Big Thanks to EO Community

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm.... First time it didn't work, then it did. Multiple times... I'll get the hang of it.

Hight light what you want to copyHight light what you want to copyHight light what you want to copy

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
He'll do fine once he does it once. Its just one of those things that we assume someone who posts a lot knows. He does good as afraid of electronics as he is...lol. I promise not to tease him about it :D:D

I'll admit though, I've been doing it for years and not long ago, I wanted to c&p something and sat there with a blank look on my face...didn't have the first freakin clue...lol. I left, come back like the next day. I actually had to do it without thinking about it, just let my fingers go through the motions (I know there's a name for it, but I can't remember that now..lol ).

The name for it is 'muscle memory', and some days, mine forget stuff too. :eek:

A

Anomaly

At the risk of exposing myself to ridicule and mocking... I don't know how to copy and paste.

Use the CTRL and C keys held down together to copy, use the CTRL and V keys down together to paste. CTRL X gives you the option to cut rather than copy ... helps in many cases doing paperwork in Word or Excel.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Use the CTRL and C keys held down together to copy, use the CTRL and V keys down together to paste. CTRL X gives you the option to cut rather than copy ... helps in many cases doing paperwork in Word or Excel.

I can't seem to get any method to work consistantly.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Choose one.

1. Abstinence

2. Practice makes perfect..

like.jpg

I just noticed the "Preview Post" option is up and running. Now Kim can check to see if his copy and paste worked...or not.

Hey where did the "Preview Post" thing go? I just used it on my most recent post in the General Forum. At least I think I did. Insert confused face here→

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
like.jpg

I just noticed the "Preview Post" option is up and running. Now Kim can check to see if his copy and paste worked...or not.

Hey where did the "Preview Post" thing go? I just used it on my most recent post in the General Forum. At least I think I did. Insert confused face here→

oh NOOOOOOOOOO...Lawrence fixed something again!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hello to all , My name is Joe, I am a 61 years old, heavy equip/truck mechanic, forcefully retired by John Deere after many years of faithfull service ,due to hearing loss, But Thanks to JD my hearing has been restored thru bi aural choclear implants. I have been reading the forum since Christmas , It is very encouraging, and informative. I am contemplating a major career change into this community, and i am attending the EOU,seminar this comming Feb22nd, in Knoxville. What if any documents should i bring? liscence, physical, tax returns, etc..
I am currently studying for my CDL and have taken a DOT physical . I think I have met the minimum DOT standard of hearing . But I have a major hurdle and it is the phone conversation. So I have one, of many questions that I have not found in the archives : are all major carriers dispatchers instructions via phone??? do any of them use texting /email?? would they accomodate a my disability?. I plan to follow your advise regarding my equipment, a used cargo maxx, ultra maxx, or high cube van. etracks and straps. to get started. thanks again for all those of you that participate in this forum. its priceless to a newcomer. Joe

Joe, I've been thinking about you the last couple of days. How is it going? Have you made any plans? Did you attend the show in Knoxville?

Here is what had me thinking about ya. I've been working on my CargoMax and needed some help from a welding shop and the old man that runs the shop (73 years old and a real character) is 80-85% deaf. I had to really make an effort to be able to communicate with him. Yesterday, he needed to make a phone call, so he showed me his cell phone...and his hearing aid/phone amplifier set up. It worked basicly like a "wired" hands free device. He actually wore the device around his neck and it hung under his shirt like a necklace. The wires ran up and over the back of his ears and were connected directly to his hearing aids. He could talk on the phone (hands free) and hear better on the phone than he can hear in a normal conversation. It looked like something that might be helpful to you.

He did not wear the device today (I was going to ask for a good look at it). I did ask him about it though and he said it was called Phonak. He did say that he got it through the VA. So, that might be a place to start or at least research if your not VA eligible.

I did not go back and read everything you have talked about, so this may be something you already know about, but I thought I would make a post here anyway. From what I saw of "Jack's" device, it looked promising for those with hearing challenges.

Good Luck! Haven't heard from you in a while?

Edit: I did finally find what looks like the device Jack was using. Here is a link: http://www.phonak.com/com/b2c/en/products/accessories/compilot-tvlink-s/overview.html

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Joe, I've been thinking about you the last couple of days. How is it going? Have you made any plans? Did you attend the show in Knoxville?

Here is what had me thinking about ya. I've been working on my CargoMax and needed some help from a welding shop and the old man that runs the shop (73 years old and a real character) is 80-85% deaf. I had to really make an effort to be able to communicate with him. Yesterday, he needed to make a phone call, so he showed me his cell phone...and his hearing aid/phone amplifier set up. It worked basicly like a "wired" hands free device. He actually wore the device around his neck and it hung under his shirt like a necklace. The wires ran up and over the back of his ears and were connected directly to his hearing aids. He could talk on the phone (hands free) and hear better on the phone than he can hear in a normal conversation. It looked like something that might be helpful to you.

He did not wear the device today (I was going to ask for a good look at it). I did ask him about it though and he said it was called Phonak. He did say that he got it through the VA. So, that might be a place to start or at least research if your not VA eligible.

I did not go back and read everything you have talked about, so this may be something you already know about, but I thought I would make a post here anyway. From what I saw of "Jack's" device, it looked promising for those with hearing challenges.

Good Luck! Haven't heard from you in a while?

Edit: I did finally find what looks like the device Jack was using. Here is a link: http://www.phonak.com/com/b2c/en/products/accessories/compilot-tvlink-s/overview.html

'Phonack is the 'brand' of hearing aids the the VA uses most of the time for vets who have hearing problems. Mine are digital and I have a remote to control the volume etc. Mine to not have the ability to connect to the phone.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
The link above is apparently for a bluetooth style, but I was positive that Jack told me his were actually wired to his hearing aids. I just know that they seemed to work very well. He was very happy with it. It was nice to see him carry on a phone conversation that was as normal as could be...after watching him struggle to communicate in normal conversations.

The difference as he explained it was that in normal conversation, he has to turn his hearing aids up so strong that he gets a lot of background noise. When he is using the phone, I guess it cuts out everything but the phone and he can hear it well.

He said he served for 4 years and 2 of those were on the flight deck.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I have my Phonak (no 'c') because the better part of eight years on/in tanks. The model I have are the digital 'mini' the volume button can be reprogramed to allow you to pick up consonants, and vowels in crowded rooms.