August. Where you at,

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pericarditis ..... That's what They are inclined to think
Heart is in a sac well actually double bagged you could say ,,,, the liquid becomes infected and the heart rubs against the sac

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
EKG came back good... Blood clots in lungs test came back clear

That's good to know! Did they test you for cardiac enzymes and perform a D-Dimer test on you for blood clots? Usually they will only run a CT scan of the lungs if you have an elevated D-Dimer test. Please try and find out if your D-Dimer was elevated, because sometimes blood cots can be too small to see in your lungs. If you are worried about blood clots, please wear compression socks when you drive. They did a good job though to check your lungs for clots. You are in a good hospital. Thousands of people die from blood cots every year (more than cancer and aids combined) because they are misdiagnosed as having chest infections, or pulled leg muscles. Please keep us updated. I'm glad you're alright!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The only silver lining to being a driver for a living is that they will almost always check for blood clots when you have a swollen leg or chest pain. I was diagnosed in minutes without a D-Dimer test because I had a red swollen leg and I am a driver. They skipped the D-dimer and sent me right in for an ultrasound of my leg. The clots in my lungs were discovered the next day when I complained about mild chest pain. It all happened so fast for me. I spent 7 days in the cardiac ward of the hospital with an EKG hooked up to make sure I didn't have any right-sided heart strain/damage from the huge clots I had in both lungs. I was lucky to be stable with o2 stats in the mid nineties, normal blood pressure, and normal heart rate. Some people with Saddle PE are not quite so lucky. I have a friend who had the exact same clots like I did and she was told she might not live through the night. It's scary stuff to think about when you're facing your own mortality.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's good to know! Did they test you for cardiac enzymes and perform a D-Dimer test on you for blood clots? Usually they will only run a CT scan of the lungs if you have an elevated D-Dimer test. Please try and find out if your D-Dimer was elevated, because sometimes blood cots can be too small to see in your lungs. If you are worried about blood clots, please wear compression socks when you drive. They did a good job though to check your lungs for clots. You are in a good hospital. Thousands of people die from blood cots every year (more than cancer and aids combined) because they are misdiagnosed as having chest infections, or pulled leg muscles. Please keep us updated. I'm glad you're alright!
Yes all clear.... Gave me an IV painkiller

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unbelievable ... I get home and bam....
Do what I do on a Saturday....
Relax, relax, relax,......watch Classic movies.... Classic Movie Saturday is open to everyone......
eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gif