April Banter and Location

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ken's vacation is offically over for now..he just left for Rapid for an early morning appointment with the dealer so I can quit cooking now and get that dang garden planted. House sure is quiet when he leaves though......

And in turn....ours is not :)

guido4475

Not a Member
I was going to go to Elkhart, Ind in the morning and get my rooftop A/C unit, but seeing as how I am #4 at the yard, a load is real close to reality this weekend..

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
About how much is a roof top installed go for night consider one for the sprinter maybe a low profile one once i buy the van

guido4475

Not a Member
About how much is a roof top installed go for night consider one for the sprinter maybe a low profile one once i buy the van

Low profile a/c units are quite a bit more than the standard ones are.A 15,000 btu complete unit at the rv surplus outlet is $550.00, a real good price, uninstalled.This is what I am going with, would rather have too much than not enough, it shouldn't work as hard in the extreme heat.There are smaller btu units there as well, 13,500 being the common one.

guido4475

Not a Member
Anybody else having a problem this week with their pay not going into their account? As of now, mine is not in there.I heard there were computer problems the other day.Just wondering.This is throwing a wrench in my plans this weekend.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Anybody else having a problem this week with their pay not going into their account? As of now, mine is not in there.I heard there were computer problems the other day.Just wondering.This is throwing a wrench in my plans this weekend.

Guido I did not have any issues but I did hear of 1 other person that did. They were sent an e-mail regarding the issue with the direct deposit this week. Apparently it was issue that only effected a small number of people. Sorry to hear you were one of them.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
morning jayson, youre up early. ya, we had no problems with deposit either. one things for sure, it will be taken care of. payroll is pretty darn good.

glad you have finally got a handle on things jayson. having to fix things other people tear up really is tough.

got to do a few things while here at the house, just little things though. fill water tank, vacuum and dust, put clean sheets on the bed and do a load of laundry. was raining when i got up but is clearing now. hopefully it will hold off till im done

guess we are gonna have a little company this evening. our very own wombat is gonna stop by and have supper with us. see, we really do mean you all are welcome anytime you get close whether we are here or not. me casa es su casa.

well gonna get around. check up on all you later. everyone have a good day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Morning from Rapid City...dealer time....tranny and rear end service this morning and a general check up.......

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Realizing getting out of debt and getting my life in order, and getting rid of baggage along with weight loss being a top priority would be my guess...

I wasn't referring to any of the above...some of the remarks you make are less than endearing..sweeten thy tongue lil grasshopper...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dear Doctor Technician...please listen to the heart throb of my sprinter...I thought I heard a burp...*lol*..

morning sunshine!
:D

Not listening to your sprinter is kinda like not listening to your wife....could be expensive mistake.....LOL...:p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Chris the install is easy, just take the roof vent that is already there out, it installs in the same hole, then install the vent in the back to get the hot air out, makes the AC units work alot easier. !5,000 btu; will freeze you out and you have that big generator so it shouldn't be an issue, but for 2000 watt generators, starting that 15,000 unit could be an issue, my 12,000 does ok, but as much as a 13500 would be nice, id worry about that too....just sayin..check it out 1st to be sure, but the price is good!!!

I went OOS for the weekend, guido you bein #4, lol, maybe i should have stayed in service and gone to the game and taken the chance!! Oh well, i'll be back in service late tonight....

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Just wondering if a small roof top or a portable one would be better I'm thinking portable but what do i know. Just trying to come up with a good way to block off the cab once the wall comes out wish they had the big thick insulated bulk heads like refer trailers do to block off certain parts that would be nice. Also gonna add a second battery this single one isn't cutting it running what i got going lol see the truck section for my thread talking about it

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Just wondering if a small roof top or a portable one would be better I'm thinking portable but what do i know. Just trying to come up with a good way to block off the cab once the wall comes out wish they had the big thick insulated bulk heads like refer trailers do to block off certain parts that would be nice. Also gonna add a second battery this single one isn't cutting it running what i got going lol see the truck section for my thread talking about it

You can make a temp wall that goes up and down in just seconds with that 1 or 1.5 inch styrofoam insulation sold in sheets at home depot or lowes. That's what I did in the cube van and it worked great.

guido4475

Not a Member
I wasn't referring to any of the above...some of the remarks you make are less than endearing..sweeten thy tongue lil grasshopper...:)

No, you weren't.I was justifying why I choose to be single right now, my reply was generated by you're remark.As far as my remarks are concerned, "endure" them.It was meant out of good humor.And since I do not have to answer to you, I will continue to say what I feel in good humor.Do not be so easily offended.

guido4475

Not a Member
You can make a temp wall that goes up and down in just seconds with that 1 or 1.5 inch styrofoam insulation sold in sheets at home depot or lowes. That's what I did in the cube van and it worked great.

Yes, that does work great, Shadow, as well as the type of wall that Chef has made.The problem with roll arounds is that the exhaust hose gets hot, inside the vehicle, adding to the heat that the unit is trying to cool.They do make smaller btu rooftops as well.Todd has talked to Tom Raper RV in Ohio about installing one for his Sprinter.I don't know the price.