Bolo

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At the risk of losing my charter membership in the 'Sisterhood', I have to admit that I don't much like to go 'shopping' (except to splurge at the Dollar Store, lol).
I am therefore having a hard time finding a specific item: silk tank tops. I used to have a bunch, but they've all gone somewhere, :confused: and the last one is now falling apart, sadly. They are a summer favorite: as light as air, comfortable, & easy, and excellent for layering, too.
If any of you ladies happen to see them, somewhere, anywhere, would you please let me know where they can be found? 'Preciate it! :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bolo? Like a piece of string with a chunk of silver and turquoise. I'm sure a silk bolo would be light and airy but also very revealing. You did mention layering, so that would work in public. Have you looked at any Dale Evans' Secret or Cowgirls of Hollywood Stores?

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Geezz Moot..... You sure know all the good places to shop for Bolos!!????
Now all the ladys will be coming to you for fashion advice.

Nuff said

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Hey Cheri, have you ever seen one of these stores:
http://www.hamrickshosting.com/hamricks/promotions/5_25_.pdf

The store is Hamricks and they are located mostly in Tennessee, North Carolina, and I think some in GA. The promotion add may not have exactly what you want but I'll bet they have them in a store and their prices are very reasonable. Maybe a call to a store would solve the problem for you. Good luck!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still have some chinchilla halter tops left over from my raising chinchillas for fun and profit days. Not quite as light and airy as a silk bolo, but much less revealing. Would Mrs. Packmule be interested?

Speaking of bolos, I have a chinchilla boa, dyed pink. I promised Jesse Ventura first dibs, but if he declines I'm putting it out on the open market.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Sorry Moot, You don't have enough chinchillas to make Mrs Packmule a Halter top.

OH CRAP......I'm gonna pay for that one.....OUCH>>OUCH>>OUCH !!!!!!!!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I know for sure you can get silk tank tops at Bloomingdales.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of bolos, I have a chinchilla boa, dyed pink. I promised Jesse Ventura first dibs, but if he declines I'm putting it out on the open market.
Yes - but does it come with a free complimentary copy of the current issue of Grit ?

If so, I may be interested ......

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
BOLO stands for "Be On the LookOut" - don't you guys watch cop shows?! :p
Thanks to India & Turtle, and no thanks, to Moot - a chinchilla bolo isn't exactly what I had in mind:eek: and anyway, I'm still waiting for the chinchilla steering wheel cover....:D

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OHHHHHHHHH So thats what that Means....I'm not Allowed in that Part of the Store Without a Adult.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm glad I just went to the bathroom, or I'da had the laughing whizzes (still much better than the yucking squirts). :D

Cheri... don't you know that all the fashion on Cops can be gotten at Old Navy? Try there. :p

Last edited:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Moot,
Don't be selling all 'em chinchiller skins now. You promised me a chinchiller mortar board when I grad-u-ma-wait from college. 1 year down and about 3 to go. You know Ima gonna look good walking cross the stage at the "cow college" as they call the University of Arkansas at Monticello with it on.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
LOL Yeah, me too. Problem with Bloomies is, they're gonna cost way more than Cheri's gonna want to spend for a trucker's work shirt. $120, $130, probably. Designer silk ain't cheap, although, you'd think it would be, since it all comes from China.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
My neice likes silk too and she is going to China to meet her grandparents next month. I could have her pick some up for you Cheri

Attachments

• Maggie 003-copy.JPG
    Maggie 003-copy.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 6

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Much obliged, Eagle River - but isn't that niece a bit young to go shopping? :p She sure is a cutie pie, though!
I'll find some, one of these days...a few years ago, they were everywhere, and now, they're not (well, everywhere I go, at least), but they'll be back, I'm sure. Maybe I'll just try raising silkworms for fun & clothing, instead. :D

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you Cheri. Shopping can't be all that hard for her to learn. At Christmas time I could not understand something she said to her mother, so I asked. She was speaking Chinese to her mother and english to us white people.