A&E shipping wars LOL

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
The guy in the van pulling a trailer was really pitiful. He's probably already out of business. Matter of fact was it a business? It also amazes me that no one challenges cargo and liability insurance with such high valued freight.:rolleyes:

Seems to me he called Daddy (in law?) and got the cash to get legal after the DOT shut him down.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Seems to me he called Daddy (in law?) and got the cash to get legal after the DOT shut him down.

Still doesn't answer the insurance question. Most DOT guys never check that issue because most are carrying freight for a major recognized carrier. They don't think of it when they stop joe blow. Seems to me that's where you could shut most of those people down because they are hauling for hire. It's worse now than 40 yrs ago when there was a real DOT. It gets worse every year, the only ones who suffer are the operators that work legally.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Still doesn't answer the insurance question. Most DOT guys never check that issue because most are carrying freight for a major recognized carrier. They don't think of it when they stop joe blow. Seems to me that's where you could shut most of those people down because they are hauling for hire. It's worse now than 40 yrs ago when there was a real DOT. It gets worse every year, the only ones who suffer are the operators that work legally.

I don't keep the shows after I watch them (once is enough) but I think the trooper did ask him for insurance. Now.. Who's to say he had ENOUGH is another story.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I don't keep the shows after I watch them (once is enough) but I think the trooper did ask him for insurance. Now.. Who's to say he had ENOUGH is another story.

Yes he did ask for vehicle insurance, like they are required to do when stopping anyone. Most cops don't even think about liability (commercial). But anyway like you say another story.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Seems like I read somewhere that cargo insurance is no longer required by the DOT. I guess they figured that it was an shipper/carrier issue, not a safety issue.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
lol its additing lol i cant stop watching stupidity is humoris and make the show slightly amuseing lol cool stuff stupid drivers

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried to watch the second episode but even stupid drivers have more brains then those morons. I couldn't watch anymore after he wants a crane operator to use the crane a as a tow truck.

BTW this show is doing more harm then good for trucking.

scottyk

Active Expediter
Its not too bad if you watch it as entertainment only. Two problems I have with the show.

1)The other drivers commenting on what is happening on screen, often with dumb or derogatory comments about the driver who is being shown. This gets real old, real fast. I can't see watching many more episodes without that getting really annoying.

2) The half hour format, or 22 minutes without commercials, is way too short.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
we watched and were not impressed. bunch of idiots working against each other. some of the stuff they do makes us wonder how they manage to stay in business. the lack of information they obtain before going to do these loads is amusing. they put themselves up for alot of uncompensated work. then there is the pure illegality that they are broadcasting on national tv. really gives trucking a bad name.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I doubt that many of their viewers have any idea of the legalities. They just see the entertainment value. I really don't think that the show will appeal to wider audiences for very long, but if Uship is sponsoring the show, it may stay on for a while.

A lot of what happens seems to be reconstructed and glamorized for the show in my opinion. A lot of these shows have that in them. So, Uship will probably portray the show for whatever they feel benefits them the most.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
W?hile most realize that alot of the "general public" is stupid, i think most realize these idiots are not "professionals"....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have a sneaking suspicion that there's at least one EO member on that show. :D

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
we watched and were not impressed. bunch of idiots working against each other. some of the stuff they do makes us wonder how they manage to stay in business. the lack of information they obtain before going to do these loads is amusing. they put themselves up for alot of uncompensated work. then there is the pure illegality that they are broadcasting on national tv. really gives trucking a bad name.

In the 24 years I have been Expediting, I`ve seen some real Idiots who call them selves Expeditors. Like the guy who left the shipper with a 2000# skid just inside the rear door. No securement of any kind. A panic stop caused the skid to go forward, through the sleeper and wound up in the cab next to him.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The car never got wet but the problem is I wouldn't trust him with my parts car let alone a restored car that's worth about $35k