Another one bites the dust....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Uh OK Hawk

Limbaugh on Drugs
People like Limbaugh should go to jail, says Limbaugh

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

These tough sentencing laws were instituted for a reason. The American people, including liberals, demanded them. Don't you remember the crack cocaine epidemic? Crack babies and out-of-control murder rates? Liberal judges giving the bad guys slaps on the wrist? Finally we got tough, and the crime rate has been falling ever since, so what's wrong?

--RushLimbaugh.com (8/18/03)

In the audio link below, I go into detail about these non-thinking talking points that "you can't tell people what to do with their bodies" and "you can't legislate morality." First of all, we tell people what they can do to their bodies all the time--no cocaine, no prostitution, no throwing yourself off a building. Second, laws are nothing but defining morality!

--RushLimbaugh.com (6/27/03)

All right. Joe Fernandez came to New York from Miami, ladies and gentlemen, to be schools chancellor.... Now he is embattled--he's got a book that just came out, an autobiography that's soon to come out, I think, in which he admits that he was a mainliner as a teen-ager. This guy [pretends to stick needle in arm]--pfsst--shot up heroin. And people are praising him. He overcame the scourge. He triumphed over that profound obstacle in his life and has gone on to become this great schools chancellor.... [Plays a clip of Fernandez saying that the message of his teenage drug use is "to not give up on our kids."]

Reach out and try to help them, not give up on the kids, give them condoms and teach them about a bunch of stuff that is worthless in terms of preparing them for their future as adults in the greatest country on Earth, teaching them all this social gobbledygook. "Let's not forget about the kids."...

Whoa. The guy wants to be education secretary, folks. Watch out. Now why does he want to go to Washington? Probably because he's studied the case of Marion Barry. Here's a guy who got involved in drugs. You want to see my Marion Barry impersonation? Do you want to see that? All right. I'll do the Marion Barry impersonation.

You put some stuff out here on the table and you go [pretends to snort cocaine]. "You tell Jesse to stay out of my town. This is my town, and Jesse--you tell him to stay out. [More snorting.] And I said no, no, no, no, I don't smoke it no more. Tired of ending up on the floor." [More snorting.]

So what is he? He gets involved in drugs and ends up, ladies and gentlemen, as a newly elected official in Washington, D.C.... So I'm sure Joe Fernandez is looking down there saying, "Hey, there's a future for, you know, drug users in Washington, D.C."

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (12/8/92)

When you strip it all away, Jerry Garcia destroyed his life on drugs. And yet he's being honored, like some godlike figure. Our priorities are out of whack, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh radio show (quoted in the L.A. Times, 8/20/95)

I want to let you read along with me a quote from Jerry Colangelo about substance abuse, and I think you'll find that he's very much right…"I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of it. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you are making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."...

What he's saying is that if there's a line of cocaine here, I have to make the choice to go down and sniff it….And his point is that we are rationalizing all this irresponsibility and all the choices people are making and we're blaming not them, but society for it. All these Hollywood celebrities say the reason they're weird and bizarre is because they were abused by their parents. So we're going to pay for that kind of rehab, too, and we shouldn't. It's not our responsibility. It's up to the people who are doing it. And Colangelo is right.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (9/23/93)

I have a solution for Mrs. [Jocelyn] Elders. I mean, if she wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich and let's be rid of them. Now...The problem with legalizing drugs is, it's just another abhorrent example of human behavior that we've suddenly decided, "Hey, we can't handle it. We've given up and we're going to sanction the destruction of lives. We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy, and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs--we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."...

I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say, "Hey, you know, we can't control it anymore. People are going to do drugs anyway. Let's legalize it." It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea, and those who are for it are purely, 100 percent selfish.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (12/9/93)

Ok... as I said: "Hard to remember something that never happened. Rush would hardly talk about addicts, when he was one himself." Notice the dates on those transcripts?

The quotes from 03 aren't bashing addicts, per se; but are just plain fact: Do you remember the crack baby epidemic? Don't we tell ppl what to do (or not to do) with their bodies?

We could go into Obama's use of cocaine and dope, but I'll save it for a better time.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I remember Rush yellling about locking up Drug users and throwing away the key, then it turns out, that he is/was a pill popping Doc shopping addict.

