A little sanity, at long last!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just speaking to the subject of carcinogens here:
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection
That's not speaking to the subject of carcinogens, it's speaking to the subject of lung cancer. And, it only confirms exactly what I said above, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Is it that pot is safe? If it's that pot doesn't cause lung cancer, then it's a redundancy of a point that I've already made.

Again, nothing that refutes or contradicts what I said above.

You implied that all the carcinogens found in tobacco were added by the manufacturers, and that pot contains no carcinogens. I refuted that with irrefutable facts. So again, I'm not sure what point this, or the video you posted, is supposed to make, cuuuuz the video doesn't say anything different than I did, either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no such thing as safe smoke to breathe. All smoke that is taken in has the potential to cause harm. Even "clean" smoke, like that found in wildfires, can be harmful. Breathing smoke from burning plants is not of the the better ideas man has come up with.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just speaking to the subject of carcinogens here:
Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

Edit: Improved lung function? :)
Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage | TIME.com
Just a little anecdotal evidence, for what it's worth. My brother-in-law has smoked pot on a daily basis since he was in college - about 38 yrs worth of THC and other accumulated pollutants. Needless to say, he hasn't been able to hold a job in quite a while in spite of being a well educated and highly trained computer technician. His innards are totally shot, from his esophagus to his small intestine, and he's in the beginning stages of emphysema. Other than pot, he doesn't use tobacco products but does have a few beers now and then. Why my sister hasn't kicked him out of the house is a mystery since he's nothing but a worthless parasite. My point is that pot offers as many damaging side effects when used over time as tobacco and alcohol, but remains illegal due to the stigma it carries - the drug of choice for jazz musicians and college hippies - and can't be served (at least openly) at parties hosted by Washington socialites and business executives. I still think that if it were marketed properly with fancy packaging, attractive spokesmen, etc. it could be and should be legalized, taxed and regulated just like tobacco and alcohol. If people want to screw themselves with these products it comes back to their own personal responsibility. Also, think about the upside for the Obama supporters: stoners like my brother in law could qualify for disability just like alcoholics.:cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Ok, the first public sale went down.

$60 for an eighth of an ounce and a pot laced truffle.

Yeah, thats $60 bucks for 1/8 of an ounce and a truffle.

Tell me home and car break-ins won't be on the rise.

Don't know what street value is, but I guess a guy who's only overhead is his car and a cell-phone will be under-selling The Hash House, and will see his business boom.

I'm not seeing the sanity in all of this.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Don't know what street value is, but I guess a guy who's only overhead is his car and a cell-phone will be under-selling The Hash House, and will see his business boom.

Home and car break-ins won't be on the rise. The people that want to do drugs, any drug are already doing them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And where does the money to pay for his disability come from ?
Of course it comes from your taxes and mine, and the sin taxes collected from sales of legal wacky tabaccy. If this doesn't work out, he can always get a doctor to diagnose him as depressed and collect disability on that basis. There again, an example of our tax dollars working for those who don't.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
$60/eighth (about 2.5 grams) is about the going street rate. Or $20 a gram, or $200 an ounce 28 grams).

Which is why people buy an ounce for $200 and then sell it to their friends to $20 a gram. :D

And the first official buyer of legal pot? An Iraqi war veteran.

I'm assuming the pot-laden truffle is some kind of chocolate confectionery concoction, and not a Black Périgord truffle, which costs per ounce about the same as pot.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

the sanity is its stupid for it to be illegal in the 1st place....BS propaganda many many years ago has given pot a bad rap...when was the last time you ever heard of somebody OD on pot....never...
ever hear of someone getting stoned and beating there wife...ahhh...no..
but you can legally buy alcohol which is far worst all around ...
Always shake my head when people get all bent up over pot...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A few days ago USA Today had a story of a woman that ingested pot, decided her daughters 19 yr old boyfriend was molesting a child, held him against his will, and took a box cutter to his peepee.

A high school friend came home in 1971 and found his father dumping a pound or two of pot in the toilet. A fist fight ensued, his father had the big one and died.

There are victims. How about the 2 years old that are hungry because Mom won't quit smoking ?

When I was 20 I probably thought it should be legal.

Typing in this thread makes me think I'm starting to think like an old man. :eek:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
A few days ago USA Today had a story of a woman that ingested pot, decided her daughters 19 yr old boyfriend was molesting a child, held him against his will, and took a box cutter to his peepee.

A high school friend came home in 1971 and found his father dumping a pound or two of pot in the toilet. A fist fight ensued, his father had the big one and died.

There are victims. How about the 2 years old that are hungry because Mom won't quit smoking ?

Typing in this thread makes me think I'm starting to think like an old man. :eek:

Really???
Think of all the bad alcohol causes ...that's legal..why $$$$$

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, what the hell, since one stupidity is legal let's make all stupidities legal. That's some real sanity there alright.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, what the hell, since one stupidity is legal let's make all stupidities legal. That's some real sanity there alright.
Better be careful, sounding a bit like a big brother liberal there.:eek:

paullud

Veteran Expediter

I would bet that there were some other under lying psychological issues there as well.

The same thing could have happened in a fight over comics or sports cards getting thrown out.

There are victims of any vice and kids of crappy parents will be the most likely to suffer, the cause is the parents not the drug.

Having pot legalized will only change things for the better because we will deal a major blow to drug cartels and street gangs. Pot is available to anyone that wants to try it so the law isn't stopping anyone from using it. The fight to stop marijuana from making it to the streets was lost years ago and the actual use has caused little impact so it is time to try something new.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app