It’s Fibuary !!!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[/QUOTE]
It doesn't explain the almost 22 mpg but the 08 Sprinter part does.[/QUOTE]
Don’t forget he has a professional tune done to it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much impact the tune has on mpg. I think there's more impact by the way I drive. I have a light foot. 63-65 mph is the sweet spot for my van. While all the hot shots zip by in the left lane ... running cheaper rates at quicker transit times .... I cruise along in the right hand lane.

I'm still able to get good rates for my old baby. It amazes me sometimes. Going on 690K. She's fuel efficient & since tuned, I love the way it drives. Why not keep her going? I got the cash to buy a new vehicle outright ... but not just yet. Soon ...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I don't know how much impact the tune has on mpg. I think there's more impact by the way I drive. I have a light foot. 63-65 mph is the sweet spot for my van. While all the hot shots zip by in the left lane ... running cheaper rates at quicker transit times .... I cruise along in the right hand lane.

I'm still able to get good rates for my old baby. It amazes me sometimes. Going on 690K. She's fuel efficient & since tuned, I love the way it drives. Why not keep her going? I got the cash to buy a new vehicle outright ... but not just yet. Soon ...[/QUOTE]

I’m guessing you’ll go Sprinter again. Interested to see the new gas model.

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member

I'm still able to get good rates for my old baby. It amazes me sometimes. Going on 690K. She's fuel efficient & since tuned, I love the way it drives. Why not keep her going? I got the cash to buy a new vehicle outright ... but not just yet. Soon ...[/QUOTE]

If it is ultra dependable like mine is, why get rid of it ? I'm thinking that you are like me, keeping everything pre-maintained, always checking...looking...listening.. sure. My van may not be as fancy or pretty as the new ones, but I feel this old school van has less to go wrong with it... easier and cheaper to maintain. Parts are super cheap, and available everywhere. I just bought 6 gas filters, Motorcraft, $5.81 each....lol..

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it is ultra dependable like mine is, why get rid of it ? I'm thinking that you are like me, keeping everything pre-maintained, always checking...looking...listening.. sure. My van may not be as fancy or pretty as the new ones, but I feel this old school van has less to go wrong with it... easier and cheaper to maintain. Parts are super cheap, and available everywhere. I just bought 6 gas filters, Motorcraft, $5.81 each....lol..

I hope my Promaster holds up like those vans.

I’d love to be on a paid for van getting over 20mph, having reserve to buy a new van, “if” I wanted to... but I wouldn’t, because don’t fix what isn’t broke.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member

I hope my Promaster holds up like those vans.

I’d love to be on a paid for van getting over 20mph, having reserve to buy a new van, “if” I wanted to... but I wouldn’t, because don’t fix what isn’t broke.

I'm just the opposite. I do not believe in the saying "dont fix what is broke". If anything looks even a hair not right, I am replacing it. I dont wait for things to break.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quiet day in EO land today.

very-funny-nurse.jpg

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thence on to ‘Dega

Last weekend we went to see family in Montgomery, Alabama. Great time, great food If you’re in Montgomery and like barbecue, check out Sam’s, 3510 Atlanta Hwy. Yum

Monday into Tuesday: AL to OH.
Tuesday into Wednesday: OH to WI.
Wednesday into yesterday: WI to NC.

Today we had to take a TONU, but that’s March, so change channels with me

Reactions: Worn Out Manager