Bolt driver killed

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Heck why don't we just scrap any and all vehicles that are commercial. Then sell all the steel to China for a low price too. We will also have amish buggies haul everything too, and what they cant get done we will let Mexican trucks do the rest. I'm game for regulating van too, as long as I get the rate that a ST or TT get. Why are we so quick to speculate on a van accident??

We could all us rickshaws as well! Just think how much weight we would all lose!! Not to worry, DOT would find a way to regulate those away too!! :p

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
just wondering why are some jumping to a conclusion or rushing to judgement on what happened with the Bolt driver we don,t even know if he was under a load he may have been waiting for a load for a day or so and was on his way to wal mart so until we know the whole story lets not speculate on whether bolt ran him to hard or whatever the case may be besides it is everyones responsibility whether to take a load or not if anyone excepts a load even though there is no sleep time built in and you know it should be well that is yuou the owners fault after all last time i checked you are your own boss
just my 2 cents

boltB553

Seasoned Expediter
No one knows exactly what happened except for the driver him self. lets all just pray for his family. Rest in peace driver. and as far as not having enough time to rest at the end of the day it is the driver who has to make the choice on if he can do the load in the amount given or not.. if not turn it down. ask to have times changed there are many options in that situation. load planners call and offer the load not force it on us. it is our choice and once accepted it is our resposability to make the run safely.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
I am more of a lurker then a poster but I have to chime in on this.
For crying out loud the poor guy died, Bolt has to deal with a fatal accident which is a mess I am sure. Without knowing anything people are just saying the stupidest things, it's amazing! People ASSume way too much!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am more of a lurker then a poster but I have to chime in on this.
For crying out loud the poor guy died, Bolt has to deal with a fatal accident which is a mess I am sure. Without knowing anything people are just saying the stupidest things, it's amazing! People ASSume way too much!

You should chime in more offten. Well said...for the rest of you....what r u trying to say? Why don't u just come out and say it? Sorry just had to put that in.

Sad to hear about this.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
You should chime in more offten. Well said...for the rest of you....what r u trying to say? Why don't u just come out and say it? Sorry just had to put that in.

Sad to hear about this.

Honestly people's opinions like in this thread is why I don't post more often! Some folks in our industry can have a skewd and distorted perspective at times.

My thoughts go out to the family of this poor driver that lost his/her life just trying to make a living and support his/her family. It's hard enough out there on the road..and to loose one's life busting his butt out there trying to make ends meet and for people to say what they did is pathetic and I hope and prey the family of this person does not go online here and read what others have said and don't get the wrong impression of the majority of good people in our line of work.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Has any one heard about a b unit driver for bolt being fataly killed when he rear ended a semi in texas ? Tried looking uo news articles in texas- but not sure what part of state accident happen in. Would be interested to know what happen.
Sockhat,

I have a question for you - what is your original source of info on this accident ?

I'm not asking for the actual name of a specific individual ... but if you didn't hear about it on the news ..... exactly where did you hear about it from ?

What were the circumstances that you came to find out about this ?

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I find it interesting that some here are mad at others because of "rushing to judgment", "assuming" stuff, and "coming to a conclusion," when nothing of the sort actually happened. A question in the form of "just wondered..." was posed, nothing more. Well, except for those who assumed the driver has a family and is supporting them. A question was asked. A question. Someone wondered aloud. OMG! Good grief.

Speculating is another matter, is not jumping to a conclusion or assuming anything, and there's nothing wrong with speculating what may have happened, since speculation makes all of us more aware that it could happen to any of us at any time unless we are vigilant and aware of what we are doing at all times.

"I hope the driver's loved ones don't log in and see the posts that are being made......"

Why? No names have been mentioned, nothing bad has been said about the driver, we don't know a thing about the accident, where it happened or when, or even if it happened at all. Any death is a tragedy, but you can't expect people here to get too maudlin over an anonymous death, even that of an expediter, since most of us know that an average of 115 people die every day on US roads. If we got too worked up over just one of them every day, much less 115 a day, we wouldn't be able to function or do our jobs.

Is that cold and heartless? Of course not, it's life, and life goes on. It will change if and when we get a name, a face, or some other information about the driver that makes him real to us, known to use. That's not the case with Bolt, to be sure, since they know him, and it's probably not the case with many Bolt drivers whether they knew him or not, but for the rest of us, it's just 1 of 115 that we also don't know. Another one of the 115 was Truman Williams, the 75 year old football coach of Bisbee High School, one of the most victorious football coaches in Arizona history, with more than 200 wins under his belt. He died in a one-vehicle accident when his truck veered off state highway 92 and crashed into an embankment. According to his son, the truck was fully loaded with shoulder pads. See what I mean? Though tragic as it is, there's a real guy with a real name and a real verifiable accident that no one here cares about. It's hard to get too worked up over a Bolt driver without a name who no one knows who may or may not have died in a rear end collision with a semi.

