Death by DeSantis

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didnt make up this term but it has been floating around down here for a while. he is not only refusing to do what is needed to slow the spread of the virus, he is also preventing others from doing the right thing too.

At this point we dont need another lockdown, but we do need to get people to mask up in public for a little while. The new case numbers are close to the highest they have been at any point during the pandemic.

Broward schools wanted to mandate masks in schools, but he issued an executive order cutting off any funding to any school that mandates masks.

And since people are saying that he is a favorite to be the presidential nominee in 2024 (if trump does not run) I figured he should get his own thread.

I will give him credit, at least he is encouraging people to get vaccinated.

I will update this thread with more stories as they are posted.

Ok, time for discussion.....

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Why won't all the teachers get vaccinated instead of demanding masks on children in order for them to teach this coming school season? What's the percentage of teachers vaccinated in Broward if you know?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
And since people are saying that he is a favorite to be the presidential nominee in 2024 (if trump does not run) I figured he should get his own thread.
That's quite a title of a thread to have for a future presidential candidate.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I didnt make up this term but it has been floating around down here for a while. he is not only refusing to do what is needed to slow the spread of the virus, he is also preventing others from doing the right thing too.

At this point we dont need another lockdown, but we do need to get people to mask up in public for a little while. The new case numbers are close to the highest they have been at any point during the pandemic.

Broward schools wanted to mandate masks in schools, but he issued an executive order cutting off any funding to any school that mandates masks.

Death by Biden.....
Death by whitmer....
Death by Newsom....
Just add any Democrat leadership before you target desantis....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why won't all the teachers get vaccinated instead of demanding masks on children in order for them to teach this coming school season?
There's a lot of mixed messaging from Fauci, the CDC, the press.

If you get vaccinated you won't have to wear a mask, unless you got vaccinated, because if you got vaccinated against the virus you can still get the virus, so clearly the vaccine is only marginally effective. Message received: don't bother getting vaccinated.

Masks are ineffective, except in a health care setting where they work great. But you need to wear several of them, even at home, even if you live alone and have agoraphobia. You should probably wear one while you sleep. But you can take it off while you eat. For some reason the virus doesn't spread while you're eating.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's a lot of mixed messaging from Fauci, the CDC, the press.

If you get vaccinated you won't have to wear a mask, unless you got vaccinated, because if you got vaccinated against the virus you can still get the virus, so clearly the vaccine is only marginally effective. Message received: don't bother getting vaccinated.

Masks are ineffective, except in a health care setting where they work great. But you need to wear several of them, even at home, even if you live alone and have agoraphobia. You should probably wear one while you sleep. But you can take it off while you eat. For some reason the virus doesn't spread while you're eating.
I'll give you that one.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator

Are we still trying to debate whether masks are effective at preventing the spread of an airborne virus? I thought we pretty much established that airborne viruses are not stopped by cloth or paper masks...

No one is stopping anyone from wearing a mask. He simply signed an executive order stating that kids cannot be forced to wear a mask.

People are going about their lives whether anyone else likes it or not.... And people are going to continue to make decisions for what's best for them and their kids.

Reactions: Charity's Van

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought we pretty much established that airborne viruses are not stopped by cloth or paper masks...
Cloth and paper masks are like the border wall. It won't stop it all, but it will slow it down and reduce the load.

Reactions: drizion

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cloth and paper masks are like the border wall. It won't stop it all, but it will slow it down and reduce the load.
To what cost though? Breathing in more carbon dioxide? Allowing bacteria to form and stagnate around your mouth? Getting bacteria from surfaces from constantly having to adjust your mask?

All because it may stop some of something for spreading?

I prefer to breathe free. Lol

Reactions: Charity's Van

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Breathing in more carbon dioxide?
Decades of study and testing show that's not true. Medical, construction, landscaping, some wear masks more than 8 hours straight.
Allowing bacteria to form and stagnate around your mouth?
I suppose if you leave the mask on for weeks at a time, sure. Or if you get it wet and don't change it, possibly. But bacteria stagnates and forms around youmouth all the time anyway. Wearing a mask for a few hours has no measurable effect on the bacterial count. They test for that stuff.
Getting bacteria from surfaces from constantly having to adjust your mask?
One, a properly fitted mask doesn't need constant adjustments. Two, you get bacteria from surfaces all the time just by touching your face 23 times an hour.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Decades of study and testing show that's not true. Medical, construction, landscaping, some wear masks more than 8 hours straight.