Ok first of all I am so sick and tired of comparing someone that does illegal drugs to someone that gets hooked to prescribed drugs. The person that takes illegal drugs went into it for the high and was breaking the law from the first hit. People that get hooked on prescribed drugs didn’t intend to get hooked they mostly start out just trying to get rid of the pain that they are in. So if Rush is no different than a street junkie then so isn’t Mike Dukakis wife so isn’t my son who was in a motorcycle accident where he broke #2#3#4 vertebra. To doug I guess my son was just a junkie. My son was lucky his Dr saw what he didn’t until he got off of the pain meds. He was on oxy the very same drug that got Rush. In this country many people become addicted to RX drugs through no fault of their own most people don’t realize it until it is too late. And people that don’t see the difference are just morons. Once hooked people will do things that are not in their nature their minds crave the drug and it takes them over. I hope that none of you ever have to live through something like that.

DougTravels

Not a Member
Ok... as I said: "Hard to remember something that never happened. Rush would hardly talk about addicts, when he was one himself." Notice the dates on those transcripts?

The quotes from 03 aren't bashing addicts, per se; but are just plain fact: Do you remember the crack baby epidemic? Don't we tell ppl what to do (or not to do) with their bodies?

We could go into Obama's use of cocaine and dope, but I'll save it for a better time.

What does the dates have to do with anything, he supported heavy sentences for drug users then when he is found to be an opiate addict, he wants mercy/probation.

BTW do you know the difference between a pill form opiate addict and a heroin addict?

Not much

DougTravels

Not a Member
Rush Limbaugh basically a Heroin or Ex-Heroin addict

The Similarities of Heroin and Pain Killer Addiction
Posted: Jun 10th, 2008
Drug Rehab Program, Drug Rehab Center, Alcohol Rehab, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Center

Powered by iMedix Search for health information:

In 2006, a National Survey revealed that almost half of the American public knows a friend or family member who has a pain killer addiction. What is worse about this news is that most citizens are not aware that pain killer abuse is just as bad as heroin addiction. <br />
<br />
This ignorance of the public is quite alarming and underlines the danger posed by the rising incidence of pain killer addiction. In order to shed light on the similarities of heroin addiction and pain killer addiction, here are some facts about them. <br />
<br />
Heroin is actually an opioid compound obtained from morphine and as you may know, morphine is derived from the opium poppy plant. This opioid compound acts the same way as endorphins, a natural hormone manufactured by the body, which creates a feeling of happiness and well-being. <br />
<br />
In the United States, the manufacture, possession and sale of heroin is considered to be illegal. In the UK, however, heroin is prescribed legally under the generic name of diamorphine. <br />
<br />
The similarity of heroin addiction to pain killer addiction lies basically on the opiates contained in these substances. Because opiates are considered to be addictive substances, the misuse and abuse of pain killers very often leads to addiction. <br />
<br />
The only thing worse about opiate addiction is that most people do not realize their substance abuse problem until it is too late. Basically, individuals who succumb to opiate addiction give many different reasons. <br />
<br />
Recreational use is just one of the reasons. As mentioned earlier, the opiates contained in both heroin and pain killers can create an intense feeling of euphoria. Unfortunately, this feeling diminishes as the level of tolerance increases. <br />
<br />
People who take opiates usually develop their addiction quickly. Withdrawal symptoms may develop from heroin use after three days while withdrawal symptoms from pain killers can be more intense, but take a little longer to start. <br />
<br />
Another reasons is as a pain reliever. As a pain reliever, both heroin and pain killers can be effective. Of course, you can expect heroin to have higher amounts of morphine. <br />
<br />
Some opiates do not even create a feeling of euphoria but only act as analgesics. The start of opiate addiction may even be psychological. <br />
<br />
Individuals thought that by taking their pain killers they can have a better day or become less stressed. Such careless use of these the drug may come with a high price. <br />
<br />
It is quite saddening that people do not realize how similar heroin and pills containing opium are. Both substances will lead you to dependence, tolerance and withdrawal stages. <br />
<br />
Withdrawal symptoms for these two addictions may appear at different time intervals but they are basically the same. They both include vomiting, shaking, stomach pain, depression, suicidal thoughts, horrible cramps, aching bones, restlessness, the inability to sleep for days and sometimes weeks, runny nose, loss of appetite and sweating to name the worst of the symptoms. <br />
<br />
The American public should be aware of the dangers of the opiate class of drugs from the start. What most people don't know is that a pain killer addiction can and will often lead to a heroin addiction. <br />
<br />
Pretty much anyone that you ask that uses heroin will tell you that they NEVER thought that they would even look at heroin, let alone use it. Of course people who don't use heroin say the same thing, they will never in a million years touch the stuff. <br />
<br />
But the disease of addiction can hit you out of no where. It can be as simple as hurting your back. You would then get prescribed a pain killer by your doctor. <br />
<br />
Before you know it you are addicted to them, and you have no idea how hard the addiction is to kick. When your doctor stops prescribing you the pills and you feel the effects of withdrawal, which is hell, anything is a possibility. Most people will start buying pain killers illegally. <br />
<br />
They then realize how expensive the pills are, and they realize how much cheaper heroin is. It's easy to say this would never happen to you, but when those withdrawal symptoms hit you, it will be a whole different story.<br />
<br />
So it is very important that you are educated on the dependency of opiates. If you get prescribed pain killers from your doctor, use them as directed, and even then use them with caution. <br />
<br />
If you are on the verge of using pain killers recreationally, be even more careful, because you have no idea what your recreational use can quickly turn into. Well, hopefully after reading this article, now you do realize the dangers. <br />
<br />
I hope you enjoyed this article, and please take all of the information and advice I gave you seriously. I have experience with this powerful drug, and it is nothing to play around with.</p><strong>About the Author:</strong><br /><p>Greg is an avid writer and an open recovering opiate addict. He enjoys sharing his information about pain killer (including percocets) and heroin addiction similarities as he has been through it all before many times. He has devoted the site <a href="http://www.mypainkilleraddictions.com">My Pain Killer Addictions</a> to the dependency of these drugs.</p><p>Article Source: <a href="http://www.articlesbase.com/">ArticlesBase.com</a> - <a href="http://www.articlesbase.com/diseases-and-conditions-articles/the-similarities-of-heroin-and-pain-killer-addiction-443921.html" title="The Similarities of Heroin and Pain Killer Addiction">The Similarities of Heroin and Pain Killer Addiction</a></p> In 2006, a National Survey revealed that almost half of the American public knows a friend or family member who has a pain killer addiction. What is worse about this news is that most citizens are not aware that pain killer abuse is just as bad as heroin addiction.

