Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The individual right absolutely supersedes. Otherwise there's no point in having the right. If we're going to go by your system then we can say it's illegal to say certain things and have certain thoughts and the First Amendment doesn't matter. Or it's fine for the cops to come to your house any time and search it without having a warrant because public safety is more important than the Fourth Amendment. Your house. So you just keep on with your idea that one right is different than another.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm knot a gun guy but it doesn't bother me that others are. That being said this does not seem like a good idea.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
In all fairness, they're paying to have a police officer at their service. I don't think too many people would find anything wrong with that. He's a trained professional.

Previously, the subject was about having everyday citizens armed. It's a measurable difference imo ...

Let's not mix apples & oranges. This isn't being impatient for the proposed law, it's something different altogether.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
My comment was based on the law change to allow everyday citizens to carry concealed in a school, etc. Armed teachers? Armed aides in a nursery school? Keep a pistol under your choir gown. Can't see how anything could go wrong with that though

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm knot a gun guy but it doesn't bother me that others are. That being said this does not seem like a good idea.

In all fairness, they're paying to have a police officer at their service. I don't think too many people would find anything wrong with that. He's a trained professional.

Previously, the subject was about having everyday citizens armed. It's a measurable difference imo ...

Let's not mix apples & oranges. This isn't being impatient for the proposed law, it's something different altogether.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Unfortunately, there are those that promote the arming of everybody. Therein lays a problem in my eyes.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not everyone should be armed. Those who are should be properly trained and practiced in the use of their chosen firearm. There is ZERO risk in responsible people, properly trained, being armed. Private citizens are safer as a group than police. You'll have to actually research and learn to know that though. The ill informed hand wringing won't accurately provide that information.

Reactions: ntimevan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
the-problem-with-viewing-the-world-through-rose-colored-glasses-is-23395660.png

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gun-free zones are a famous red flag. So red, in fact, that some people think it's the bullseye of a target.

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Precipitated by the Air Force's farcical failure to report the church shooter in question, Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered a review of the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, the FBI database used to check prospective gun buyers, including examining whether other government agencies are failing to report information to the database. Sessions also wants a report of how many times the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have investigated and prosecuted people for lying on their gun-purchase applications.

Less than a week after Sessions ordered the reviews, Black Friday happened. And the FBI received more than 203,000 requests for background checks on gun purchases on Black Friday, a record for one day, shattering the two previous record days of Black Friday 2016 and Black Friday 2015.

Make of that what you will. MIght be that a large number of concerned citizens want to obtain guns and training to protect themselves and their neighbors in light of the recent spate of shootings, or it might be that a really snotload of people who know they should be in that database but aren't are rushing to get guns before the database gets fixed. One shouldn't be concerning at all. The other should make you crap your pants.

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He protected his students. Wouldn't let them in the classroom. He's a veritable hero by today's standards.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
An old parody of a Hollywood anti gun video. I've posted this before but worth a repeat.

Reactions: Grizzly