It’s Fibuary !!!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I guess we know who wears the pants in your house.
Tell her I said she should bundle up and carry your catch for you.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Interesting week for me. Went to Michigan and Canada during the polar vortex, or whatever they call it. I heard my poor truck make noises that I didn't hear before. Thursday morning I started it in -13 degrees. It barely started, but it did. I was impressed. I don't believe this truck has ever been in this cold.
I wonder how in the world do those road call people work on those trucks stranded on the side of the road in those temperatures? Any exposed skin for a few minutes in -13 and 30 mph winds can be very dangerous.

After spending a couple of days in negative temperatures, today when it went above 10 it felt like a heatwave.

Now back home for a few days where the temp is almost 50. Talk about temp swings. Glad it is over.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Veteran Expediter
Interesting week for me. Went to Michigan and Canada during the polar vortex, or whatever they call it. I heard my poor truck make noises that I didn't hear before. Thursday morning I started it in -13 degrees. It barely started, but it did. I was impressed. I don't believe this truck has ever been in this cold.
I wonder how in the world do those road call people work on those trucks stranded on the side of the road in those temperatures? Any exposed skin for a few minutes in -13 and 30 mph winds can be very dangerous.

After spending a couple of days in negative temperatures, today when it went above 10 it felt like a heatwave.

Now back home for a few days where the temp is almost 50. Talk about temp swings. Glad it is over.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I couldn't help but think of the homeless people and animals out there with nowhere to go. I couldnt even imagine being out there like that. It made me more thankful for the comforts of my van. Here's a link to the Subzero mission that I'm part of back home. One night out on the bus will humble anyone.