At this point, I'm wondering if this "Texas" accident wasn't the one that happened on the Ohio Turnpike last Monday, when a cargo van rear ended a tractor trailer and then erupted into flames, with the coroner having to use a wedding ring and dental record to positively identify the Toledo man.

fortwayne

Not a Member
This is brutal..............we have some saying we shouldn't speculate and then we have others saying we should just shoot our mouth off here in this case without knowing all the facts.

What we do know is someone died in an accident - we don't know who was at fault etc etc etc.

So here is a thought. Pray for those involved, no matter who was at fault, no matter who may or may not have been driving within the hours, outside the hours, who hit who, whatever the case may be.

Seriously, with the loss of life does anything else actually matter at this point.

These brutal speculations, attempts at humor - it's brutal.

SPELL CHECK TIME

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find it interesting that some here are mad at others because of "rushing to judgment", "assuming" stuff, and "coming to a conclusion," when nothing of the sort actually happened. A question in the form of "just wondered..." was posed, nothing more. Well, except for those who assumed the driver has a family and is supporting them. A question was asked. A question. Someone wondered aloud. OMG! Good grief.

Speculating is another matter, is not jumping to a conclusion or assuming anything, and there's nothing wrong with speculating what may have happened, since speculation makes all of us more aware that it could happen to any of us at any time unless we are vigilant and aware of what we are doing at all times.

"I hope the driver's loved ones don't log in and see the posts that are being made......"

Why? No names have been mentioned, nothing bad has been said about the driver, we don't know a thing about the accident, where it happened or when, or even if it happened at all. Any death is a tragedy, but you can't expect people here to get too maudlin over an anonymous death, even that of an expediter, since most of us know that an average of 115 people die every day on US roads. If we got too worked up over just one of them every day, much less 115 a day, we wouldn't be able to function or do our jobs.

Is that cold and heartless? Of course not, it's life, and life goes on. It will change if and when we get a name, a face, or some other information about the driver that makes him real to us, known to use. That's not the case with Bolt, to be sure, since they know him, and it's probably not the case with many Bolt drivers whether they knew him or not, but for the rest of us, it's just 1 of 115 that we also don't know. Another one of the 115 was Truman Williams, the 75 year old football coach of Bisbee High School, one of the most victorious football coaches in Arizona history, with more than 200 wins under his belt. He died in a one-vehicle accident when his truck veered off state highway 92 and crashed into an embankment. According to his son, the truck was fully loaded with shoulder pads. See what I mean? Though tragic as it is, there's a real guy with a real name and a real verifiable accident that no one here cares about. It's hard to get too worked up over a Bolt driver without a name who no one knows who may or may not have died in a rear end collision with a semi.

At this point, I'm wondering if this "Texas" accident wasn't the one that happened on the Ohio Turnpike last Monday, when a cargo van rear ended a tractor trailer and then erupted into flames, with the coroner having to use a wedding ring and dental record to positively identify the Toledo man.

You're kidding right? oh oh Someone hacked your account!

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
We don't even know that for sure.
Exactly - that was the point of my question - what's the source of this info ?

I mean, the original post actually opens with a question, and not a declarative statement (as in "A driver was killed in an accident") .... with absolutely no attribution as to where this info has come from ....

There hasn't been a definitive statement that someone was killed ..... just a suggestion that someone might have been ....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I was asked to leave this alone, and i will , but all any Bolt driver has to do is inquire with dispatch...you aren't going tp get particulars...but you will get a confirmation to the basic question.....but, the question that Rlent asked i still on the table, how did the original poster get this info?? Now I will leave it alone......and just read

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're kidding right? oh oh Someone hacked your account!
No, I'm not kidding. I'm dead serious.

Clearly, many people here would be shocked if they were to know how many expediters die in accidents every year. But we rarely hear about them at all, and we never hear the details. Even the carriers don't let their own people know the details. Apparently, it's more palatable to keep things quiet than to publicly morn the death of a driver. Got a reputation to protect and all that. But when the numbers show 1.45 deaths per 100 million miles driven, it's not hard to do the math to approximate how many of them are expediters. Panther alone does almost that many miles a year (and the 1.45 number comes to fruition), so you add up all the expediting companies, and it's a serious number. No kidding.