August locations and banter

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ugh. I hate all these sensors on these things. Bad thing...cam sensor...good thing... Rock Auto has it $200 less than local supplier...just have to wait til tomorrow for it to arrive.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
They sailed Sunday from Galveston to the Eastern Caribbean . They are currently south of Cuba, almost to Montego Bay. Webcams show clear skys and calm waters.

46c142fb-3a79-367d.jpg

46c142fb-3a88-3af0.jpg

Austrailia is at a later date by plane.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
They sailed Sunday from Galveston to the Eastern Caribbean . They are currently south of Cuba, almost to Montego Bay. Webcams show clear skys and calm waters.

Austrailia is at a later date by plane.
Thanks Jenny! Good to know.

Hangin out at the J in Olive Branch. Its about 90 degrees here with a nice breeze. Ive spent most of the day visiting with a Landstar driver that showed up this morning. Just realized we've shared that shade tree for 4 or 5 hours now and neither of us know the other ones name..lol.

Looks like I'll be here for a fifth day?

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered in Milwaukee this afternoon, pickup in Chicago in the AM going to KY. Looks like I'm going to be able to help my son move to Knoxville over the weekend, after all! Thanks to the great people we have in dispatch!

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
still in Arizona. Moved to Tuscon I have had luck here before dispatch called wanting me to move to El Paso. Which I might do in a day or two gonna give tucson a try.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Chris, Chris, get to el paso your wasting time.

Listen to this man, his advice is explosive.

I would second the move to El Paso. Everytime i dropped in Nogales and waited around Tucson /Nogales area i would get skunked. To this day i have never loaded out of AZ. I always put it in the wind and go to El Paso, 90% of the time i would get a load out the next day. But El Paso has never disappointed me in all the years I've been in the SW. Think about it, its gonna cost you roughly $100 in fuel to get you there where you'll get loaded vs. spending money sitting.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Listen to this man, his advice is explosive.

I would second the move to El Paso. Everytime i dropped in Nogales and waited around Tucson /Nogales area i would get skunked. To this day i have never loaded out of AZ. I always put it in the wind and go to El Paso, 90% of the time i would get a load out the next day. But El Paso has never disappointed me in all the years I've been in the SW. Think about it, its gonna cost you roughly $100 in fuel to get you there where you'll get loaded vs. spending money sitting.

I'll third it Chris. Get to El Paso.

Sent from my MB860 using EO Forums

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well good morning all, Hope everyone week is good so far.

It was one year ago today that I started at Load 1, Thanks to every one here for all you have done for me. The Front Office and Disp. have always helped when I needed it, and listened when I just had to Vent. It is a great family feel here with O/O and Drivers helping each other. Thanks all and have a Great Day

Also, Thanks John for the Rewards Program. That was a Bouns for a Year

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 3 on the job...should almost have my 40 in by end of today... then OT kicks in for the rest of week, working half day Sat. My legs are killing me! Lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Hey John why not get one of them fancy French toilets that clean with water, that would get rid of the clogs.......no t/p needed......as most drivers never clean their a** this could be a double win, win........called a bidet (i know I can't spell).....i think, you know water shoots up the middle......very clean.
If Load 1 put a bidet in there, we'd never get OVM off the toilet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FWIW, the last time I was in the Phoenix/Tuscon area, I stayed in Eloy for a day and then moved to El Paso, only to turn right around and deadhead to Nogales for a pickup. And the last two times I've delivered to Nogales I've gotten loaded out the next day.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At a sprinter convention in Laredo :(
Looks like its gonna be a dead head to Michigan if I don't get a load heading that way in another day. Just got word that my License plate got sent to my home by mistake so no chance to have it sent to me now. Temp Expires on Friday :(