Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't listen to Rush just like you don't listen to common sense.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Frankly I don't much want to make it anything else. There are guaranteed workable solutions available immediately. The correct, I mean the right, is prepared to implement them, with full NRA support as well. The wrong, I mean the left, doesn't want them because they don't achieve their population/gun control. Until the left decides to accept the workable solutions nothing will change. No amount of bans will solve anything. Drugs are banned. That really works. Gun bans will be no different.

Reactions: ntimevan

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Leo,

Are you coming out for the repeal of laws on the prohibition of drug use ?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do Guns make You ....

Pull the trigger .. Nope People do
Point itself at an Innocent person /child .. Nope People do

Put Tide Pods in your mouth .. Nope People do

Get behind the steering wheel of a MotorVehicle while Intoxicated .... Nope People do

Take Meth or Cocaine or other illegal Drugs and then Assault Family members/children and beating them to Death ... Nope People do

Voting Democratic or Republican and Electing Senetors & Congressman who do Nothing to take care of the Mental Healthcare issues in our Country today ... Nope People do

See the pattern... Guns are not the Evil Problem ...
PEOPLE are the Problem ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Austrailia hasn't had a mass killing in over 20 yrs.
Not true. People like to go, "They haven't had a mass shooting in Australia since 1996!" But it's simply not true. In 2011, there was a mass shooting in Hectorville. In 2014, one in Hunt. And again in 2014 one in Wedderburn (a 4 hour siege of a neighborhood).

Sure, Australia certainly has far fewer mass shootings than we do in the US, but then again they're a country of about 23 million people, whereas we have about 320 million here. You start looking at per capita shootings, Australia wins in a landslide.

But there have been a lot of mass killings without involving guns in Australia. Examples include the Cairns killings in Australia where someone killed 8 children with a knife, the Quaker Hill Nursing home arson in Australia that killed 11, and the Lin killings that killed 5 with a hammer.

In places where guns are easy to get, guns are used 's lot in homicides. In places where guns aren't easy to get, other things get used. Hammers are easy to get. So are baseball bats. And matches. This shouldn't come as a surprise, but the most commonly used weapon to kill someone in a kitchen is... a kitchen knife.

How is it that 2nd amendment advocates have NO constructive suggestions to this problem. It's unacceptable imo.
Follow the Golden Rule isn't constructive? Be nice to your fellow man isn't constructive?

Here's s start .... BAN automatic & semi automatic weapons immediately! Outright BAN.
It's much better to set aside an argument based on emotion in favor of an argument based on facts. It just is.

Automatic weapons have already been banned for decades. Soooo ... wish granted.

Did you know that a regular ol' 6-shooter revolver is a semi automatic weapon? One shot gets fired every time you pull the trigger. OK, technically it's not a semi automatic weapon because it's not self loading, but the end result is exactly the same: one trigger pull, one shot fired.

The 2nd amendment does not specify which type of arms.
This is where it gets tricky. Any infringement on a right can equally be applied to any other right. The First Amendment doesn't specify what kind of information the press is allowed to print, or what kind of speech is allowed, or what kind of religion is allowed to be freely exercised.

If you can infringe on the right to keep and bear arms, then you can ban criticisms of Trump in the press, you can ban any speech that criticizes Hillary, or speech that offends the feelings of anyone, and you can ban Islam outright.

One of the more interesting things, to me, in all this is, despite the overwhelming evidence that banning guns has virtually no effect on homicide rates, and does not even eliminate mass killings, people still knee-jerk to banning guns as the remedy to both homicides and mass killings.

Fact is (and the FBI has the stats to prove it) more people are killed with Personal Weapons (hands, fists, feet, etc.) than are killed by shotguns and rifles ... combined.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
100,000 knives used in crimes. Yeah, that gun control really worked. Crime basically stopped. Yeah, right. And these 100,000 are only the ones the police got and turned over for the sculpture. Who knows how many more the police still have as evidence in ongoing cases. And who knows how many thousands and thousands more are still in use by criminals. Yeah, gun control solves everything. SMH

The Knife Angel – A Sculpture Made of 100,000 Knives Confiscated by the Police

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, that gun control really worked.
Nobody is calling for the complete banning of guns, just the type of gun. I can not understand how in good conscience a true sportsman would advocate and support the availability of an assult rifle to the general public.

Need a gun for protection? Ok fine, get a shot gun, a rifle, a huge hand gun, i done care, but an assult rifle? Pleese!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You didn't really just say that did you? You are much smarter than that. At least I always thought so. Nobody has assault rifles, other than a very few people who have paid sometimes as much as $3000 just for the tax stamp to allow them to buy the highly regulated firearm. And I guarantee you not a single one of them is being used in crimes.

What all the hand wringers are carrying on about are firearms that look mean or ugly in their opinion. They're dressed up for Halloween to be scary looking. They're no different than another one that isn't dressed up.

It isn't the inanimate object, it's the evil person. How many evil people do you think will obey your gun ban. And if you believe they aren't after a complete ban I have a bridge for sale btw. The last ban did nothing to reduce crime. The next one will do nothing as well.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

You didn't really just say that did you? You are much smarter than that. At least I always thought so.

2. Be respectful of others at all times.
The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice divergent opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

I find it interesting how a blind eye is turned to comments as long as the subject matter or viewpoint suits the powers that be.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You didn't really just say that did you? You are much smarter than that. At least I always thought so.

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice divergent opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

I find it interesting how a blind eye is turned to comments as long as the subject matter or viewpoint suits the powers that be.
Relax Griz..... no insult given, none taken....

Reactions: Grizzly

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Relax Griz..... no insult given, none taken....

I got insulted way worse than that this week.
I was too busy laughing to be offended.

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman