delivery. I was a contractor for Fedex Home Delivery and these trucks would be perfect for them. I have 2 1/2 years to decide if I want to downsize to a van, so by that time everything sould be sorted out for me. :)

cargomaxx

Seasoned Expediter
Those who are familiar with the chevy diesel 6.6L V-8 duramax engine will affirm that this engine will perform and give the service and provide the power needed to last in this cargo maxx van. Even the gas version has a V-8 6.0L engine. Ford will soon follow the trend and you Ford lovers should be pleased to know that CFF is already working to put this box on a Ford chassis. The market is there and sprinter paved the way for the need, besides, its the American way. For this reason, CFF also has box trucks, straight trucks, etc for the expeditor market. They have focus for the cargo van market but can provide the other type trucks. Keep this in mind for future needs......

Our Cargomaxx is becoming more and more popular and with the Dodge sprinter pulling out of the market, the CargoMaxx is steadily taking it's place.... Also, CFF Sales and Leasing has over thirty 2006 International 24' Straight Trucks for sale. All with less than 150,000 miles, most 125,000 miles. for pictures and details, request information by sending an e-mail to [email protected]

aileron

Expert Expediter
Gimme a break, Sprinter pulling out of the market?
For your info, Sprinter is here to stay. Yes, you wont be able to buy a Dodge sprinter, but Freightliner Sprinter and Mercedes Sprinter will be here for years to come.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Maybe "Spring Break"

Seems Dodge was clearly mentioned.

I guess there are going to be people out there that think like this: ' Man, I would so want a Dodge sprinter, but I can only find Freightliner and Mercedes, so, what do I do........Oh, thank goodness for CargoMaxx' :rolleyes::eek:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
guys i would rather have a cargomaxx if it did as good on fuel as the sprinter,and fixing a cargomax's breaks or engine will be a heellll of alot cheaper than the sprinter ever will be.:(

cargomaxx

Seasoned Expediter
For those wanting to be under the DOT radar, CFF Sales and Leasing have (2) 2010 6.0L Gas 159" wheel base that can be ordered at 10,000 GVWR. These are DRW models and can be upfitted with sleeper quarters and with or without side doors but has the rollup rear door. Curb GVWR is at 6,993 lbs with side doors and would be less without side doors.

Sold the Diesel's, so No Diesel chassis's currently available but will post them as they come in...

To service FedEx Home and with Ground division now buying the CargoMaxx, most chassis's are 12,300 GVWR (DRW).

We have inventory in the 2009 International step vans, currently available are the 1200, 1000, cubic ft of cargo volume and some used 2006 24' straight trucks...If interested in any of these, e-mail cargomaxx at [email protected] :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cargomaxx dude got a few questions for you, really appreciate you answering them.

1 - you mentioned that the Curb GVRW of the gasser is 6993 lbs, do you know what the Curb weight is for the diesel version of your product?

2 - are you willing to retro-fit an existing van?

3 - I asked this before but ask again, I wonder how much does body actually weigh and it is it sprayed fiberglass (like a boat) or some sort of composite sandwich construction?

4 - OK I'm curious about the 'lip' on the top rear of the body, how is that working out for you? I mean does it keep things clean and promote between aerodynamics or just something added to be different?

5 - can I order one with a flat floor?

6 - is there a brochure that we can get to see with details and specs?

7 - What rear door are you using, is it a weathertite by Todco?