a msg from gracie b

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Quote for the day:

'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.'

So - if you give her crap you will get a bucket full of ****.

....and i am supposed to pick her up at the aiport tonite with THAT hanging over my head???

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, if the worry is that maybe hanging over your head then stay in the car. Unless it's a convertible with the top down or has an open moonroof there won't be room for anything over your head so you should be at least some safer.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I bet you're a good husband, Jack - some would have read those lines, and proceeded to give her some groceries, lol. :rolleyes:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
honestly, she was picked up at the airport by a couple from church while i sat on the couch with the vicaden and my left knee in an immobilizer. i walked around the van looking for the dog about 1300 and heard a SNAP from behind my left knee.

here i sit awaiting n mri on the 16th(CRIPES thats long time!!) and another visit to the ortho on the 22nd.

she meantime came home, took out the trash and recycling and went to the drug store for more pills for the wounded warrior. then she got up early the next dy and went to work, came home and took me to the ortho and went back to work and worked late.

did i ever tell you i love her a lot??

more later.

JayBird44

Active Expediter
Are you ladies all owner operators? Is there any woman out there that goes on the road with her husband? I was asking because I see this becoming a trend with older couples who are empty nesters. I know of a couple of drivers whose wives do the paperwork and mail it in. She gets the load info and directions. I thought it was a good idea for couples who can and want to do this.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Are you ladies all owner operators? Is there any woman out there that goes on the road with her husband? I was asking because I see this becoming a trend with older couples who are empty nesters. I know of a couple of drivers whose wives do the paperwork and mail it in. She gets the load info and directions. I thought it was a good idea for couples who can and want to do this.

I go on the road with my boyfriend, he's O/O. While he handles his expediting business overall, I do help with organizing paperwork, notifying his carriers of location and status, programming the GPS and map reading. I help to keep him awake on those long night drives. I keep him company during those days and nights in Laredo, Dallas, Fargo...

Most importantly, I own the iPod!

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
interesting that this has resurfaced. neither of us remember that quote.

later that same day i went looking for the dog outside and blew out my knee:eek:. quite a day.

she is leaving again in july to parent sit. the dog is not longer with us:( so i will be alone.........................and careful.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
interesting that this has resurfaced. neither of us remember that quote.

later that same day i went looking for the dog outside and blew out my knee:eek:. quite a day.

she is leaving again in july to parent sit. the dog is not longer with us:( so i will be alone.........................and careful.

Sorry to hear about your 4 legged friend.

jimmy

GracieB

Seasoned Expediter
interesting to come across this old thread about myself! Here I am nursing Jack again as he fell backwards on our basement stairs, sprained a foot (told at first broken bones but no...) and bruised his tush!
That means I get to do all the up and down stuff at home, go in to both the shipper and the consignee, and ... It does not really matter, Jack takes awesome care of me when I need it, and even when I don't!

Have a happy, healthy day. And remember what we are celebrating today!

GracieB

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
interesting to come across this old thread about myself! Here I am nursing Jack again as he fell backwards on our basement stairs, sprained a foot (told at first broken bones but no...) and bruised his tush!
That means I get to do all the up and down stuff at home, go in to both the shipper and the consignee, and ... It does not really matter, Jack takes awesome care of me when I need it, and even when I don't!

Have a happy, healthy day. And remember what we are celebrating today!

GracieB
Smiling my touche off Mrs GB:D

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Is it bad to resurrect this old thread? This is Gracie and I have inherited Jack's iPad way too soon. Who would have thought... Apparently the backwards fall was a sign of things to come. We are sitting in our living room, looks like Jack's feeding tube is empty so I need to get going.
We are struggling with his lack of a future yet we still find things to laugh about.
And now he rolls, not in a van but in a powered wheelchair

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good to see you on here Gracie! I wish there was something more we could do beyond our prayers for you two. Rest assured you both are remembered daily. Be sure to tell Jack we are thinking of him and let him know how much he is missed.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Gracie, my thoughts and prayers are with you. This season of life has come to soon, but keep a bright heart and a pretty smile on your face for Jack. And do take care of your self.