April locations and more

rymilburn

Active Expediter
San Antonio here. One offer since Monday morning. Heard Dallas is sucking too. For a state that's supposedly in a boom, there aren't too many runs.

All I know is a zero week isn't going to sit well.

We deadheaded ourselves from Phoenix to Dallas. Got one offer to go down to Houston, took it. Now been sitting here.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Folks, you must remember that this is the beginning of the 2nd quarter. This maybe the reason it's a bit slow for some of you.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Folks, you must remember that this is the beginning of the 2nd quarter. This maybe the reason it's a bit slow for some of you.

Plus it is the last quarter in the fiscal year for many companies, budgets are a bit tighter, and it is also tax season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Houston. It sucks

I hate to give away any secrets but I know some people will move to Laredo if they sit in Houston or Dallas very long. They know freight is coming across the border and they end up being number one for a long run. It upsets some people that have been waiting there so I wouldn't advertise it if I did it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

rymilburn

Active Expediter
I hate to give away any secrets but I know some people will move to Laredo if they sit in Houston or Dallas very long. They know freight is coming across the border and they end up being number one for a long run. It upsets some people that have been waiting there so I wouldn't advertise it if I did it.

Is the same for El Paso?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Is the same for El Paso?

Not sure about El Paso. I thought most moved from El Paso to Nogales or Eagle Pass if they didn't have luck there. Hopefully someone with more experience in that area will answer for you.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Only one time to El Paso.
One load out of El Paso.
But I was heavier than I should have rolled. Portage, MI is a long ride at 62 mph and wondering if an axle is gonna run out on you.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would never move from El Paso to nogalis for most its the reverse. El Paso does seem to be slow this year.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coffeyville Kansas...detention pay all Night for a paperwork error! Deliver at 7am ! Nice thunderstorms though!

Sent from my flying circus ....

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Had a offer monday wasn't worth leaving to go sit somewhere else so ill enjoy hometime till something better comes

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At the Lincoln theatre in Raleigh, N.C. Just got woken up by subwoofers inside the venue rockin my world in the truck, Oh well 1 hour till load out then on to Athens, GA. running with the bus brings back old memories kinda brings a tear to my eye.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Dropped in Detroit now crashing at the TA in good ole Monroe! Shouldn't be here long I hope.