April Showers , Locations & More

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
That may be true now but wait until we 30 or 40% unemployment and nobody can afford extras. Let’s see if you can say the same thing then.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

This I believe is the age old argument of economics, imo.

Is it too much government influence, or not enough government influence?

I believe the former, over-regulation creates monopolies. Monopolies kill jobs.

guido4475

Not a Member
Maybe instead of trying to rebuttal Everyones comments , You should invest that Time in planning Your Future after Expediting...

...$$$$

You have absolutely no idea what I did with the money that came from the sale of my potato chip distributorship. Im just not an arrogant person who brags about everything like you.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have absolutely no idea what I did with the money that came from the sale of my potato chip distributorship. Im just not an arrogant person who brags about everything like you.
Nor do I care ..
And your Opinion of Me or My Posts on EO means even less .
If you don't want to read my posts then don't. I nor anyone else is forcing you . There is a block option on EO that you can also use . But You won't , Why because then Your Nose wouldn't be in my Business..

...$$$$

Reactions: RoadTime

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't rush it.... It's not all it's it's cracked up to be.
I understand Rags , but watching my Mother pass before my Eyes and Not being able to see her every day while her and dad were in the Nursing Home put an Earlier Exit time on this Business for me . At age 62 that's it for me , to think of working till 66 and 8 months Out Here on The Road for $400. more in Social Security a month is Stupendous. Of course That's My Opinion , to each his own . My Father is still alive and I made a Promise to my Mother to see that he was given the best care possible. Also yes I have my little Buddy Ethan that I want to see grow up . Every week , every month, every year .
Between my Hobbies , Hunting , Trapping and Fishing. I also have a Honey Do list 2 miles long ..

...$$$$

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I understand Rags , but watching my Mother pass before my Eyes and Not being able to see her every day while her and dad were in the Nursing Home put an Earlier Exit time on this Business for me . At age 62 that's it for me , to think of working till 66 and 8 months Out Here on The Road for $400. more in Social Security a month is Stupendous. Of course That's My Opinion , to each his own . My Father is still alive and I made a Promise to my Mother to see that he was given the best care possible. Also yes I have my little Buddy Ethan that I want to see grow up . Every week , every month, every year .
Between my Hobbies , Hunting , Trapping and Fishing. I also have a Honey Do list 2 miles long ..

...$$$$
Believe me when i say, i understand.

Reactions: Solar and ntimevan

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Whew! If what you say is true, how did Walmart get so big selling less expensive foreign goods.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Simple. American greed and understanding of what could be the results of their actions.
In other words, if I can save a nickel on something, screw everyone else. I’m sure you would feel different if your living were in danger because of it.
I forgot to mention, Walmart is quietly closing stores across the country.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
This I believe is the age old argument of economics, imo.

Is it too much government influence, or not enough government influence?

I believe the former, over-regulation creates monopolies. Monopolies kill jobs.

Do you remember the Sherman Anti-Trust laws? It’s intent was to prevent monopolies. The last time it was used (I think) was President Carter breaking up Ma Bell. So much for over regulation causing monopolies. Just the opposite. Before S.A.T. ended, you could open a mom and pop hardware store or pharmacy or whatever and had a great chance of success. Try it today.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Well , I got 14 months till Retirement. And outside of my Family Circle I really don't give a ( " " ) what goes on in the world . I don't play the Race , Religion or Politics game . Its makes Life alot less Stressful , soon all I will have to Stress about is which Bait to use on my fishing line..

...$$$$

Nice self-centered attitude. As long as I am doing well, the hell with everyone else. Remember, you needed the rest of us to succeed. Without us, you would have gone nowhere. Just think, when nobody can afford to have a Big Mack or buy something that has to be shipped, what is going to happen to your precious stocks. That will be “the long term results of short term thinking”.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice self-centered attitude. As long as I am doing well, the hell with everyone else. Remember, you needed the rest of us to succeed. Without us, you would have gone nowhere. Just think, when nobody can afford to have a Big Mack or buy something that has to be shipped, what is going to happen to your precious stocks. That will be “the long term results of short term thinking”.

Why Thank You ..
Happy Easter to You and All EO members ...FB_IMG_1555734156522.jpeg

...$$$$

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That may be true now but wait until we 30 or 40% unemployment and nobody can afford extras. Let’s see if you can say the same thing then.
Is there a timeline for the 30%-40% unemployment rate? I guess it could start in 2021 if the Democrats regain the Senate and the White House. Many Americans will be out of work but at least they can attend college for free.

Reactions: ntimevan

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Link faile, try again.