2013 Ford Van Photos

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they ever get around to doing more than talking it may be just the thing.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
What the heck is "Econetic Technology"??

Is it a new thought up word/slang for another POS Ford "Diesel" engine?

Ultraman

Active Expediter
I don't know what you are talking about, the new 6.7L is a sweet engine. 7.3 was good and then IH decided to screw up so Ford built there own diesel without having to take the bailout.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have this vision....Ford will make it just right for expediting and at the last moment some engineer will come along and slap a 10,050 GVRW sticker on the door....LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many business owners that use full-size vans would love to have something that gets upwards of 30 mpg combined? Odds are, most of them. Ford has just added an ecoNetic version of its big Transit van that is sold in Europe. This isn't the compact Transit Connect that is coming to the U.S. this summer but a full-size cargo hauler. Like the ecoNetic cars Ford is already offering, the van gets a tweaked high efficiency diesel, low rolling resistance tires, low drag wheel covers and an upshift indicator light. The Transit ecoNetic also gets a 70 mph speed limiter.

New Ford Transit ecoNetic rated at 32.6 mpg (U.S.) and 189 g/km CO2

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Transit ecoNetic also gets a 70 mph speed limiter.

New Ford Transit ecoNetic rated at 32.6 mpg (U.S.) and 189 g/km CO2

It looks good although that's apparently for the smallest version as the cargo length is about 8.5 feet according to the specs. Even if the large size costs 20% in fuel economy that's still a solid 26mpg van though. I suspect a 70mph speed limiter would be a deal breaker for some although it shouldn't be. They just are so SLOW getting it to market though.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It looks good although that's apparently for the smallest version as the cargo length is about 8.5 feet according to the specs. Even if the large size costs 20% in fuel economy that's still a solid 26mpg van though. I suspect a 70mph speed limiter would be a deal breaker for some although it shouldn't be. They just are so SLOW getting it to market though.

Well Leo they did say 2013 model year...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know what you are talking about, the new 6.7L is a sweet engine. 7.3 was good and then IH decided to screw up so Ford built there own diesel without having to take the bailout.

No, Ford di not take a bailout. But, they did take billions in DOE loans. Kinda, back door bailout?

FactCheck.org : Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

Smart move. It made them look like they stood on their own.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
anything over the high cost sprinter

Yes sir! It could get replaced with a high cost Ford though. Just because it is a Ford will not mean they don't have you by the short hairs on repairs, parts and labor. Then there is finding those dealerships that are setup to work on them. Not all will be.

Brisco

Expert Expediter

You're kidding......right?

So far the new 6.7 is having Piston Meltdown problems that are throwing Rods through the blocks. They've been good motors for going to go get groceries in.....but when one puts any type of torgue to them to get a "Load" going down the road (The HotShot Guys pulling 15K - 20K lbs), their engines are melting like throwing butter on a hot skillet.

Yes.....the 7.3 was a GREAT motor....but don't blame either Ford or Navistar for the demise of that thing. Blame the Government........

As far as 6.0 and 6.4 Diesels that were built jointly between Ford and International/Navistar, the Problems were ALL on Ford. Navistar provided a Block that could handle 260-280HP Max, and Ford was throwing on their own Fuel Injection system that was pushing the HP up to 300-350HP, thus causing all the problems between the 2. There are thousands and thousands of International Wrecker Units / Box Trucks / Ambulances / Etc built from 2003 to 2010 that have the EXACT same block in them with Navistar Fuel Injection Systems on the road today that have thousands and thousands of Miles on them that have had NOWHERE near the Problems Ford had with their 6.0 & 6.4 PowerJokes.

In the Lawsuit Realm/Battles that has taken place in the courts between Ford & Navistar over the years concerning the fight over these problems......It's like Navistar 150 Wins VS Fords 150 Loses.

Wanna discuss Cummins - Duramax - PowerJoke issues and concerns......I'm Ready.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, they said 2013 but why in the world they didn't get busy and get it hear a year or two ago is anyone's guess. They are SLOW.