The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Meanwhile, Ambassador Yovanovitch unambiguously lied under oath to Congress... twice. Think she'll be prosecuted? Not a chance.

Still, the best and easily the most entertaining lie came when we heard, "I do not know the identity of the whistleblower."

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What happened to fair and balanced?
Well there was this between the second and third paragraph in the link you posted. Also this was a local radio show that doesn't necessarily reflect the Fox Radio standards.

A radio host claims he was fired Saturday from his Colorado talk show — while he was on air — for criticizing President Trump.

Craig Silverman, host of a namesake show on Denver's conservative 710 KNUS radio station, says he was talking about Roy Cohn, a lawyer who previously represented Trump, when suddenly his broadcast was interrupted by network news.

FOX NEWS POLL: 49 PERCENT FAVOR IMPEACHING TRUMP

Soon after, Silverman told The Denver Post, the station's program director walked through the door and told him, "You're done." The host confirmed his firing online, tweeting in response to a state representative who said his firing was a "sad day for Colorado and the First Amendment."

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well there was this between the second and third paragraph in the link you posted. Also this was a local radio show that doesn't necessarily reflect the Fox Radio standards.

A radio host claims he was fired Saturday from his Colorado talk show — while he was on air — for criticizing President Trump.

Craig Silverman, host of a namesake show on Denver's conservative 710 KNUS radio station, says he was talking about Roy Cohn, a lawyer who previously represented Trump, when suddenly his broadcast was interrupted by network news.

FOX NEWS POLL: 49 PERCENT FAVOR IMPEACHING TRUMP

Soon after, Silverman told The Denver Post, the station's program director walked through the door and told him, "You're done." The host confirmed his firing online, tweeting in response to a state representative who said his firing was a "sad day for Colorado and the First Amendment."
The way i interpret the third paragraph, is the call to fire him came from the network.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The way i interpret the third paragraph, is the call to fire him came from the network.
The program director apparently fired him, like on the spot, mid show. So instead of dead air, it was decided to put on Network News.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I highly doubt that this guy Silverman hasn't criticized Trump multiple times before so this may have something to do with specific comments he made in that particular show that were unacceptable for the radio station.

Reactions: Moot

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Meanwhile, Ambassador Yovanovitch unambiguously lied under oath to Congress... twice. Think she'll be prosecuted? Not a chance.

Still, the best and easily the most entertaining lie came when we heard, "I do not know the identity of the whistleblower."

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the impeachment proceedings ....
Why exactly did Trump let her go?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I highly doubt that this guy Silverman hasn't criticized Trump multiple times before so this may have something to do with specific comments he made in that particular show that were unacceptable for the radio station.
I agree. I'm sure Silverman has some history and not necessarily involving criticism of Trump. If his on-air criticism of Trump was so extreme to cause his immediate, on-air dismissal, why not report what he said?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm having a hard time keeping up with the impeachment proceedings ....
Why exactly did Trump let her go?
Yovanovitch was a hold-over from the Obama administration and worked in different jobs within the State Department for years. A swamp dweller.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yovanovitch was a hold-over from the Obama administration and worked in different jobs within the State Department for years. A swamp dweller.

Obama you say? Wow, this is so interesting. See how much can be learned on EO.
A swamp dweller? Amazing ....
Let's take a crack at the original question? Why was she let go?

ATeam

Retired Expediter

There are many thousands of federal government employees who have worked in different jobs within one department or different departments for years. Are all of them swamp dwellers? What is the definition of a swamp dweller? Is a 20-year Social Security clerk a swamp dweller? Is a VA hospital administrator who worked his/her way up through the ranks over the years? What about a judge who was appointed by a particular president and is new on the bench, or one who was appointed three presidents ago and continues to serve?

Swamp Dweller: A derisive term to use, but who does it apply to?

Reactions: Ragman and Grizzly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Apparently undermined the President and his policies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191117-191726.png
    Screenshot_20191117-191726.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 6

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is truly enlightening!
Apparently? Which of the President's policies are you referring to? Please be specific.

Moot, cat got your tongue?
Do you think an ambassador giving a list of people not to investigate to a prosecutor of a foreign government Trump's policy?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you think an ambassador giving a list of people not to investigate to a prosecutor of a foreign government Trump's policy?

Can you specifically point to where it is?

You're telling me you actually think that's why she was let go?

Enough said .... Thanks ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can you specifically point to where it is?

Enough said .... Thanks ...
Here is the link. When I posted "apparently" it is because I personally wasn't there in the Oval Office asking Trump why he got rid of the Ambassador. I can only go by what was reported and make a determination based on that. She reportedly gave a speech in Ukraine calling for the removal of a Prosecutor three weeks from an election and possibly not adhering to Geneva convention . She reportedly also gave a list to a prosecutor of people not to investigate in Ukraine. She reportedly also bad mouth Trump publicly and privately to people in Ukraine. Those would be good reasons to have her removed and transferred to her current government job. But again, I haven't specifically asked Trump the reason so they're only educated guesses at this point.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A swamp dweller is someone who thinks, "I don't care what the president says, I know how to do my job better than he does. I've been doing this job for 20 years, the president has only been doing it for 2, I know what's best for this country."

She wasn't let go, or fired. She was recalled and reassigned. And she was recalled and reassigned just 2 months earlier than she had been scheduled to be. She is still an employee of the State Department. She currently works in the State Department Fellow Division as a Senior State Department Fellow at Georgetown University, molding the minds of future career foreign service officers.

Last edited:
Reactions: muttly

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ms Yo van o vitch ---- She is a Fellow somewhere now,,,she is in a dead end job ,,out of the limelight so she wont get her feelings hurt, paper pushers...imho