2013 Ford Van Photos

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Good pic of an extended one. Looks like it might be a bit shorter than a 170" Sprinter? As long as it has a bit over 12' it'll work for me.
The overhang doesnt look too bad in that picture....the overhang "looks" about the same as a Cargomax or similiar. I'm comparing the wb to that of a cargomax since the 14' load floor is about the same. That is probably not the best comparison. That van is styled more like a Sprinter in the front end with the axle set farther back and possibly less hood. All those things will effect how the 148" wb works out. Does anyone know off hand what the wb is on a 14' sprinter? That would be a better comparison, I think.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I would have liked to see an oil pressure gauge.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Don't forget a towel hook on the mirrors. :cool:

sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Looks pretty user friendly. As with all of them....would like to see a couple more 12 volt outlets.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Scott! I'm disappointed with the "long" wheelbase option of only 148". I was hoping for 155" to 160", preferable 160". As for the inside height, I could live with 72", would prefer 74" to 76" and can't figure out the specs for the high roof. In the main body of the article it states the high roof at 2799mm or 110". Toward the bottom of the article, in the specification breakdown, it list the maximum cargo height of 3068mm or 121". For me personally, anything over 80" tall is excessive and adds to the overall weight and wind resistance. The maximum load width of 69" is about 3 inches less than my Chevy. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing.

Speaking of weight, no mention of GVWR, but I see there will be a DRW option. Hopefully Ford doesn't booger up the weights with a 10,200 for the SRW.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Ford people are very aware of the 10,000 law and stated to me that they will be just below that number with the srw. No worries!

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If they ever get around to doing more than talking it may be just the thing.

They are for later in 2013, Ford is testing them right now. Their also being built in KC not overseas. These vans will be U.S made.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, they said 2013 but why in the world they didn't get busy and get it hear a year or two ago is anyone's guess. They are SLOW.

Because they had to retool the KC plant to make the vehicle, unlike Mercedes who have brought us a vehicle the've were building in Europe.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the above ride comes true, how many of you are going to buy one? I will venture to guess,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe 5.

Well, then I'll be 6, I'll be looking for a new van by years end anyway. Will have to save this year so I can just give them cash. I just don't a payment, because I want to take time off when I want.