A few Questions about California

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
We have accepted a long run from ALt to near Sacramento it having been a long time since i was on the west coast we had a few questions.

Is potable water easy to find or should we take our own?
If we do need to take our own how hard is it to get out of there so how much should we take?

Besides making sure our tetanus shoots are up to date and passably getting a Gamma globulin shoot do you recommend any other inoculations

Has anybody had any issues at the boarder getting back into the USA?

Oh do they take American money?

If i think of any others i will post them thank you for your time please feel free to talk amongst yourselves

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
WOW!!! How timely!! I just ran from San antonio TX to vista Ca..and i had to incur all of those issues myself....

As for the water, you should be ok as long as you don't drink the water in those large concrete vessels along side the road in the mountains!! :D

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
I'm sitting here trying to think of the last thing Illinoise gave us.....Oh yeah, obama...I "ll keep California lol...A native on tdy to Arizona.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Can someone please explain once and for all , what is it with the agriculture inspection stations , they have ? and why ONLY ON I-8,10,80 ?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
All I know is when I cross into California from Arizona, I have to show my passport, my visa and then get inspected to see if I have any people from south of the border underneath my truck so they can get the proper information for welfare and free college.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The idea is to prevent the import of invasive plants, [loosestrife comes to mind], diseased plants, and infestations. A lot of harm has been done [such as zebra mussels] by bringing flora and fauna to a new place, knowingly or not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The idea is to prevent the import of invasive plants, [loosestrife comes to mind], diseased plants, and infestations. A lot of harm has been done [such as zebra mussels] by bringing flora and fauna to a new place, knowingly or not.

Like the damage caused in the Great Lakes by invasive species carried in on boats and that made it up through the Welland Cannal.:(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That would be zebra mussels. When we used to take our boat on Lake Erie, it was required to have an inspection sticker declaring it 'zebra mussel free' - don't know if that's still the case. I do know a lot of damage is wreaked by folks inadvertently bringing in plants and critters [even microscopic ones] that cause huge problems, like destroying a native species.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That would be zebra mussels. When we used to take our boat on Lake Erie, it was required to have an inspection sticker declaring it 'zebra mussel free' - don't know if that's still the case. I do know a lot of damage is wreaked by folks inadvertently bringing in plants and critters [even microscopic ones] that cause huge problems, like destroying a native species.

The Zebra mussle is one, there are spiniy water fleas, gobies, ruffies, sea lamprays, and several species of plants that are doing major damage. That just scratches the surface. There have been hundreds of invasive speices introduced into the Great Lakes. Like carp.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is funny, the zebra mussel is a menace but also a help to fisherman.

It is? Other than perch eating them I know of no help. Every biologist I know speaks only ill of them. One good thing, they seem to be dying off at a very fast rate. They don't know why. It maybe that they have eaten themselfs out of house and home!!

cruzer

Not a Member
In the south we have similar problems but with two dry land species known as yankees and damb yankees the yankee is not so bad they come and go but the damb yankee never leaves.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the south we have similar problems but with two dry land species known as yankees and damb yankees the yankee is not so bad they come and go but the damb yankee never leaves.:D

OH YEAH!!! Well, it was a Southern College that gave you kudzoo!!! So THERE!!! LOL!! You can't call me a Yankee!! I am not a boat, a sail, from New England and I never played pro ball for that New York team!! So, while I maybe from Michigan I am NOT a Yankee!!! HEHEHEHE:D

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Well I'm a Yankee dammit and proud of it! I was Michigan born and bred and venison fed and I'll be a Yankee till I'm dead! :D But there's just "something" about those southern boys that us yankee girls just can't resist.. so I married one. LOL

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I thought california was setting up toll booths at the borders to collect an entrance fee except if you proved a hotel reservation and a tour (of whatever tourist locale).

Sure would boost the state coffers.
Rob