The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It will be a NYTimes best seller. The identity will eventually be known probably a little time after the book comes out. He or she will be invited to speak at the Democrat Convention, imo.
My guess is it's Tillerson or McMaster. Might be Kelly, but don't think so. Nikki Haley's recent comments in her book seemed to point to one of them.
Trump came in as an outsider. He didn't know too many people in Washington. He went by recommendations from others( some being establishment swamp creatures) to choose so and so, who also happen to be swamp creatures. It's been a general weeding out process ever since.

Reactions: Moot and Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It will be a NYTimes best seller. The identity will eventually be known probably a little time after the book comes out. He or she will be invited to speak at the Democrat Convention, imo.
My guess is it's Tillerson or McMaster. Might be Kelly, but don't think so. Nikki Haley's recent comments in her book seemed to point to one of them.
Trump came in as an outsider. He didn't know too many people in Washington. He went by recommendations from others( some being establishment swamp creatures) to choose so and so, who also happen to be swamp creatures. It's been a general weeding out process ever since.

I heard the book tour is going really well ;)

slack-imgs2-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
rudy-giuliani-1024x755.jpg

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The leftist front group SDNY is at it again.
This is the same Bloomberg that penned this little gem...

"The first public impeachment hearing against Donald Trump laid out how a handful of loyalists led by Rudy Giuliani wrested control of U.S. policy from seasoned diplomats, all to achieve the president’s political ends, and it signaled the battles yet to come."

...wrested control of U.S. policy from seasoned diplomats...

That's a big Holy Crap right there.

That's what these diplomats, the two who testified on Wednesday in particular, are mad about. They think they are the ones in charge of US policy. It's their turf. Get off their lawn. These same diplomats keep going on about an "irregular shadow diplomacy" and "irregular back channels." They got their butts caught flat footed on an end around and they've had their widdle feewings hurt, and they are pissed off about it. Poor babies. THe Constitution makes is crystal clearn that it's the President alone who creates and sets foreign policy. It's the President who controls foreign policy. The President gets to appoint the Secretary of State, diplomats, special and personal envoys, both official and unofficial, to carry out his policies. If the diplomats disagree with the President's foreign policy, if they can't or wont' carry it out, then it's their sole job to quit.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Roger Stone was found guilty by a jury yesterday. The news saddens me. I'm not saying he is not guilty. He is guilty. He received a fair trial and was convicted by a jury. But I'm saddened because I once worked with Roger Stone. The man is likely to be sentenced to jail time and he will not be happy there. He's a pleasant guy in person. He was always respectful and helpful toward me. I'm sorry he committed the crimes he did and I'm sorry he will have to pay the price by doing time in prison.

If Donald Trump has any friends that he considers truly close and loyal, Roger Stone is certainly on the list. The Stone/Trump story is well known. They have been closely associated for many years. I saw them together on two occasions, one when Stone, Trump and I were the only three in the room. They like each other. When I saw them, they talked and acted like you would expect two close friends to do. If Trump pardons any of his six political associates who have now been convicted of crimes, it will include Roger Stone.

I don't believe Trump should pardon Stone. Stone is guilty and no social good will be done or injustice reversed by a pardon. Pardoning a friend because he is a friend would be an abuse of power. But given the longstanding Trump/Stone friendship, and that Stone did not flip like others did, I'll be surprised if Trump allows Stone to do his time. While many will advise Trump against pardoning Stone because doing so will harm Trump politically, I don't think Trump will listen. I think seeing Stone in prison will be more than Trump can abide.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The leftist front group SDNY is at it again.
Sure are plenty of ifs, buts, anonymity and of course smoke up New Yawk way.

Giuliani is a central figure in the U.S. House impeachment inquiry, which focuses on an effort led by the former New York City mayor to pressure Ukraine’s government to investigate the president’s political rivals. If Giuliani is charged or indicted, he could expose Trump to a new level of legal and political jeopardy, especially if he’s accused of committing a crime on the president’s behalf.

A second official said Giuliani’s activities raise counterintelligence concerns as well, although there probably wouldn’t be a criminal charge related to that. The officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter, provided the first indication of the potential charges under investigation.

“I would not be surprised if he gets indicted,” said Mimi Rocah, a former federal prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. “It’s clear Giuliani is up to his ears in shady stuff and there’s tons of smoke.”

Mimi Rocah said the actions that Trump, Giuliani and other officials took related to Ukraine may be more complicated, and that what appears to be wrongdoing on the surface may be hard to charge as crimes.

William Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, described an “irregular policy channel” toward Ukraine that was being led by Giuliani. Taylor described his “astonishment” when he was told in July by a White House budget official that U.S. aid to Ukraine was being withheld under the orders of Trump through the acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.

Reactions: muttly and Turtle

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Sure are plenty of ifs, buts, anonymity and of course smoke up New Yawk way.

Giuliani is a central figure in the U.S. House impeachment inquiry, which focuses on an effort led by the former New York City mayor to pressure Ukraine’s government to investigate the president’s political rivals. If Giuliani is charged or indicted, he could expose Trump to a new level of legal and political jeopardy, especially if he’s accused of committing a crime on the president’s behalf.

A second official said Giuliani’s activities raise counterintelligence concerns as well, although there probably wouldn’t be a criminal charge related to that. The officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter, provided the first indication of the potential charges under investigation.

“I would not be surprised if he gets indicted,” said Mimi Rocah, a former federal prosecutor with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. “It’s clear Giuliani is up to his ears in shady stuff and there’s tons of smoke.”

Mimi Rocah said the actions that Trump, Giuliani and other officials took related to Ukraine may be more complicated, and that what appears to be wrongdoing on the surface may be hard to charge as crimes.

William Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, described an “irregular policy channel” toward Ukraine that was being led by Giuliani. Taylor described his “astonishment” when he was told in July by a White House budget official that U.S. aid to Ukraine was being withheld under the orders of Trump through the acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.
Mimi Rocah, former prosecutor for the SDNY. Every time I see an article with a reference from someone who used to work there I check out their twitter feed. It's usually chocked full of leftist comments and retweets. It tells me that there is an inherent bias in that office and seeking justice with investigations could be compromised.