August 2010 locations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Based on the facts that we have been given, it's not an assumption to say that it wouldn't have taken as long if parts were in this country instead of on the other side of the world. The dealers screw up wouldn't have been nearly the issue it was if parts could be had in a matter of days, not weeks.

Some time passes between a design being finalized and production beginning. This time should be used to produce and warehouse parts here.

You know, as I recall this isn't the first time parts have been an issue for the Sprinter. When they first came here I remember people going in for the first oil change and being told oil filters weren't available.

Staying with the thread topic, I'm picking up in Laredo this afternoon to go to Shreveport.

and I had a 98 Dodge made right in Windsor...do you think I could get a replacement exhaust within a year of model? Sorry not in stock yet...dealer had to special order...took a week....from Windsor to Hamilton?

Sprinters aren't the only maker that has had a bad supply line...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took a small one to Benton Harbor last night. In Buchanan for today, got one picking up @ 0700 in the morning.

Oh, Ken I left a message for ya on the computer. Open MS Word and go to open file, can't miss it.... :eek:

PS: Two Tri-State S/T came in today....there goes our .5 and .10!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Took a small one to Benton Harbor last night. In Buchanan for today, got one picking up @ 0700 in the morning.

Oh, Ken I left a message for ya on the computer. Open MS Word and go to open file, can't miss it.... :eek:

PS: Two Tri-State S/T came in today....there goes our .5 and .10!

I'll never remember..besides doesn't that computer wipe itself clean all the time?

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll never remember..besides doesn't that computer wipe itself clean all the time?

Nope, it'll be there. IE wipes out everytime not saved files.

Well this morning before I left, I checked it. It was gone. It said in very large print

LOAD-1, AWAITS OVM !

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Protect time in Detroit is 0700...I am 2 hours from there now...but I am also 1 hour from home...Ill sleep at home , leave at 0530 and head for Detroit in the morning....

guido4475

Not a Member
Unloaded in Laredo On Sunday, hopefully I'll get out of here soon, but I am being surrounded by Bolts and others..not good.Been an awesome 2 weeks so far, hoping for another one this week.Got alot to do.Hotter than poop here, but the A/C is keeping up well, impressing me so far.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I feel your pain Guido...There were 6 Bolt van in Laredo and I was #4 on saturday when I dh'd out of there....

Empty in Detroit, out of service and goin back home to sleep for a few hours then start on the "honey do " list....

myvan010

Seasoned Expediter
Well last week I ran from el paso to kansas,then bucyrus,oh to maryland, then Maryland to wisconsin then chicago to springfield,Oh Now I am at home taking a break and doing some things I have been putting off and I have a appointment to have routine maintance I.E timing gears,water pump,alternator hoses and belts. Figure do it now while I have the time off rather than when I am under load in the middle of winter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel your pain Guido...There were 6 Bolt van in Laredo and I was #4 on saturday when I dh'd out of there....

Empty in Detroit, out of service and goin back home to sleep for a few hours then start on the "honey do " list....

honey do list is getting shorter...:D but still going to take ALL this week off...Farmers Almanac is calling for snow 1st week of September...:rolleyes: Have to winterize a bit...get up snow fencing...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well last week I ran from el paso to kansas,then bucyrus,oh to maryland, then Maryland to wisconsin then chicago to springfield,Oh Now I am at home taking a break and doing some things I have been putting off and I have a appointment to have routine maintance I.E timing gears,water pump,alternator hoses and belts. Figure do it now while I have the time off rather than when I am under load in the middle of winter.

Don't forget to replace that .99 cent front oil seal while you are in there....a lot forget about that...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Bolt just graduated another class of newbies last week, so they sent them to Laredo I guess.:D

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Truth in leasing regulations state they have 45 days to pay you youre escrow money.
Yeah, I know. But they sure can take the money out from you right away. LOL It wld be nice this way I have some money to run on, but I already know about the 45 day thing. Mine wont release til the Sept13

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got out of the shop Friday afternoon about 4. Decided to call it a lost week and came home for the weekend. Back in service last night and waiting for that phone call.