20 Top Things not to eat and why

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I wrote a blog on Team Run Smart about this and included a link to the original article.

There were a couple of surprised on the list such as Bagels....

As with anything we eat moderation and common sense come into play.

NO-NO's include

Bacon
Cheese
breakfast pastries
Potato Chips
Margarine
anything with Diet in the name
Artificial sweeteners
Biscuits and Gravy
Popcorn made in a bag
Pizza
Ice-Cream
Deli Meat

and the list goes on. What I enjoyed is the why

Team Run Smart Blog

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reader's Digest version: If it tastes good at all and you like it you shouldn't eat it. If it's tasteless or tastes awful it's something on the accepted list.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Agree it is about moderation.

In my opinion, alot of foods have too many additive. For years I had major stomach pains after I would eat and it took the longest time to find out it was MSG. MSG was in so many foods, that I liked, so I had to make things from scratch. I miss Shake n Bake, but that was one of the main culprits when I discovered my MSG alegy. I have noticed that it has been removed from a growing number of brands.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No Bacon or Cheese or Biscuits and Gravy? I don't think so!

:cool:

You know, people are doing all this to live longer. How are they going to be able to tell the difference between dead, and alive, if you have to skip what you like? What's the point of living?

Moderation is one of TWO keys, exercise being the other. Of the two, exercise is the more important. You can eat anything you like, as much as you like, if you work it all off. I remember when I was a gandy dancer, I worked HARD! VERY HARD! Spiking rail, carrying ties and rail, etc etc. I used to take 4-5 sandwiches to work each day. I could eat 3-4 LARGE plates of dinner and all the ice cream I wanted, just to MAINTAIN 150lbs. When I dropped below 150 I had problems with the work. OH how I miss those days!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can we eat the Walleye and Silver Bass LOS is busy catching?

311-1-3.gif

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob has been gluten free for almost a year. I have found that I can make a pizza for us in the truck with ingredients that are healthy. Both of us like a lot of vegetables and I make my own sauce. It is not greasy like we would buy... In the past though I have always added italian sausage so on my next one I will make it strictly vegetable and see how it tastes.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can we eat the Walleye and Silver Bass LOS is busy catching?

311-1-3.gif

Not iffn you want to ENJOY it! I am going to FRY it! Then add the hush puppies, the beer, the coleslaw, corn on the cob DRIPPIN with butter, I will die happy!

If you want tasteless, icky, fish, go to some toecheese place. Walleye, and Silver Bass, were invented by God on the same day that cooking oil and bread crumbs were!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can always grill it and add a touch of Turtle's season salt.
Walleyeonthegrill_zps4e8f1750.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As it has been stated before, moderation. It is unlikely that most people would stick with a "diet" where they were never going to have the foods that they enjoy. Not only that, it is not worth it. Life is short and it is meant to be enjoyed.

Fried fish? Once or twice year will hurt no one. Same goes with fried chicken. Like steak? 4-6OZ instead of 12-16OZ.

Lastly, ignore the "scare" tactics. If we run around, avoiding everything we are told to avoid, we would all die of starvation, or boredom.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Here is a veggie pizza, with feta cheese. Nick liked it. Just about 400 calories in the entire thing too

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400848314598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400848314598.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400848323433.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400848323433.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 34

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Oh, there was one slice of roast beef on that one. Other than that, it was mushrooms, onions, tomato, garlic, olives, and feta

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Both of us like a lot of vegetables and I make my own shade.
We all make our own shade, except for vampires. Its the size of your shadow that is important. If you find the shade you make lures cargo vans to park in your shadow, it is time to go on a diet.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Please excuse me for the whiplash.

First they said whole grains and carbos are key to a good diet. Now they're saying fatty stuff like bacon is actually good for you. But Teamcaffee, you're lumping bacon in with biscuits and pizza as stuff to avoid. It's time for someone, somewhere to make up their minds!!! Until then, I've decided to eat what I like and what I like is pizza, bacon, biscuits and gravy but I do make a small (very small) effort to curtail my carbos intake. But as long as the brainiacs can't seem too figure out what's good and bad I might as well try to enjoy food.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I wrote a blog on Team Run Smart about this and included a link to the original article.

There were a couple of surprised on the list such as Bagels....

As with anything we eat moderation and common sense come into play.

NO-NO's include

Bacon
Cheese
breakfast pastries
Potato Chips
Margarine
anything with Diet in the name
Artificial sweeteners
Biscuits and Gravy
Popcorn made in a bag
Pizza
Ice-Cream
Deli Meat

and the list goes on. What I enjoyed is the why

Team Run Smart Blog

Thank goodness we can still eat WHAT A BURGERS,,,HOOOOORAH

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
You know, people are doing all this to live longer.
Not really. :confused:
Eating a healthy nutritious diet is not about living longer. Medical science has no proof of that hypothesis. It is about improving the quality of life until you do eventually pass on.
For most people, there is a period of time when they have illness prior to death. For those who suffer from heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc. that time period can be many years. This can cause both physical and financial hardship for both the individual and their loved ones. It also creates a burden on society in regards to the health care costs.
Consuming a nutritious diet, avoiding harmful foods and exercising can prevent or delay the onset of the chronic conditions mentioned above which can shorten the period of illness prior to death. This can provide many more years of enjoyable quality of life.
Many people feel that this is worthwhile goal.

Note: The above is a simplistic example. There are other mitigating factors such as genetics and environment; however, nutrition plays a major role.

? . . if you have to skip what you like? What's the point of living?

I certainly hope most people have a greater "point in living" beyond enjoying the taste of unhealthy foods.

You can eat anything you like, as much as you like, if you work it all off.

I pray that you did not teach your children this nonsense. I will try to make this as simple as possible. Exercise burns calories. It does not burn off any of the other molecules that you take in from harmful foods.
For example: The calories created from all of the ice cream and fatty foods you ate were burned off ; however, the excess of purines from these foods resulted in excess uric acid in your blood stream which could have eventually resulted in gout.
That is only one small random example among many that disproves your "eat anything you like, as much as you like, then burn it off" theory. :cool: