barry said he could fix these muslim hostillities....

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
So, now the radical Muslims can tell a free people which movies, books, cartoons or other forms of free speech are permissible? Ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?

What was their intent if not to rile the Muslims?

Maybe they thought it would be funny .... but its not is it :(

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Why is it ridiculous?

Really so its ok to rile Christians or Jews with cartoons, movies , etc that insult their religion but not Muslims???? wow

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I thought we were only talking about the movie that has provoked the current situation :confused:
The movie is free speech we dont have to like it or agree with it but this is the US so we can only talk about this movie which insults and maybe caused some of the riots but not about the stuff that comes out and insults other people/religions and compare that no one has been killed because of movie /video from Hollywood or where ever insults Christians/Jews

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Some nit wits decided to make a film :mad:

This had nothing to do with any video that was made almost a year ago...this was planned to be put in place on 9/11...this is what I posted on another site:

I believe to ordinary citizens that have gotten caught up in the protest are doing this in a reaction to a video..but they have been "played" and used as "pawns" by those that planned this and put it into action on 9/11.....and that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY VIDEO....

This was put in motion by muslim extremist to make a show of force on the anniversary of the original 9/11 attacks to show they are still around.....

As this spreads, because the powers that be here are gutless and spineless when it comes to offending the muslim population it will only get worse....to bad our government is too weak to allow our military to do what they are trained for...kill people and destory things...

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
This had nothing to do with any video that was made almost a year ago...this was planned to be put in place on 9/11...this is what I posted on another site:

This was put in motion by muslim extremist to make a show of force on the anniversary of the original 9/11 attacks to show they are still around.....

As this spreads, because the powers that be here are gutless and spineless when it comes to offending the muslim population it will only get worse....to bad our government is too weak to allow our military to do what they are trained for...kill people and destory things...

and I respectfully disagree

IMO the movie was revived, as I have shown in the other thread, to coincide with 9/11.
Extemist, knowing the reaction that would follow, used the protest as cover to attack the US Embassy in Libya.

I do not believe all the other protest that are happening at the moment are anything but protests.

They seem to be protesting just about everything according to the BBC reports.

Germany because of the circumcision ruling

UK apparently shares the same gate as Germany, so UK wasn't actually a target.

The bearded policeman in Iraq (?) want their jobs back and want to keep their beards

Its a mess.

If we follow your line of thought, what then was the catalyst?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Why is it ridiculous?

Following your logic, every film made in the United States would have to be sanitized so as not to offend Islam. Sorry, there are no sacred cows in the exercise of free speech. I understand England and France cower before the swelling ranks of radical Muslims which now populate their major cities. Read the book "Londonistan" for a gripping account of Europe's fearsome co-existence with an ever-increasing Muslim population. Free people living in the United States are not going to defer their decisionmaking to the Muslim Brotherhood now running Egypt. As I have stated repeatedly, Islam is not compatible with Western civilization.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Following your logic, every film made in the United States would have to be sanitized so as not to offend Islam. Sorry, there are no sacred cows in the exercise of free speech. I understand England and France cower before the swelling ranks of radical Muslims which now populate their major cities. Read the book "Londonistan" for a gripping account of Europe's fearsome co-existence with an ever-increasing Muslim population. Free people living in the United States are not going to defer their decisionmaking to the Muslim Brotherhood now running Egypt. As I have stated repeatedly, Islam is not compatible with Western civilization.

Hey now! No need to get personal - its a debating forum and I have shown no disrespect to you or your Country.

I'm done!!

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I dont care if the Muslims dont like the film and they may or may not have used it as a reason to protest oh sorry more like riot in the streets. We should not stop free speech because some one does not like it or might be offended. Turn off the video, dont listen, dont read it

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Plain and Simple, barry said he could and would fix our relations with the muslim world and "ease the hostillities" the day he was inagugurated...soooo what went wrong????

OBAMA FLASHBACK: The Day I'm Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

I just listened to the above referenced audio twice and he did not make that statement. Notice that Breitbart was careful not to put quotation marks.

I also cannot find any Obama quotes where he says he will "fix the Muslim world.:confused:

Help me out here. Any references?

bobwg

Expert Expediter
By the way I heard reports that Muslims were insulting the Pope and burning pictures of the Pope today in Lebanon which is where he is visting. We dont see Christians resorting to violence

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
By the way I heard reports that Muslims were insulting the Pope and burning pictures of the Pope today in Lebanon which is where he is visting. We dont see Christians resorting to violence

heck I even insult the Pope....violence?....burning a picture?...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So, now the radical Muslims can tell a free people which movies, books, cartoons or other forms of free speech are permissible? Ridiculous.

Of course they can't - only the Christians can do that: get 'adult' places banned, have books removed from school libraries, try to defund NPR....

We have to remember that the movie is an inappropriate exercise of free speech, in that it deliberately insults the beliefs of others, and we do have the right [and moral obligation] to say so. If the movie incited Christians, you'd be saying so, wouldn't you?
No one has the right to engage in killing or violence to express their 'outrage', as the most radical Muslims are doing. We also have to remember that the radical few do not represent the moderate many, in Islam or Christianity.

Dennis: You deliberately misrepresent his point: that he has an understanding of the Muslim point of view that few of us have. He never said he could or would end the hostilities, and idiots like the filmmaker and Pastor Terry Jones just make it that much easier for moderate Muslims to believe they are hated by Americans, and the radical Muslims to act out.
Stirring misguided people to further acts of hatred helps how, exactly?

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Hey now! No need to get personal - its a debating forum and I have shown no disrespect to you or your Country.

I'm done!!
No one said you have disrespected this country. More likely, you do not understand this country. If you are attempting to view American culture through your experiences in Europe, then you will miss the mark. Europe has a long, long tradition of accommodating tyrants and dictators. Appeasement has a comfy home in Europe. Millions of people left Europe to escape a culture which buys time through appeasement and accommodation. That is not the American tradition. Peoples moving to the United States are expected to assimilate.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Of course they can't - only the Christians can do that: get 'adult' places banned, have books removed from school libraries, try to defund NPR....

We have to remember that the movie is an inappropriate exercise of free speech, in that it deliberately insults the beliefs of others, and we do have the right [and moral obligation] to say so. If the movie incited Christians, you'd be saying so, wouldn't you?
No one has the right to engage in killing or violence to express their 'outrage', as the most radical Muslims are doing. We also have to remember that the radical few do not represent the moderate many, in Islam or Christianity.

Dennis: You deliberately misrepresent his point: that he has an understanding of the Muslim point of view that few of us have. He never said he could or would end the hostilities, and idiots like the filmmaker and Pastor Terry Jones just make it that much easier for moderate Muslims to believe they are hated by Americans, and the radical Muslims to act out.
Stirring misguided people to further acts of hatred helps how, exactly?
NPR should be defunded , so your saying it ok to stop the 2 idiots free speech because it offends Muslims but that the Adult movies,magazines, that insults or is against Christian beliefs should not be stopped

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No one said you have disrespected this country. More likely, you do not understand this country. If you are attempting to view American culture through your experiences in Europe, then you will miss the mark. Europe has a long, long tradition of accommodating tyrants and dictators. Appeasement has a comfy home in Europe. Millions of people left Europe to escape a culture which buys time through appeasement and accommodation. That is not the American tradition. Peoples moving to the United States are expected to assimilate.

boy is that stating the obvious....where cultures literally began...a 240 year culture compared to a what 3,000 yrs of cultures?....when wars and dictators were a normal way of life....the conquered and the conqueror...Not to worry....the west will fall to the greedy and the powerful....a dictatorship is within view...