2013 Ford Van Photos

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No expediter is going to buy it. That isn't the point. The point was comparing apples, base starting points. I hope a competent gas model expediter will be in the first half of the $30k's and certainly well below $40k. They very well may disappoint us though.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading the articles from press days it seems like no msrp numbers are being released. Not surprising since they still have e series vans to move.

mohawk

Active Expediter
I'm anxious to find out pricing and options. Already have a sizeable chunk saved up for a Sprinter but these pics have me reconsidering.

Sent from my ADR6350 using EO Forums mobile app

SandyLong

Active Expediter
From what my inside sources at Ford have told me, ( kinda sounds familiar...lol)...They did not re-tool Kansas city, but built a new plant on the same property....Going in the truck entrance off of 69, at the stop sign If you look straight ahead, that's supposed to be the new plant for the transit....

The new plant on the hill is a stamping plant...the Transit will be built in the old plant....they are remodeling half of the old plant now to build the Transit...have been seeing test bodies up in the staging areas for the 500 docks. I haul into the Claycomo plant a lot.

guido4475

Not a Member
The new plant on the hill is a stamping plant...the Transit will be built in the old plant....they are remodeling half of the old plant now to build the Transit...have been seeing test bodies up in the staging areas for the 500 docks. I haul into the Claycomo plant a lot.

And you're information is from who? Just because you see bodies at the 500 docks? Heck, there's a bunch of Transits on the ground at Lorain also, does that mean they're going to be made there?..

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just stopped at my local Ford dealer this morning. They had brochures on hand. Kind of vague but had lots of pictures and all the physical specs, but no weight specs. Right on the front cover it states "available fall 2013". My salesman claims he has over 20 pre sold. Pricing will be close to msrp for the first few months, once supply catches up he will be selling them on dealer invoice pricing.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1363634522.291507.jpg
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1363634535.501807.jpgImageUploadedByEO Forums1363634547.902634.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford must have run into some productions problems that caused the delay. GM plans on debuting their Euro-style cargo in the fall of 2032. Probably beat the Ford to market.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford must have run into some productions problems that caused the delay. GM plans on debuting their Euro-style cargo in the fall of 2032. Probably beat the Ford to market.

I was told by someone last week who seemed reliable that they see them coming out of the test faculty behind tow trucks fairly often. Could be part of the delay still problems in real testing.

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've seen one last night just outside the Ford plant. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera ready...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many years have they had this vehicle around the world? What is the problem? How are they managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? :rolleyes:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many years have they had this vehicle around the world?
The first Transit that carried the Ford badge rolled off German assembly lines in 1953. The first modern Transit, the one that resembles a Sprinter, was introduced in 1986 during America's Reagan Years.

The Transit Ford is trying to introduce to this country isn't the European version. While it does share the Euro-style and many parts, it is a completely different vehicle. Basically the Ford Transit for the North American market is just that, a new Transit designed specifically for the North American market.

What is the problem? How are they managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? :rolleyes:
My guess would be to correct any known problems before rollout to avoid future recalls. Commendable on Ford's part, but my personal belief is that Ford prematurely hyped the Transit to get a jump on Nissan, Dodge and of course derail Sprinter sales. From some E.O. posts, their strategy seems to be working.