Death by DeSantis

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When Turtle wears a N95 mask in public, he is protecting himself too along with everyone else (as long as its not one with an exhaust valve).
I don't know why that myth got started. Airlines won't allow you to fly if you have an exhalation valve, despite the fact that far more exhaled air and droplets escape from the side openings and nose bridge of paper masks. But that myth is still all over the internet, including official sites. The CDC actually has 2 answers, 1 for the public and one for medical professionals.

An N95 mask with an exhalation valve still provides the same electrostatic protection when exhaling as when inhaling. Most exhalation valves in N95 masks are filtered, which is required for NIOSH certification.

But, when answering questions from medical professionals the CDC:

"Is it okay to wear a N95 face mask with an exhalation valve to protect me and others from COVID-19?"

"Yes, an N95 filtering facepiece respirator will protect you and provide source control to protect others.
["Source control" means you as the source, spreading it to others.] A NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator with an exhalation valve offers the same protection to the wearer as one that does not have a valve. As source control, findings from NIOSH research suggest that, even without covering the valve, N95 respirators with exhalation valves provide the same or better source control than surgical masks, procedure masks, cloth masks, or fabric coverings."

Reactions: coalminer

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Wow, I just found out someone I work with who I thought was on vacation is actually in the ICU with covid. We had 2 people who tested positive and the other one is home but has no symptoms.
I heard Rand Paul on radio say that if you have the virus and are congested to DEMAND monoclonal antibodies. He said it isn't touted enough but it does work.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know why that myth got started. Airlines won't allow you to fly if you have an exhalation valve, despite the fact that far more exhaled air and droplets escape from the side openings and nose bridge of paper masks. But that myth is still all over the internet, including official sites. The CDC actually has 2 answers, 1 for the public and one for medical professionals.

An N95 mask with an exhalation valve still provides the same electrostatic protection when exhaling as when inhaling. Most exhalation valves in N95 masks are filtered, which is required for NIOSH certification.

But, when answering questions from medical professionals the CDC:

"Is it okay to wear a N95 face mask with an exhalation valve to protect me and others from COVID-19?"

"Yes, an N95 filtering facepiece respirator will protect you and provide source control to protect others.
["Source control" means you as the source, spreading it to others.] A NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator with an exhalation valve offers the same protection to the wearer as one that does not have a valve. As source control, findings from NIOSH research suggest that, even without covering the valve, N95 respirators with exhalation valves provide the same or better source control than surgical masks, procedure masks, cloth masks, or fabric coverings."
I didnt know that there a filter that worked with the exhaust valves, learn something new every day.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
We all want things to get back to normal, is that such a bad thing?

Yes, its not going to end, its going to move from being a pandemic, to endemic but after out bodies have seen it a few times, its not going to cause any more issues than a typical cold.
No it's not. But you're not going to force anyone to get the vaccine or wear a mask. If you don't like it, you're free to stay home.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many times do I have to tell you that I don't care what other people do before you can comprehend it? I'm not the least bit annoyed as to whether someone does or does not get vaccinated or wears a mask. How many times do I have to tell you before you can understand that whether to wear a mask or get the vaccine is a risk/reward evaluation that each person must make for themselves
Could have fooled me. Lol you definitely defend masks and the vaccine relentlessly.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I heard Rand Paul on radio say that if you have the virus and are congested to DEMAND monoclonal antibodies. He said it isn't touted enough but it does work.
If given early enough I bet it does work, the one who I work with I guess he waited way too long to go to the urgent care, and then they called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. We men just dont take things seriously until its too late.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If given early enough I bet it does work, the one who I work with I guess he waited way too long to go to the urgent care, and then they called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. We men just dont take things seriously until its too late.
Monoclonal infusion worked great for me. I tested positive without serious symptoms and got the treatment the next day, probably because I'm a senior citizen. Spent the following week taking naps and Tylenol, never had any serious problems. They did say the treatment has to be administered within 10 days of becoming symptomatic.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Why do you think women live longer than men lol

Reactions: coalminer

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Could have fooled me. Lol you definitely defend masks and the vaccine relentlessly.
By saying it's a risk/reward that everyone needs to make for themselves?

I'm beginning to think you don't what "risk/reward" means. And it's clear you don't know what "relentlessly" means.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
By saying it's a risk/reward that everyone needs to make for themselves?

I'm beginning to think you don't what "risk/reward" means. And it's clear you don't know what "relentlessly" means.
How many comments have you made supporting the vaccine? How many comments have you made supporting and trying to convince people that the vaccine is good? I rest my case. Lol

Oh by the way, did you hear McDonald's is going to force all of its employees to get the vaccine? Just another example of bullying people into taking what they don't want. I honestly find it kind of funny..... They can't get employees to work positions they have now.... But somehow that's going to help retain the employees they do.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Reactions: RLENT

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A dose of the vaccine is $30 an the antibodies are thousands per dose, which one do you think he is going to (be paid) to push?

Reactions: RLENT

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The vaccines have live virus in the dose....your body makes antibodies from killing the virus.
simpletons-simpletons-everywhere.jpg