Breaking news in central FL

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Since many expediters on this forum make central Fl their home I thought would share this:

Just a few hours ago a utility worker found what may be the remains of Caylee Anthony a half of mile from her home. Bones (skull with tape on the month), a plastic bag, and duct tape were found in an area that until recently was flooded by the typical summer rains that occur in the Orlando area each year.

If in fact these remains are Caylee, do you feel that the prosecution should change and go for the death penalty rather than a life sentence for this hanis crime?

Last edited:

miker

Seasoned Expediter
put to death? only if thats the hasrhest punishment possible for someone especially a mother hurting an innocent child

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Figure the odds that it isn't her...and now that have remains, I hope they do give mom the death penalty

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i agree with ya'll........
that baby was the most cutest baby....... omg.. it makes me just want to cry for that lil girl and i can not imagine.. that the mothers . parents are feeling right now......
and to think when I seen the video of the mother of the baby... smiling and such .. when she was being ?? the where abouts of that baby........ omg..... the woman is a physco.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
take a large clear plastic garbage bag, duct tape it around the moms head, she will last a few minutes, she will thrash around in that bag like a fish out of water and maybe endure the pain her daughter did....total cost for clear garbage bag and 2 feet of duct tape .25 cents, Cost for the american government to try her (PUBLICITY) and to give her the death penalty\.....About 25 million....Expensive drama

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Unfortunatley, the mother will never endure the pain she imparted on her daughter. To a little child the love of the mother if paramount, the very reason for that childs being. Such betrayal of that love before her death is likley more painful than death itself. Another florida case was in Gulfbreeze/Pensacola where amongst other crimes the mother kilded her son to collect on an insurance policy. The testomy from the nanny still haunts me today! It was so sureal! She got the death penalty and was finally executed. She was known as "The Black Widow," Judy Buenoano. Ipray for the little girl and the other family members that have to live with this. I cannot bring myself to pray for the mother.

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
Death Penalty ? NO WAY.

Here's my suggestion:

Life in a cell, solitary confinement. One meal a day, 1500 calories. No books, No television or intellectual stimulation of any kind. No other prisoner to talk to, Nobody to ever tell you what's going on in the world, what day it is, how old you now are or if a family member has passed away. You got a toothache? Deal with it. No doctors. You wanna work in the prison factory? No thanks, we don't need your help. Just sit on your bed with one pillow and one blanket and think about what you've done. You've forfeited your right to co-exist in the human race. What I won't give you is an easy way out by killing you.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Death Penalty ? NO WAY.
What I won't give you is an easy way out by killing you.

As strongly as I believe in Capital Punishment, I think your point is an excellent one in this case. Reason being exactly as you stated "easy way out". I believe that Casey would suffer much more if kept alive and the cost to do so would probably be less than to execute her.

Another thought would be to turn her loose in the prison yard with a bunch of Moms that are in lock up. They most likely would take her out for the system. Even criminals have a code of conduct when it comes to baby killers. THEY DON'T TOLERATE IT!!!

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Is it just me, or did the parents seem to be parading around "OJ style" trying to find the "real killer" all along, until they got the dna tests back that that was indeed hair from a dead Caylee Anthony found in the trunk of her car. So who was keeping their mouth shut about who killed the child? Mother or grandfather? Just a thought

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Is it just me, or did the parents seem to be parading around "OJ style" trying to find the "real killer" all along, until they got the dna tests back that that was indeed hair from a dead Caylee Anthony found in the trunk of her car. So who was keeping their mouth shut about who killed the child? Mother or grandfather? Just a thought

Generally speaking of course but if the child is that huge of a lier she had to learn it someplace and apples don't fall far from the tree

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I guess I've been pondering whether the parents should be inverstigated as to whether they have been accessories to the murder. Or the silence of Caycee a cover up for a crime commited by HER parents. In other words, someone is covering for someone. Which way is it?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't think that Cindy is covering for Casey - it was Cindy who called 911, when Casey refused to say where Caylee was, providing a ludicrous explanation for why she hadn't reported the child missing (for a month!). I think that Cindy is trying her best to believe that Casey couldn't harm her own child, in spite of past behavior. I think it's what any parent would do, in her shoes.
As for "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree": sometimes that's true, but not always.
My heart goes out to Casey's parents - I don't think they want to believe they've raised a monster, and now they've lost their beloved granddaughter, as well. Interviews I've watched between mother & daughter indicate that Casey is a lying, evasive, manipulative psycho, and the death penalty is too good for the likes of her.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Cheri, those are my thoughts exactly! As parents we do take some responsibility for how our children turn out, but not everything is controlled. All you have to do is look at the differences between siblings that have been raised the same.
I feel for these grandparents and the range of emotions they must be going through.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I saw the grandparents interviewed on the Today show, there was some kind of dynamic there that didn't seem right. Why are they there in the first place? Domineering wife, husband seems dragged there, never uttering a word. It's a relatively small snapshot to form an opinion on, but something seemed weird. More going on than just "distraught grandparents".

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
and there bail-bond guy now he's a package as well, the whole incident appears to be one big dysfunctional black hole