It’s Fibuary !!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
republican-used-to-fight-for-the-poor-middle-class-environment-20785161.png
They're the OTHER side of the two-headed coin.

guido4475

Not a Member
I think I give up answering newbie posts. They already have it figured out :D
That's why I quit the FB group. Newbs would ask a question then argue if you didn't tell them what they wanted to hear.

Of course Ntimevan keeps being nice to them

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

I quit and deleted Facebook, Instagram and Messenger all together. Way too nosey and intrusive into my life.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haven’t posted in a while.

Went from ATL to Des Moines on the 24th. So cold we got a room without even considering otherwise. Despite a Quick Lane mechanic telling me that our battery was weak, New Yeller started in the -8 cold .

Lucked out, or so we thought, coming right back south to SC. Ended up sitting Saturday to Wednesday before getting a run, that turned into a TONU. With that, said screw it and went home, doing a family furniture trip on the way.

Enjoyed the time off, got a couple things done, and went back at it last Thursday. PA to Lansing, followed by a Novi to Dalton GA Friday night.

Now at the J in Resaca, waiting for some more magic.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Haven’t posted in a while.

Went from ATL to Des Moines on the 24th. So cold we got a room without even considering otherwise. Despite a Quick Lane mechanic telling me that our battery was weak, New Yeller started in the -8 cold .

Lucked out, or so we thought, coming right back south to SC. Ended up sitting Saturday to Wednesday before getting a run, that turned into a TONU. With that, said screw it and went home, doing a family furniture trip on the way.

Enjoyed the time off, got a couple things done, and went back at it last Thursday. PA to Lansing, followed by a Novi to Dalton GA Friday night.

Now at the J in Resaca, waiting for some more magic.

Doing the family furniture thing this coming weekend @ $0.00 CPM

Then, hopefully, back out next week after 2 months of home time.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Freight stayed warm delivered this am bummin indefinitely in Calgary -5 f calls for a room tonight

-5? Oh hell yeah a room!!

Never done it. Even -40F What if there's bedbugs?

And not just once, for 9 years straight I was on a route sleeping in the the shipper parking lot. They offered me to pull in to the factory even but I said don't worry (noisy and those vans leaked various fluids)

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
That’s just crazy.

I enjoy sleeping in my van as much as the next Expediter, unless you’re the next Expediter, in which case I don’t enjoy sleeping in my van as much as the next Expediter.

Goes below zero, I’m generally getting a room.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I stopped at a Loves this afternoon for gas and to wash my windows. The was bucket at my pump was frozen solid. I doubled checked the signage to verify I was at Loves and not a Flying Pilot.
Loves 1.JPG
I went to the next pump. Same thing. I even lifted the entire bucket off the ground by the long handled squeegee thing. The ambient temperature was 27°F. That's 27° F above zero. One bucket of washer could last these cheapskates months.
Loves 2.JPG

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ntimevan, this was in your home state where they turn corn into ethanol. Jeez, just a few ounces of ethanol mixed in would have turned that blue ice into free flowing window wash.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ntimevan, this was in your home state where they turn corn into ethanol. Jeez, just a few ounces of ethanol mixed in would have turned that blue ice into free flowing window wash.
I don't patronize Loves , they don't want our Business or allow us to park overnight if i did purchase gas there...
By the way Loves 2 latest New Locations in Iowa , I-35 Ellsworth, Iowa and I -20 Waterloo , Iowa are Both Poor Locations choices .. But heck what do i know only lived within 40 miles of both for 60 years .. ..

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This article has me thinking.

https://cdllife.com/2018/werner-slapped-with-90-million-verdict-by-texas-jury/

Basically, a pickup truck went out of control and hit a highway tractor. Because it was freezing rain, and the truck driver was operating, texas jurors awarded a 90 million $$ judgement against Werner

Apparently the CDL manual says to slow to a crawl or pull off the road in freezing rain.

Next time I have an expedite load in freezing rain, am I going to get hit, then sued for existing?

Man people really don't know where their stuff comes from. Course he was going 52-60 mph, I sure as hell don't in those conditions. What seemed to matter, is that it wouldn't have happened if he'd parked it.

Would they sue the light pole if that's what they hit? Lots going on there, and I don't have an answer...unless it's stay out of the USA lawyers are insane

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This article has me thinking.

https://cdllife.com/2018/werner-slapped-with-90-million-verdict-by-texas-jury/

Basically, a pickup truck went out of control and hit a highway tractor. Because it was freezing rain, and the truck driver was operating, texas jurors awarded a 90 million $$ judgement against Werner

Apparently the CDL manual says to slow to a crawl or pull off the road in freezing rain.

Next time I have an expedite load in freezing rain, am I going to get hit, then sued for existing?

Man people really don't know where their stuff comes from. Course he was going 52-60 mph, I sure as hell don't in those conditions. What seemed to matter, is that it wouldn't have happened if he'd parked it.

Would they sue the light pole if that's what they hit? Lots going on there, and I don't have an answer...unless it's stay out of the USA lawyers are insane

The loss of life and injuries is very sad.
But wow, really?
A vehicle loses control on the opposite side I-20 crosses through the medium striking the Werner truck. And Werner is at fault? o_O

Reminds me of the toll both crash case.
Basically, a semi stopped at a toll both, a car slams into the back of semi. Don't remember if they were killed or not. But seemingly pretty obvious who was at fault.

Or was it?

Turns out the semi driver had run out of drivable hours. So the case was made that if the semi driver was following the DOT rules, he would not of been there to get hit. And they won.

Although, I could see the logic (Kind of) in the reasoning, still just chasing the money :rolleyes:

Reactions: guido4475