This ignorance of the public is quite alarming and underlines the danger posed by the rising incidence of pain killer addiction. In order to shed light on the similarities of heroin addiction and pain killer addiction, here are some facts about them.

Heroin is actually an opioid compound obtained from morphine and as you may know, morphine is derived from the opium poppy plant. This opioid compound acts the same way as endorphins, a natural hormone manufactured by the body, which creates a feeling of happiness and well-being.

In the United States, the manufacture, possession and sale of heroin is considered to be illegal. In the UK, however, heroin is prescribed legally under the generic name of diamorphine.

The similarity of heroin addiction to pain killer addiction lies basically on the opiates contained in these substances. Because opiates are considered to be addictive substances, the misuse and abuse of pain killers very often leads to addiction.

The only thing worse about opiate addiction is that most people do not realize their substance abuse problem until it is too late. Basically, individuals who succumb to opiate addiction give many different reasons.

Recreational use is just one of the reasons. As mentioned earlier, the opiates contained in both heroin and pain killers can create an intense feeling of euphoria. Unfortunately, this feeling diminishes as the level of tolerance increases.

People who take opiates usually develop their addiction quickly. Withdrawal symptoms may develop from heroin use after three days while withdrawal symptoms from pain killers can be more intense, but take a little longer to start.

Another reasons is as a pain reliever. As a pain reliever, both heroin and pain killers can be effective. Of course, you can expect heroin to have higher amounts of morphine.

Some opiates do not even create a feeling of euphoria but only act as analgesics. The start of opiate addiction may even be psychological.

Individuals thought that by taking their pain killers they can have a better day or become less stressed. Such careless use of these the drug may come with a high price.

It is quite saddening that people do not realize how similar heroin and pills containing opium are. Both substances will lead you to dependence, tolerance and withdrawal stages.

Withdrawal symptoms for these two addictions may appear at different time intervals but they are basically the same. They both include vomiting, shaking, stomach pain, depression, suicidal thoughts, horrible cramps, aching bones, restlessness, the inability to sleep for days and sometimes weeks, runny nose, loss of appetite and sweating to name the worst of the symptoms.

The American public should be aware of the dangers of the opiate class of drugs from the start. What most people don't know is that a pain killer addiction can and will often lead to a heroin addiction.

Pretty much anyone that you ask that uses heroin will tell you that they NEVER thought that they would even look at heroin, let alone use it. Of course people who don't use heroin say the same thing, they will never in a million years touch the stuff.

But the disease of addiction can hit you out of no where. It can be as simple as hurting your back. You would then get prescribed a pain killer by your doctor.

Before you know it you are addicted to them, and you have no idea how hard the addiction is to kick. When your doctor stops prescribing you the pills and you feel the effects of withdrawal, which is hell, anything is a possibility. Most people will start buying pain killers illegally.

They then realize how expensive the pills are, and they realize how much cheaper heroin is. It's easy to say this would never happen to you, but when those withdrawal symptoms hit you, it will be a whole different story.

