November 2020 Is For Turkeys

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're not seeing the ads disguised as threads?
Nope!

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app
My Ability to "SEE " Pictures or Cartoons "Stopped " about 30 days ago . But , no Biggy, the Quality and Integrity of E O had left the site almost 5 years ago . Just a "Few " more tweaks and the LAST 10 followers will also be gone .. Just My Opinion...

sent from my Recliner..

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting. I just checked out my android EO App and no thread advertisements, Actually, I didn't see any ads at all. Too bad I don't like using that App ;)
I dont use an app. Im just using a browser.
Thst could be the reason.

Reactions: ntimevan

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ads seem to be getting worse. I was seeing one per page but now see 3 or more per page. The industry needs a steady supply of newbs to use and abuse until they go broke or realize the money isn't going to be that great.

Too bad, but like this industry in general, most of the good stuff is gone....it's just a matter of time until we each figure out there isn't enough "good" left to sustain us. I miss the old days but we all gotta look forward.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in Michigan. After getting rested up from my grueling shorty on Monday, I have a Thursday morning pickup taking me back to where I was sitting.

Hmm, what part of this load sounded good again :rolleyes:

---Providing it doesn't cancel. It has some questionable dimensions with PIA potential.

I guess I should be glad, I did get out before others, including a team straight truck :oops:

I had enough time on my hands to reply to that text for a local job interview I received.
Will set up a interview when I'm back home again...if it's still available.
Funny how sitting and low rates can make you rethink a job you were going to pass on ;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Back in Michigan. After getting rested up from my grueling shorty on Monday, I have a Thursday morning pickup taking me back to where I was sitting.

---Providing it doesn't cancel. It has some questionable dimensions with PIA potential.

I guess I should be glad, I did get out before others, including a team straight truck :oops:

I had enough time on my hands to reply to that text for a local job interview I received.
Funny how sitting and low rates can make you rethink a job you were going to pass on ;)
Another one bites the dust.....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

I feel your pain. With $13,000 spent over the last 3 months I'm wondering if it's worth continuing? Biggest issue is I'm not sure these Transits are capable of many more than the 540,000+ miles I already have. I keep telling myself that I've covered the major breakdown issues, then BAM!, something else breaks. Many people split their money with their fleet owner, I split mine with my truck and she's become a very greedy mistress. Add to that our age and all the things that keep us grounded at home, and despite the great job Murray does keeping us rolling, it may be time to pull the plug. Right now the Transit has been sitting at Ford for a week, the 3 week old transmission has pooped the torque converter - which they have committed to replacing under warranty - when they come off backorder!!! With the holidays coming I may not make it back out this year. Thinking seriously about just looking for a local job. Wonder where I can find one where I make my own hours, work when I want and nobody tells me what to do?:p

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I feel your pain. With $13,000 spent over the last 3 months I'm wondering if it's worth continuing? Biggest issue is I'm not sure these Transits are capable of many more than the 540,000+ miles I already have. I keep telling myself that I've covered the major breakdown issues, then BAM!, something else breaks. Many people split their money with their fleet owner, I split mine with my truck and she's become a very greedy mistress. Add to that our age and all the things that keep us grounded at home, and despite the great job Murray does keeping us rolling, it may be time to pull the plug. Right now the Transit has been sitting at Ford for a week, the 3 week old transmission has pooped the torque converter - which they have committed to replacing under warranty - when they come off backorder!!! With the holidays coming I may not make it back out this year. Thinking seriously about just looking for a local job. Wonder where I can find one where I make my own hours, work when I want and nobody tells me what to do?:p
Are you not considering a new van? Surely this one has paid its dues. If so would it be another Ford?

Stay safe

KG

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Gonna turn 69 next month. Too old to spend $40K for what may be a limited run. But, if I was, I would not hesitate to buy a Transit again. Anybody want to take a chance and buy a high mileage van.
Are you not considering a new van? Surely this one has paid its dues. If so would it be another Ford?

Stay safe

KG

Reactions: RoadTime

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Gonna turn 69 next month. Too old to spend $40K for what may be a limited run. But, if I was, I would not hesitate to buy a Transit again. Anybody want to take a chance and buy a high mileage van.

Maybe you are too young not to consider it. You may not like the retirement life.:cool::sunglasses:
Stay safe
KG