I suppose if you leave the mask on for weeks at a time, sure. Or if you get it wet and don't change it, possibly. But bacteria stagnates and forms around youmouth all the time anyway. Wearing a mask for a few hours has no measurable effect on the bacterial count. They test for that stuff.

One, a properly fitted mask doesn't need constant adjustments. Two, you get bacteria from surfaces all the time just by touching your face 23 times an hour.
That certainly is some very good explaining. But at the end of the day none of it matters. I'm not wearing a mask nor am I getting vaccinated and there's nothing you can do about it.

Those individuals you are citing where specialized masks in specialized environments. Doesn't change the fact that you do get less oxygen when wearing a mask because it traps carbon dioxide. Individuals who wear masks like that for work routinely change their masks out because they have the resources to do so. Your average person wears a mask sticks it in their pocket and pulls it back out and puts it back on. It's not feasibly possible to change out masks like they do in those professions are citing. So yes... Bacteria can absolutely form in and on a mask from a day of use, as you exhale poison and you are breathing in that poison.

When wearing a mask you always end up touching your face regardless of how well it is fitted because your mouth moves whenever you talk. That means the mask is constantly being pulled down with the action from your jaw. So there is no way to prevent that from happening because you adjust it without even thinking.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
. I'm not wearing a mask nor am I getting vaccinated and there's nothing you can do about it.
I honestly don't give a rat's ass if you wear a mask or get vaccinated. I'm serious, I couldn't care less.
Those individuals you are citing where specialized masks in specialized environments.
Nope. The guy who mows lawns in the neighborhood wears a mask. Guys working construction, sawing and sanding, wear a mask. The paper surgical masks are worn by a lot of people in hospitals, and I guess that's a specialized environment, considering those places are breeding grounds for staphylococcus and pneumococcal pneumonia.
Doesn't change the fact that you do get less oxygen when wearing a mask because it traps carbon dioxide.
You saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact. The fact is, you don't get less oxygen while wearing a mask while doing normal work and activities. That's one of the requirements for NIOSH and OSHA certification for an N95 mask, and it's required by the ANSI standard. Cloth and paper masks allow exponentially more oxygen in than N95 masks do. So even while wearing an N95 mask, which is what I usually wear, you aren't lacking oxygen.

They (ask Rags, he knows 'em) have been testing masks for decades to check for oxygen, carbon dioxide, moisture and lots of other things. I've picked up and delivered to a testing lab in Michigan that does some of that very testing. The type of N95 mask I use is in part due to their recommendation (and my doctor). (3M™ 8511 vented particulate respirator)
Your average person wears a mask sticks it in their pocket and pulls it back out and puts it back on.
Your average person is stupid if they're doing that because their health or life depends on it. On the other hand, doing what they're doing is precisely the way you do Mask Theater, which is what most people are doing, and is what Fauci recommends.
It's not feasibly possible to change out masks like they do in those professions are citing.
It's both feasible and possible to change out masks whenever they need changing. It can be inconvenient, but it is definitely possible. I never reuse a paper mask. I don't wear cloth masks. I will reuse an N95 mask, but not until it's been sanitized and has sat untouched for 7 days.

Your information on masks is inadequate and incorrect. Just like your justifications for not getting the vaccine, it appears that your justifications for not wearing a mask are just stuff you found on the internet that sounded good, worked as a reason to not wear a mask, so you went with it.

Reactions: Ragman

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kids don't need to be vaccinated or wear a mask. And as far as I can tell, he's not preventing anyone who wants to wear a mask from wearing one.

Since kids under 12 cant be vaccinated, masks are the next best thing. The overall vaccination rate here in the 2 most populated counties here in south Florida are 75% and 63% and now are climbing again. They made it soo easy down here to get the shot with the drive thru sites, I wonder in some of the more rural counties that is part of the reason for the low vaccination rate.

I would love to know who is behind all of the crazy info on the vaccines floating around on the internet, what do they gain by spreading misinformation?