So it is very important that you are educated on the dependency of opiates. If you get prescribed pain killers from your doctor, use them as directed, and even then use them with caution.

If you are on the verge of using pain killers recreationally, be even more careful, because you have no idea what your recreational use can quickly turn into. Well, hopefully after reading this article, now you do realize the dangers.

I hope you enjoyed this article, and please take all of the information and advice I gave you seriously. I have experience with this powerful drug, and it is nothing to play around with.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I see you still don’t get it doug to stubborn or stupid to read what i wrote. What Rush was talking about was people taking illegal drugs to get high. What happened to him was the same in the end but it started out by taking a pain med for the reason to rid himself of pain. the effects are the same but 1 guy was using illegal drug just to get high the other guy was using legal drugs to manage pain and it got out on hand it was unintended

DougTravels

Not a Member
I see you still don’t get it doug to stubborn or stupid to read what i wrote. What Rush was talking about was people taking illegal drugs to get high. What happened to him was the same in the end but it started out by taking a pain med for the reason to rid himself of pain. the effects are the same but 1 guy was using illegal drug just to get high the other guy was using legal drugs to manage pain and it got out on hand it was unintended

I missed your earlier post, I agree Scuba for many what you say is true for the most part. There are alot who get hooked due do Drs, over medicating.

You miss 1 group, that makes up a big % though. That is the ones who get a script, like the feeling from day1 and go back to the DR, complaining of pain when they are just chasing a high.

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I had a script of vicodin, they were pretty dam good! The difference is, I did not go back to get more or start Dr. shopping. I knew that it was easy to get hooked on them.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
You still dont get it i wish i could say what i really think but the rules here do not allow it you were lucky you saw it most dont see it coming until it is too late but you are so full of hate for Rush because he isnt a demoncrap that you will twist it to make yourself feel better i feel sorry for you.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I was not too stubborn or stupid either simply missed your post. I do see however that you are a typical name caller with a right wing, Rush Supporting agenda.

Before you go calling people stupid it might be wise to learn a few grammar rules. Like when to use cap's and the difference between to and too. It would make your argument stronger.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All I know is that I stopped listening to Rush after he went on and on about drug users and drug dealers and then got nailed for Doc shopping. Whatever the reason, listening to him after that just left a bad taste in my mouth. So I stopped.

DougTravels

Not a Member
You still dont get it i wish i could say what i really think but the rules here do not allow it you were lucky you saw it most dont see it coming until it is too late but you are so full of hate for Rush because he isnt a demoncrap that you will twist it to make yourself feel better i feel sorry for you.

How again am I lucky? Demoncrap another name how childish.
I do not hate Rush because he is not a democrat, I loathe him because he is a misguided, uneducated know it all that spews hatred to millions daily.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I haven't heard Rush since the clintooon years. doug i am sure i could find misspelling in a post you made somewhere so that was stupid same with missing a cap i don't cap your name because i don't cap peoples names unless there is some kind of respect.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I haven't heard Rush since the clintooon years. doug i am sure i could find misspelling in a post you made somewhere so that was stupid same with missing a cap i don't cap your name because i don't cap peoples names unless there is some kind of respect.

I do not call people stupid then type like a child.

I missed that day in school when caps were a sign of respect LOL.

How about another name calling, it seems about time for one.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought your rates were up this year?

Wow you kept bugging me for a bio and I complied.

I do hope that you do not lose all you own, It is hard to tell with you how serious it is. You seem to post alot of "the sky is falling stuff" I hope this is just another.

Good luck Layout, I hope you get some good paying loads.

Thank you for you concern. My loads are paying fine but the loses I took when the box got ruined are making it difficult to recover. Right now it is very touch and go. I am workin hard to make it. I have sent a letter to Dingell on this, but so far as is the norm, he has NOT even acknowleged the fact that I wrote him. Time will tell.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It may, or may not, apply here, but I saw a church sign that read, "What other people think of you is none of your business."

Mike

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I had a script of vicodin, they were pretty dam good! The difference is, I did not go back to get more or start Dr. shopping. I knew that it was easy to get hooked on them.[/QUOTE]

I am one of those possible future addicts I guess according to the definitions here.

I have been taking 500mg plus 25mg codine vicodin for my severe hip pain for 2 yrs now. I take one pill every 6 hrs plus 800mg Ibpofin to dull the sometimes extreme pain. The differance is I don't like taking these pills and would stop in a heartbeat if there was something else to take. I used to drink alot of beer and that worked or I thought,lol, but the side affects with my meds is worse. So I have been sober for 2 yrs and told that I would not be able to cold turkey quit the booze but proved the naysayers wrong.

