August 2010 locations

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm with Highway on this one. MB has the parts - no excuse for 9 weeks. If I was the driver, I would have been out of there after 4.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't you have a "Where in the world is OVM Map"?

he went the long way this time, 1777 or 1800 miles. Yep, that's far enough. This, according to my WITWIOVM Map.... get yours for 1.99 today.

I live near Los Angeles California. It takes me 2-3 days to get home and around 400 dollars in fuel. OVM's got nothing on me. I have been figiting to urge to go home for weeks now. In two more weeks i'll have been out here on the road for 9 weeks straight "in service 95 percent of that time."

I'm trying to push myself to stay out here until right before thanksgiving, but i'm already beginning to have a mutiny with myself aboard my own truck. Also, every time i look out my passenger side window I can see a man standing on my mirror, so I try not to look to my right when I am on an all night run!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I live near Los Angeles California. It takes me 2-3 days to get home and around 400 dollars in fuel. OVM's got nothing on me. I have been figiting to urge to go home for weeks now. In two more weeks i'll have been out here on the road for 9 weeks straight "in service 95 percent of that time."

I'm trying to push myself to stay out here until right before thanksgiving, but i'm already beginning to have a mutiny with myself aboard my own truck. Also, every time i look out my passenger side window I can see a man standing on my mirror, so I try not to look to my right when I am on an all night run!!

I feel your pain...but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else....I just accept my drive as part of the job....
Keep in mind these local guys will drive 2-300 miles home every week or 2....so it kinda evens out...kinda...:rolleyes:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yup, you are right. If I could drop 60-100 bucks a week to drive home, i'd be home every weekend. But I figure if you soend 2 months on the road at a time and then go home for two weeks it all averages itself out. I also prefer my location in California because if I decide to take time off in the winter time when the midwest is all iced up and miserable, i can head west for a more suitable 70 degree climate. I have my summers when the midwest drivers have to endure their winters.

I never got my free pot roast when I was up in Waterford SD. One of these days you and Juju are going to wake up and my van is going to be idling in one of your corn fields and I will have a sign on the window saying "will cut the grass for pot roast!" lol.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yup, you are right. If I could drop 60-100 bucks a week to drive home, i'd be home every weekend. But I figure if you soend 2 months on the road at a time and then go home for two weeks it all averages itself out. I also prefer my location in California because if I decide to take time off in the winter time when the midwest is all iced up and miserable, i can head west for a more suitable 70 degree climate. I have my summers when the midwest drivers have to endure their winters.

I never got my free pot roast when I was up in Waterford SD. One of these days you and Juju are going to wake up and my van is going to be idling in one of your corn fields and I will have a sign on the window saying "will cut the grass for pot roast!" lol.

Any time you are passing thru...you are welcome. no problems...:)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
:confused: Wouldn't a wheres OVM map be similiar to a WHERES WALDO MAP ? Accept look 4 fancy shorts instead of funky HAT and RED and WHITE SHIRT ? ?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Speak of OVM's shorts, I'm visiting my family in Brooklyn, and my Cousin(27 years old) comes over and he's wearing shorts, just like OVM's
Maybe those shorts are the new style.....:rolleyes::eek:
Maybe OVM is on the cutting edge of style.....NAHHHHHHHH;)

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Hey, OVM... on Tuesday, I delivered near Aberdeen,SD. I rarely get up to the Dakotas. Very pretty area. Currently near McAllen,TX.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yup. I'm sittin at the old house still. and was watching some preseason football earlier. Browns vs. Packers was contemplating switching to the steelers/lions game to see how that rookie sue did. or however you spelled his name.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm with Highway on this one. MB has the parts - no excuse for 9 weeks. If I was the driver, I would have been out of there after 4.

Without all facts it is called and assumption and you know what they say about that.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cleveland as aways stinking Cleveland Ohio. but at least I get to sleep in a real bed every night!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey, OVM... on Tuesday, I delivered near Aberdeen,SD. I rarely get up to the Dakotas. Very pretty area. Currently near McAllen,TX.

But Aberdeen is on the "other" side ...*LOL*

Go west on US 12 to Mobridge cross the Missouri R...then you are in the best there is...:D

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Without all facts it is called and assumption and you know what they say about that.

Based on the facts that we have been given, it's not an assumption to say that it wouldn't have taken as long if parts were in this country instead of on the other side of the world. The dealers screw up wouldn't have been nearly the issue it was if parts could be had in a matter of days, not weeks.

Some time passes between a design being finalized and production beginning. This time should be used to produce and warehouse parts here.

You know, as I recall this isn't the first time parts have been an issue for the Sprinter. When they first came here I remember people going in for the first oil change and being told oil filters weren't available.

Staying with the thread topic, I'm picking up in Laredo this afternoon to go to Shreveport.

Last edited: