2013 Ford Van Photos

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The overhang doesnt look too bad in that picture....the overhang "looks" about the same as a Cargomax or similiar. I'm comparing the wb to that of a cargomax since the 14' load floor is about the same. That is probably not the best comparison. That van is styled more like a Sprinter in the front end with the axle set farther back and possibly less hood. All those things will effect how the 148" wb works out. Does anyone know off hand what the wb is on a 14' sprinter? That would be a better comparison, I think.

My 05 has 14 in the box on 158 inch wheel base

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
My 05 has 14 in the box on 158 inch wheel base
Thanks! This 148" wb Ford concerns me some. Good news is that the car show is close...so hopefully some of us can see it in person. I doubt they have enough security to keep Scott out...lol

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Looks like this new Transit is going to be the Fastest Expediting CV Available on the market here in the near future........

Dispatcher speaking to Customer:

"You need it Delivered WHEN????"

"Sure.......NO Problem..........."

:p

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I found some "not so favorable" reviews on that Ecoboost engine the other day. I'm not sure that the other 6 banger might not be the best. They are touting it is as the re-incarnation of the old bullet-proof inline 6.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
This is where I found the ecoboost problems. It's a message board. It appears that Ford has some problems...and hopefully they will get them fixed...but? Just thought I would pass it along...see what your take on it is? Here is the link: F150 Ecoboost Problems - General Discussion - Ford Ecoboost Owners

I also read on a different forum that the 6sp transmission may be at least part of the problem. One of the suggestions on that seems to be that the transmission has the ability to "learn" your driving style. So, when new, there may be some strange occurrences as the demands you put on it change. I can see expediters putting one through it's paces pretty quickly...mountains/flat ground, city/hwy, heavy/light loads all in a short period of time.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Because they had to retool the KC plant to make the vehicle, unlike Mercedes who have brought us a vehicle the've were building in Europe.

From what my inside sources at Ford have told me, ( kinda sounds familiar...lol)...They did not re-tool Kansas city, but built a new plant on the same property....Going in the truck entrance off of 69, at the stop sign If you look straight ahead, that's supposed to be the new plant for the transit. Econoline cutaway chassis and the F-650 and F-750 will be made in Avon Lake, which used to be made in Mexico. Just relaying info...

guido4475

Not a Member
So with these small problems they are having with it, maybe it would be a good idea to wait a year until they get it worked out? Kinda like the 07 Sprinter, and it's problems, but from what I have heard, the 2010 Sprinter is good to go.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
So with these small problems they are having with it, maybe it would be a good idea to wait a year until they get it worked out? Kinda like the 07 Sprinter, and it's problems, but from what I have heard, the 2010 Sprinter is good to go.
Well, the ecoboost has been out for a while now in the F-150's. Hopefully, they'll have the bugs out of it by fall when the Transits hit the lots. I also read that 40% of the F-150's sold last year had the ecoboost in them. If that's the case...and they had any really serious issues.... we would probably hearing a lot more complaining than we are.

All of the reports you see right now are going to be on pickup truck forums and the like. You have to keep in mind that a lot of those posters may be abusing those engines more than we would. You also have to chalk part of it up to people not understanding the transmission's need to learn your driving style. There is talk there...and other places...though, of faulty coil packs and such causing problems. Those should be minor adjustments....hopefully.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
From what my inside sources at Ford have told me, ( kinda sounds familiar...lol)...They did not re-tool Kansas city, but built a new plant on the same property....Going in the truck entrance off of 69, at the stop sign If you look straight ahead, that's supposed to be the new plant for the transit. Econoline cutaway chassis and the F-650 and F-750 will be made in Avon Lake, which used to be made in Mexico. Just relaying info...
So...are you on the "test driver" list too?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't recall no bet??.... So name your estimated price.... I say 45-49.9 k for diesel option

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The one article says $20k-$25k but I suspect that's for the Connect not the real one. Starting price, $28,450 for the low roof short body no option model, rapidly escalating from there if you want any of those fancy new fangled optional gizmo do-dad things like steering wheel or brake pedal.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The one article says $20k-$25k but I suspect that's for the Connect not the real one. Starting price, $28,450 for the low roof short body no option model, rapidly escalating from there if you want any of those fancy new fangled optional gizmo do-dad things like steering wheel or brake pedal.

It definitely won't be less then 40k....Iam hoping the auto show will have price tags

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I'm pretty sure that anybody's guess is just that... a guess. One person has no better guess than the other. I couldn't care less what they price it at actually. That is Ford's job. If they get the price right, they might sell a few. If they over price it....just wait a while, the discounts will come. I saw posts from F-150 owners who got as much as $10k in discounts.