I would hope I would not have a problem quitting since they make me sleep alot and see hallucinations alot and I don't see anything cool about wanting to take more to enjoy this stupid experience.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Vicodin doen't contain codiene, it is made up of 5mg hydrocodone & 500mg acetaminophen. If you have been taking it for 2 years, as you say, the literature suggest that you are probably addicted. I think it also comes in a 7.5mg hydrocodone formula. But you can read for yourself on numerous drug websites and make up your own mind.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It would seem the easy way out would be just to whine about all of our elected officials, name call and make blanket statements with no real thought put into them.

Vote them all out, All the scum, trash and vermin, what a shame thats all you do. No real thought just hate.

Doug, sorry if this hurts your feelings but you need to wake up and see what has happened and who is the real idiots. You missed the important lesson of what the intention from our founding fathers on how the country was to be run and why.

Yes vote them out, unless you like your situation here in Michigan. Nothing is ever going to change and hasn't for 30 years because of this dumba** attitude that most south east Michigan residence have - living in the shadows of a union state in ignorant bliss because they are too lazy to think or even learn what is going on around them. If you take a drive right down JohnR and look for yourself you will see the result of 30 years of ignorant bliss, the re-electing of people who have ruined the state.

I don't care either way, if you want to stand with them, great go for it and pray for Monica (she will have a vigil at her house soon) but if you were smart and want something better in life, get with the program and vote them out. If you use the lame excuse "we won't know what we will get" than you are lost because it doesn't matter, it breaks the chain of lifetime politicians.

I do not hate Rush because he is not a democrat, I loathe him because he is a misguided, uneducated know it all that spews hatred to millions daily.

Well Doug, he is a lot smarter than you are, he has a show amd makes millions doing what he enjoys. Just like you complaining about bush in the same tone, calling him stupid and all that, the guy made it to become president, and it make him a lot better than most of us. I don't hear hate from Rush anywhere like I do from the left. I think if you want to actually compare notes, I haven't heard him tell his audence he wants to see Obama Assinated, I have heard Randy Rhodes say that (and of course nothing was done about it) and I have heard Al Franken mention some pretty bad hateful things about some republicans, not to mention a lot of the left brainless followers who seem to repeat a lot of the posting of blogs and forums.

DougTravels

Not a Member
Doug, sorry if this hurts your feelings but you need to wake up and see what has happened and who is the real idiots. You missed the important lesson of what the intention from our founding fathers on how the country was to be run and why.

Yes vote them out, unless you like your situation here in Michigan. Nothing is ever going to change and hasn't for 30 years because of this dumba** attitude that most south east Michigan residence have - living in the shadows of a union state in ignorant bliss because they are too lazy to think or even learn what is going on around them. If you take a drive right down JohnR and look for yourself you will see the result of 30 years of ignorant bliss, the re-electing of people who have ruined the state.

I don't care either way, if you want to stand with them, great go for it and pray for Monica (she will have a vigil at her house soon) but if you were smart and want something better in life, get with the program and vote them out. If you use the lame excuse "we won't know what we will get" than you are lost because it doesn't matter, it breaks the chain of lifetime politicians.

Well Doug, he is a lot smarter than you are, he has a show amd makes millions doing what he enjoys. Just like you complaining about bush in the same tone, calling him stupid and all that, the guy made it to become president, and it make him a lot better than most of us. I don't hear hate from Rush anywhere like I do from the left. I think if you want to actually compare notes, I haven't heard him tell his audence he wants to see Obama Assinated, I have heard Randy Rhodes say that (and of course nothing was done about it) and I have heard Al Franken mention some pretty bad hateful things about some republicans, not to mention a lot of the left brainless followers who seem to repeat a lot of the posting of blogs and forums.

I never called Rush stupid, I called him uneducated. Greg, do you have a problem with reading comprehension, or do you misquote on purpose? Maybe you just do not know the difference between uneducated and stupid, here is and example for you- Limbaugh uneducated not stupid, W. -educated and stupid.

From Wikepedia:

Education
Limbaugh graduated from Cape Central High School, in 1969. His father and mother wanted him to attend college, so he enrolled at Southeast Missouri State University. He dropped out after two semesters and one summer; according to his mother, "he flunked everything", even a modern ballroom dancing class. As she told a reporter in 1992, "He just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."

I do not support Monica Conyers, in fact I hope she does serious time, although She probably will not.

It is a good line for you right wingers now. LOL vote them all out, Scum and Vermin and other name calling.

Most people see through your rhetoric vote tham all out means lets get the GOP back in charge.