2013 Ford Van Photos

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you saying you believe there will not be any configuration below $40k no matter which size/engine/etc.?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm pretty sure that anybody's guess is just that... a guess. One person has no better guess than the other. I couldn't care less what they price it at actually. That is Ford's job. If they get the price right, they might sell a few. If they over price it....just wait a while, the discounts will come. I saw posts from F-150 owners who got as much as $10k in discounts.

That's true. The average buyer of these couldn't care less about them the way Expediters will, and if they aren't priced competitively initially they soon will be.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
That's true. The average buyer of these couldn't care less about them the way Expediters will, and if they aren't priced competitively initially they soon will be.
Exactly, supply and demand will set the price eventually. I would expect that they will be over priced initially...and until they get an inventory on the lots. I also suspect that if they get it right and the van + any one of the 3 engine choices is a good setup, you'll see sprinter owners scrambling to trade...driving demand, and holding off discounts farther into the future.

If I had $35k in my pocket and I "didn't" want to own one of these vans, I wouldn't make any offers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know. I think I'm within 10%. They've got to compete and that puts them 10% above the NV to start with. Subtract the 2x% diesel upcharge and the smallest Sprinter is very low $30k's. Subtract the "Mercedes" name upcharge from that and you're at my $28,450.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well yeah... Gee whiz.... S and S and even regional pricing comes into play....think I said...MSRP.... Like sprinters.... Just because the tag says 49.9 no one pays that amount

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It would be laughable if the above price were correct.... not much more than replacing just the engine in a Sprinter?

And you can get a low and short sprinter for about 25 as well.......I am NOT knocking the Transit. Gee whiz

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't think you are knocking the Transit at all and I am talking MSRP also. Base NV 2500 $26,420. Base Sprinter 2500 $36,290. Base Transit 2500 $28,450.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think you are knocking the Transit at all and I am talking MSRP also. Base NV 2500 $26,420. Base Sprinter 2500 $36,290. Base Transit 2500 $28,450.

I really hope all the details come together for you guys

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know. I think I'm within 10%. They've got to compete and that puts them 10% above the NV to start with. Subtract the 2x% diesel upcharge and the smallest Sprinter is very low $30k's. Subtract the "Mercedes" name upcharge from that and you're at my $28,450.

The longest and tallest will not be competing against the nv. They sure aren't going to leave 10 grand on the table compared to a sprinter. I guess at most you might be looking at 2 or 3 grand under a sprinter. Hope I'm wrong.

The base on that little thing they have now is almost 23 grand.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say it will be close to that of an Econoline van, since it is a direct replacement, and I don't think they want to lose any business because of pricing.
It can't be....too much technical went into this and very much more truck...I figure being in the same market as Sprinter, Competitive pricing...on the gas model.I'll bring my estimate down to 40-42,900$

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The longest and tallest will not be competing against the nv. They sure aren't going to leave 10 grand on the table compared to a sprinter. I guess at most you might be looking at 2 or 3 grand under a sprinter. Hope I'm wrong.

The base on that little thing they have now is almost 23 grand.

Well no it won't but certainly the short roof short model will compete with the NV and I've specifically said the base price and specifically also compared to the short and short Sprinter. I'm also talking about the gasoline model. The least expensive possible Transit of all. I'd hope my number is too high if anything.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well no it won't but certainly the short roof short model will compete with the NV and I've specifically said the base price and specifically also compared to the short and short Sprinter. I'm also talking about the gasoline model. The least expensive possible Transit of all. I'd hope my number is too high if anything.

Understand but why would any expediter buy that. The price of it is kinda irrelevant

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It can't be....too much technical went into this and very much more truck...I figure being in the same market as Sprinter, Competitive pricing...on the gas model.I'll bring my estimate down to 40-42,900$

You really think they are going to charge $10k plus more than a Sprinter? Base Sprinter $36,290 for diesel. The best number I can come up with for diesel is $7195 upcharge by Chev for the Duramax but for nice round numbers let's minus $6,290 which probably isn't taking off enough and get an even $30k base for a gas Sprinter, $10k-$12,9k less than the Transit.

Yeah, a lot went into it, but they don't have to recover all of that from U.S. sales. It is a "world" van after all. Also, it isn't a new model starting from scratch having to recover development expenses. I just can't see a base price anywhere near $40k.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope I'm wrong and I'm probably Am wrong... I remember the minivan era back in the 80s Ford really overpriced the Aerostar

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You really think they are going to charge $10k plus more than a Sprinter? Base Sprinter $36,290 for diesel. The best number I can come up with for diesel is $7195 upcharge by Chev for the Duramax but for nice round numbers let's minus $6,290 which probably isn't taking off enough and get an even $30k base for a gas Sprinter, $10k-$12,9k less than the Transit.

Yeah, a lot went into it, but they don't have to recover all of that from U.S. sales. It is a "world" van after all. Also, it isn't a new model starting from scratch having to recover development expenses. I just can't see a base price anywhere near $40k.

Leo I am talkingMRSP. you know nobody pays that price