August locations and banter

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
At a sprinter convention in Laredo :(
Looks like its gonna be a dead head to Michigan if I don't get a load heading that way in another day. Just got word that my License plate got sent to my home by mistake so no chance to have it sent to me now. Temp Expires on Friday :(

Good news is you are the only Load One sprinter!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
At a sprinter convention in Laredo :(
Looks like its gonna be a dead head to Michigan if I don't get a load heading that way in another day. Just got word that my License plate got sent to my home by mistake so no chance to have it sent to me now. Temp Expires on Friday :(
I know you dont want to do this, but if it doesnt look like your going to get loaded in time, go oos, and have someone overnight that tag to you....it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than driving to MI.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know you dont want to do this, but if it doesnt look like your going to get loaded in time, go oos, and have someone overnight that tag to you....it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than driving to MI.

Thanks, It will depend on how it will be delivered. If left on porch that may work (I didn't think of that) but if by USPS will be in a locked box that only I have access.
Trying to get the answer now, worth a shot :)

Update---Was sent by Regular mail so will be locked up. Oh well, was worth a try.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Thanks, It will depend on how it will be delivered. If left on porch that may work (I didn't think of that) but if by USPS will be in a locked box that only I have access.
Trying to get the answer now, worth a shot :)
Good deal...always worth a shot. I even mailed my po box key home once so somebody could get into my mailbox and overnight something to me...forgot what it was though...lol.

One other thought...may be a little "out in left field" but ya never know. I wonder if the state could do something? It would be worth a call. If you explain your situation...be prepared to beg...lol. maybe they could fax something that would get you home?

One thing to keep in mind, the registration is likely accessable by the police to confirm that you actually do have the permanent tags at home. A little begging and explaining might get you home even with the temp tags. A ticket may be cheaper then the fuel even. Just some things to consider. Of course Angie may put me oos for even suggesting that...lol

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Just got the call from the shop, new cam sensor arrived, installed, van fired right up. Back in service in the morn :)

I believe that's enough repairs now.. I've used up my quota! Hopefully nothing else for several months.

Side note.. Kudos to Rockauto.com for over-nighting my sensor! Promised by 5pm.. was there by 12pm!

Dale

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Im with ya! From now til the end of the year...there shall be no more break downs! Freight shall be plentiful and pay well. There shall be no more than 24 hrs layover between loads and somebody should supply me with a hot fudge sundae while waiting! LoadOne drivers unite!

Gotta go now....need to find a Dairy Queen :D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Im with ya! From now til the end of the year...there shall be no more break downs! Freight shall be plentiful and pay well. There shall be no more than 24 hrs layover between loads and somebody should supply me with a hot fudge sundae while waiting! LoadOne drivers unite!

Gotta go now....need to find a Dairy Queen :D

got a box of ice cream bars in the freezer to cool down Ken when he gets home...then I'll feed him lasagna..;)

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Got a load picks up tonight heading to Kansas city. Really need to get home to clean the van out and get ready to swap vans. Hopefully soon!

guido4475

Not a Member
Shower is fixed. Unrelated to toilet just clogged with soap and stuff.

New toilet with super power flusher is on order!

We have the toilets called a "Toto" at home.guaranteed to flush 18 golf balls at once, no kidding..Nothing stops these toilets up...lol..

A super power flusher would most likely be a necessity in a place used by truck drivers, as we all know we all are "full" of it...lol..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have the toilets called a "Toto" at home.guaranteed to flush 18 golf balls at once, no kidding..Nothing stops these toilets up...lol..

A super power flusher would most likely be a necessity in a place used by truck drivers, as we all know we all are "full" of it...lol..

If your flushing golf balls you need to change your diet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If your flushing golf balls you need to change your diet.

Sigh..one more poster added to the list "do not read while drinking Diet Pepsi"...it burns.

LOL

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
At the yard, they're moving them out pretty good....All ready to go...I noticed the lights on the outside of the main building are not on...pretty dark here...lol...But, the carpet looks real nice and clean inside!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
At the yard, they're moving them out pretty good....All ready to go...I noticed the lights on the outside of the main building are not on...pretty dark here...lol...But, the carpet looks real nice and clean inside!

They are all on light sensors, but I will get them checked out.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Dispatch offered a good weekend run. Down fall heading to Oregon so had to decline, made that mistake years ago never again

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Back in service finally and headed to Tulsa, OK area. Hopefully that's good to get out of for us? Never been there with L1.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd stay in Tulsa but the next few days are going to be a guessing game anywhere.