Bring your best pic

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
How do I post a picture? I need to know how to post from my computer, and from an online album. Thx

If you have the photos online, like in photobucket, you just copy the image location and paste that inside the tags
. You can also use the options below the window you type your post in to attach files to your post and they will shop up as attached thumbnails.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Don't know if these will show up, I'll try though.

Attachments

• IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 8

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I couldn't figure out how to do the big pictures, which is what I really wanted to do for a couple other ones. All of my pictures have been from the passenger seat moving down the road. It's been a struggle, but I think I've done pretty good. That flower one was in the front yard though....which I'm sure was obvious.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I couldn't figure out how to do the big pictures, which is what I really wanted to do for a couple other ones. All of my pictures have been from the passenger seat moving down the road. It's been a struggle, but I think I've done pretty good. That flower one was in the front yard though....which I'm sure was obvious.

To get the larger version, post the pictures to a site like www.photobucket.com or some other similar site, then you copy the image location and paste it inside the image tags I mentioned in the earlier post.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I have them on picasaweb. I found where the image location is, and tried with the tags, but it just shows as a link. Can you post an example of how to post it in my reply so it will show up right...lol? I don't know why I can't figure this out...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trash Day in NYC
IMG_0013a.jpg

Deceptively cold in the high desert near Edwards AFB
IMG_0101_a.jpg

Hey! DO NOT take pictures while yer drivin'!
IMG_0094a.jpg

One of my favorites. ISO 50, 1/5s, f/3.5, 72mm - Fast little bugger.
IMG_0029a.jpg

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I know this isn't the kind of picture you are looking for, but I like showing of my little brother in law.

Attachments

• jackson.jpg
    jackson.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 7

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Trash Day in NYC
IMG_0013a.jpg

Deceptively cold in the high desert near Edwards AFB
IMG_0101_a.jpg

Hey! DO NOT take pictures while yer drivin'!
IMG_0094a.jpg

One of my favorites. ISO 50, 1/5s, f/3.5, 72mm - Fast little bugger.
IMG_0029a.jpg

Awesome Pics Turtle..
What kinda camera?
Hummingbird pics are hard to get and I have ony had 1 opportunity to capture same..
I tried to get exif data from these but all is lost when you use Picasa (thinking I shot most in sport mode)..
Picasa Web Albums - MIke - Santa Rosa La...

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I have them on picasaweb. I found where the image location is, and tried with the tags, but it just shows as a link. Can you post an example of how to post it in my reply so it will show up right...lol? I don't know why I can't figure this out...

Butterfly love the pics (would love to see the barn in a larger format)..
Go to photobucket and open a free account..
Upload your favorite pics and after you upload
Click the small selection box by the pic you want to share (a check will appear in the box) then..
Scroll down to bottom of page on right and click generate HTML and image code
When done it will take you to another page where you will find the box called images for message boards where you will click in the box and a little copied message will appear..
Go to your post and paste below your message hit enter and Voila you have pics!
Hope this helps
Mike

IMG_2802_3893ed.jpg

IMG_2805_3896ed.jpg

IMG_2813_3904ed.jpg

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Here's a couple more. I'm trying to master the art of moving at 65 mph photography...lol. Trying to learn all the settings on my camera. Plus, I don't know much about taking pictures, so it's a learning process.

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Awesome Pics Turtle..
What kinda camera?
Hummingbird pics are hard to get and I have ony had 1 opportunity to capture same..
I tried to get exif data from these but all is lost when you use Picasa (thinking I shot most in sport mode)..
It's just a Canon S2 IS (latest iteration is the S5 IS). Cheap (well, they're cheap now), but works rather well.
It's not an SLR, but converter lenses are available that work great. It's a 5MP, 12x optical zoom
(36 mm to 432 mm equivalent), and I have a 1.54x teleconverter (660mm equivalent) that lets
me do things I couldn't otherwise do. I also have an extremely low distortion .66x wide-angle lens that I've
been very pleased with.

We have 7 hummingbird feeders around the edge of the patio deck, as well as several other bird feeders,
and we also have a pond out front that's about an acre or two, all of which afford lots of photo opportunities
and hours of fun. I've had hummingbirds feed from a dish held in my hand.

From across the pond, a really, really big hummingbird
IMG_0075a.jpg

What'chu lookin' at, Willis?
IMG_0016a.jpg

Thistle, for shizzle.
IMG_0018a.jpg

I sure wish birds flew closer to the ground
IMG_0126a.jpg

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have hummer feeders at each window of our house and also one on the table out front. Got these hummer babies while sitting there drinking a cup of coffee one morning. I've also had them feed from my hand.

Attachments

• hummer 2.jpg
    hummer 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 8

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Very kewl sunset shot.

Camera phone shot, just east of Lake Charles, LA.
0617082004aa.jpg

A different LA
IMG_0091aa.jpg

The Moderator :D
IMG_0171a.jpg

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I am crying tears of joy right now:p (well not really as men don't cry)
You guys made a really crappy day pretty cool..
Thanks
Turtle I will see your Kodak theater and raise you a Marilyn Monroe look alike, Cyn in shorty shorts and a Labrea Tar Pit:eek:
IMG_1998_2328.jpg

IMG_1997_2327.jpg

Of course I have to throw in a Grumman's and a Roosevelt..