cab wing or nose cone?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
doe s anyone have any exp. with either of these? have a day cab with a 103 tall box st. truck , gotta get one or the other, the wind beats against the box pretty good causing drag and a lot of noise. Just not sure which one would be better?

miker

Seasoned Expediter
as far as I know those will reduce some drag ,, but I the wind noise will still be hitting the front of the box, is this correct ? or have I misunderstood what all products they offer?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
doe s anyone have any exp. with either of these? have a day cab with a 103 tall box st. truck , gotta get one or the other, the wind beats against the box pretty good causing drag and a lot of noise. Just not sure which one would be better?

in 1986 had a flat top freightliner,it got 5.6mpg 400 Cat 13 speed.in 1987 I put a wing on the roof,the one that is sold from Sacramento Ca.Mileage went to 6.3.It paid for itself in 3 months.

At onetime when I drove a company truck,they had the dome on their trailers,didnt really help much,same when at Roberts Express,they had a sort of dome too,didnt help

miker

Seasoned Expediter
in 1986 had a flat top freightliner,it got 5.6mpg 400 Cat 13 speed.in 1987 I put a wing on the roof,the one that is sold from Sacramento Ca.Mileage went to 6.3.It paid for itself in 3 months.

At onetime when I drove a company truck,they had the dome on their trailers,didnt really help much,same when at Roberts Express,they had a sort of dome too,didnt help

Nightcreacher, by Dome, are you referring to the nose cone that is mounted to the front of the box/trailer?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
here is another of my useless ideas BUT depending on your sense of humor......get a big red nosecone and on the cab put a wing. if you squint real good it looks like a clown mustache. like i said.........