4 people in a straight truck

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
4 adults in a straight truck...... is this new way of team driving???? lol
just wonder'd cuz i came across such a bunch when i heading west thru TN .. on rt 51 i believe.. they were in a panther truck....
i passed them as they were getting onto this main highway road...... and called me on the CB .. we said hello and thought we'd meet and stop for coffee chit chat they were empty .. i had a load that wasnt due for another day .. in Ms ..
sooo we stoped....and parked in a wal mart parking lot.around 7am.ish. they pulled up next to me parking on my passanger side..and i waved to the male driver and the woman in the passanger seat... assuming it was a husband wife team... as im still in the drivers seat. 2 men came around the front of there truck....
i thought it was someone approaching us for ?? about what we do ....
we all know how that happens right???
well... turns out...... they were all out of that truck.....
and they were asking me ?? about how long i been with panther and how many loads i get a week .... if i get paid ok.......
they said they started last Oct... and havnt gotten paid much .....
well i didnt know what to tell them......
but told them i had to go into wal mart real quick and i'll be right bk.
( as i had to check the ATM .. and go to the ladies room... ( but i didnt tell them that)
i came bk out and they were gone.
soooooooooooooo ok..... i was really pondering on all this and the 4 adults in the truck...
they were not owners..... i dont know who the owner is .. but i have seen his trucks around before.... he has a small fleet i know of.
anyways..... i dont know the whole story of why or what..... but just found it a little odd heh

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That is crazy. I hope you don't get a call from Panther asking you the truck number. I know Panther or FedEx does not want more than 2 people in the truck at a time unless its an art load.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
that's a little creepy, you may have just avoided a serious problem, surely panther dosent allow 4 people in straight?

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That is crazy. I hope you don't get a call from Panther asking you the truck number. I know Panther or FedEx does not want more than 2 people in the truck at a time unless its an art load.

haha..... umm i didnt catch the truck number...... but i do know what the truck looks like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is almost as bad as the two families in the Schneider tractor. This was two men, two women, six kids.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You could always "rack" spare drivers in the cargo box. Would work better with a temp control truck and it would kinda suck on loads that have seal!!! Layoutshooter

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm with Miker. This sounded fishy to me. That bathroom break may have saved you a lot of trouble... maybe even your life. Not saying they were bad... but three men and a woman could be a husband/wife driving a couple brothers to another destination; or it could be three men and a woman planning to do a crime.

If something doesn't seem right, follow your gut!

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Were the extra two men named Art?

i have noooooooo idea...... i couldnt understand them to well... over the cb.
the couple looked to be in there 50's they have not been with panther long.
ya know........ i talked to a couple female driver friends about this .. and one suggested i dont tell panther or the owner... or ??
but ya know..... if i was the owner.. id want to know.
but i dont know what the whole reason was for all of them in that truck.
i am sure i can find out who the owner is reallly quick.. by the discription of the truck.....
cuz he has several that all look alike... and i must say they are purty nice trucks.. haha

I have to add..... that as i got bk in my truck and continued towards memphis with a few turns here and there....... about 10 miles or more down the road ........ omg..... i seen there truck parked out side a restarunt.... and i kept going.

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
I had a load from Nashville to Winston Salem about 2 years ago, that included 3 passengers. All of which were young men to unload the crated furniture that I was to haul. This was legit, but I still felt funny with 2 strangers in my sleeper and 1 in my passenger seat. Later found out my insurance was no good for passengers. Their truck had broke down in Nashville and off loaded on to me. But we didn't stop and talk to anyone. When we did stop, we got looks like a car load of clowns unloading would. Ha!

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Lets see it was shorty after the 2 wifes and a husband thread, while i was talking to panther about something else. as i joke I brought that topic up and the rep laghed a bit and said not a bad idea but you would not be driving for Panther so yea i might think about letting panther know.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Just to show you how corporate America treat Dogs better then drivers.

They will allow an Extra 2 dogs in the truck...:)

Moose.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Now you do know that it cost you 3 $ every time you do it ?

(THE ATM !!! ):)

Moose.

haha,,,,,,,, yeah. i try to not to do that as much.......
but wal mart....... when u use there... atm's it runs about $1 to $2.00
sometimes they have a banks atm.... and it cost more.......i agree
i found out....... that........ that stupid gas station /store.... in pa .. called...... WAWA ... lol
the atm's are..... FREE

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes the ATM ... is free...

but then your own bank franchise , in most cases, will charge you another 2$ for the privilege of doing business with that foreign ATM ...

Moose.