#1 Song On Your Birthday?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :D There isn't a song listed in this thread that I don't like.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Ballerina" by Vaughn Monroe. Nice to know there a few of us on this site that are old enough to remember him.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
"Chapel of Love" by the Dixie Cups LMAO.

Now that is a song played in just about every chick flick with a wedding scene you can think of.

NOT THAT I WATCH CHICK FLICKS OR ANYTHING!!!!!! :eek:

Just two weeks later was "I Get Around" by the Beach Boys

Guess I was premature for that too

Last edited:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just did a curious search.

Unless I missed one there was only one #1 Christmas song on Christmas Eve. White Christmas by Bing Crosby in 1942. Just would have thought there would have been more back in the day.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Tammy" by Debbie Reynolds.
From the 1957 film "Tammy and the Bachelor," starring Debbie Reynolds, Leslie Nielsen, and Walter Brennan. Reynolds' single of this song spent 23 weeks on the "Top 40" charts, starting 07/22/57. It was #1 for five weeks. It was also nominated for a "Best Song" Academy Award for 1957.

I hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above,
"Tammy ... Tammy ... Tammy's in love"
The ole hooty-owl hooty-hoos to the dove,
"Tammy ... Tammy ... Tammy's in love"

I'd love to hear the Eminem remix.

Now, the #1 song on the day that I was conceived, well, that was "Singing The Blues" by Guy Mitchell.

I don't know what that means.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
"To Each His Own" by Eddie Howard. October 4, 1946. I never heard of it but I was kinda young at the time. Thanks for making me feel really really old.

I searched the internet but it was not available on any of the sites I tried. It must be obsolete.

Last edited: