barry said he could fix these muslim hostillities....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
NPR should be defunded , so your saying it ok to stop the 2 idiots free speech because it offends Muslims but that the Adult movies,magazines, that insults or is against Christian beliefs should not be stopped

more like hate propaganda....hate speech....

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
boy is that stating the obvious....where cultures literally began...a 240 year culture compared to a what 3,000 yrs of cultures?....when wars and dictators were a normal way of life....the conquered and the conqueror...Not to worry....the west will fall to the greedy and the powerful....a dictatorship is within view...
Care to make a point?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
and I respectfully disagree

IMO the movie was revived, as I have shown in the other thread, to coincide with 9/11.
Extemist, knowing the reaction that would follow, used the protest as cover to attack the US Embassy in Libya.

I do not believe all the other protest that are happening at the moment are anything but protests.

They seem to be protesting just about everything according to the BBC reports.

Germany because of the circumcision ruling

UK apparently shares the same gate as Germany, so UK wasn't actually a target.

The bearded policeman in Iraq (?) want their jobs back and want to keep their beards

Its a mess.

If we follow your line of thought, what then was the catalyst?

Same logic people who blame guns instead of the shooter.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Care to make a point?

you pointed out the history of literally the world....when you have no significient history to compare to....you can not compare Europe to the US....maybe in 2,000 years from now....
The whole system is corrupted from the bottom to the top...something is going to happen in the future and America's landscape could be very much different in the future....

bobwg

Expert Expediter
more like hate propaganda....hate speech....

I have not seen the film and I dont care to see it yes probably is filled with hate propaganda and hate speech so they should counter it with their non violent speech to prove the haters wrong and it is still free speech

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
you pointed out the history of literally the world....when you have no significient history to compare to....you can not compare Europe to the US....maybe in 2,000 years from now....
The whole system is corrupted from the bottom to the top...something is going to happen in the future and America's landscape could be very much different in the future....
I agree, there's not much comparison to be made between Europe and the United States. There was a time when Europe mattered.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
there is a difference between free speech and promoting hatred that leads to violence....IMO

All this proved is a LOT of People are stupid enough to believe that the riots etc. are a result of the film. That is the EXCUSE. There are a FEW that are riling up the masses over there. They preach hatred etc. and LOOK for things like this film to use to turn out the easily led.

How come there was not rioting HERE when a crucifix dipped in urine, or a statue of the Virgin Mary was covered in cow manure, and called art? When people of religion HERE complained about it and not using PUBLIC FUNDS they were accused of suppressing free speech.

What a crock.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Cheri, you should know better then to point out anything that you don''t agree with me on and think that i care about its accuracy or if it is even true, you know for a fact I don't,"as long as it fits the agenda"...:D

Oh and Humble, that is your answer also...:D

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It is amazing what new information comes out after a little time. Libya is saying that the attack was pre-planned for as much as a month. Probably so if they are showing up with RPGs and all kinds of assault weapons. Movie was nothing more than a afterthought.
Funny though, only a week ago at the democratic convention they were saying how "qualified" and great Obama was at foreign policy. And now? What a difference a week makes.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cheri, you should know better then to point out anything that you don''t agree with me on and think that i care about its accuracy or if it is even true, you know for a fact I don't,"as long as it fits the agenda"...:D

Dennis...you crack me up....LOL.....:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Dennis...you crack me up....LOL.....:)

LOL, the fact is, barry infered he had a better handle on working with muslims and fixing the issues then bush had..yea, those weren't his "exact" words..but its not real hard to see where he was going...and then hair that with the lefts condemning bush as a "cowboy" that took a hard line and decided to just get it on. then barry comes in and saying he would "talk" to every one and we would be liked better...and everything would be good..because he has a better understanding...please...so again, just what went wrong??? The weak stick is as worthless as tits on a boar hog.....:rolleyes:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter

Thank you. That will save me a lot of time.:cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I agree, there's not much comparison to be made between Europe and the United States. There was a time when Europe mattered.
Europe and the rest of the world now say the same thing about the US, actually. Used to be, the US said, "Jump" and the rest of the world said, "How high?". Now when we say "Jump", they just roll their eyes and ignore us.

There are those who really and truly believe these attacks, around the world, that have continued after 9/11, have nothing whatsoever to do with the movie and were instead planned attacks my Muslims to coincide with 9/11. The reason for this, of course, is that the latter makes Muslims out to be bad, bad, bad, badder than ever, because this was a cold, calculated and premeditated set of attacks without any provocation whatsoever, and the mere thought that they could have been provoked is not an option. It's also convenient as a way to show that far more Muslims are of the extremist variety than are of the mode moderate variety, which is also a large part of the agenda.

But if you know and understand Islam, you know that these attacks are the direct result of the film, and that extremist Muslims have used the opportunity and the relative safety of numbers to pile on and exert their own agenda. This kind of thing happens all the time. For example, racists who could care less about dog fighting, or even dogs, used the opportunity to suddenly became PETA deputies in order to slam Michael Vick. It was so obvious as to be funny. These attacks are the same thing. Islam prohibits anything negative being said about the Prophet. Christianity prohibits the same thing about God, actually. But Muslims have a tradition (since that seems to be one of the words-of-the-day) of violent protests and exacting revenge, where Christianity, at least in it's current, modern iteration, does not (history, though, that's another matter).

Having said that, there's still no excuse for the violence. None.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
But if you know and understand Islam, you know that these attacks are the direct result of the film, and that extremist Muslims have used the opportunity and the relative safety of numbers to pile on and exert their own agenda.

Good explanation. I could add that those on the ground actually committing the violence are absolutely convinced that the U.S. government secretly supports the making of these videos and public burnings of the kuran giving them justification for killing Government representatives.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
On The Onion's website there is a cartoon of Jesus, Moses, Ganesha, and Buddha in various states of "relations" with each other with the headline No One Murdered Because Of This Image. There should be no more exceptions or apologies for the Muslims that will resort to violence over being offended, they will stand out from the crowd and can be dealt with.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think the film is the reason they are using now. If they had been planning this attack for some time in Libya, not sure they even knew of the movie? They did know about 9/11. I tend to think that was the real driver.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
On The Onion's website there is a cartoon of Jesus, Moses, Ganesha, and Buddha in various states of "relations" with each other with the headline No One Murdered Because Of This Image. There should be no more exceptions or apologies for the Muslims that will resort to violence over being offended, they will stand out from the crowd and can be dealt with.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Those who would riot, or incite riot, or be incited to riot, over 'bad art' only shows how immature, childish and useless their beliefs are. Their actions condemn their own beliefs.