Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Leo,

I asked this earlier:

Are you coming out for the repeal of laws on the prohibition of drug use ?

(Given that in your opinion they don't work.)

No comment as it doesn't pertain for an extended discussion.
It is a legitimate question considering....
No amount of bans will solve anything. Drugs are banned. That really works. Gun bans will be no different.

Reactions: skyraider and RLENT

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Apples and toasters. First and foremost, drugs are not a Constitutional right. No, no lessening of anti-drug laws. No increase of anti-gun laws. Much harsher penalties for violating either. Much much harsher.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, I just have learned the whining doesn't stop until the whiner gets what it wants.

Reactions: xmudman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My comment was based on the law change to allow everyday citizens to carry concealed in a school, etc. Armed teachers? Armed aides in a nursery school? Keep a pistol under your choir gown. Can't see how anything could go wrong with that though

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Yeah, what could go wrong?

Cops: Teacher in custody after barricading self in classroom with gun, firing shot
More what could go wrong!

https://nypost.com/2018/03/14/teach...gun-in-class-while-teaching-about-gun-safety/

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, standing up for the Constitutional rights of honest citizens who have never harmed anyone. What abhorrent devils.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All this chaos over a 40 in +/- gun.

Imagine the carnage of a 20 foot ladder.

Just calling attention to a silly thread elsewhere on this site mocking the gun debate.

Actually, kind of disgusting......

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, the gun debate is disgusting. There should not be one. There should only be common sense laws directed toward the human criminals.

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All you have to do to see how ridiculous most (not all, of course, but most) of the arguments against the Second Amendment are is to apply the same arguments to the other Amendments.

Reactions: skyraider

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's disgusting is glorifying guns on the one month anniversary of a mass killing of children!

Has the NRA shown any compassion? Have they come out & said we are unwavering in our support for the 2nd Amendment! ... but we need to find a way to stop mass killings..? There is a warm seat in hell waiting for Wayne LaPierre.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And just like all the other tools sited .. spoons, pencils ... now a ladder ... please SPECIFICALLY point out when a ladder was used in a mass killing of children?

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I doubt there ever has been a ladder used to purposely injure a large group of people.

My post was to draw attention to the other thread which is mocking the gun debate.

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's disgusting is glorifying guns on the one month anniversary of a mass killing of children!
I didn't see anyone glorifying guns on the anniversary of the shooting. I did, however, see Dems using children as political props for gun control on the anniversary. That was a little bit disgusting.

I'd be thrilled to take a closer look at any gun control legislation proposal that doesn't specifically target the law abiding citizen. So far, I haven't seen any. "Common sense gun control" seems to be code for "gun bans, gun confiscation, and/or reduced availability" for law abiding citizens.

Show me a legislative proposal that will target criminals who would carry out a mass shooting without also punishing the non-criminal and I'll be on board with it.

Reactions: LDB and RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I didn't see anyone glorifying guns on the anniversary of the shooting. I did, however, see Dems using children as political props for gun control on the anniversary. That was a little bit disgusting.

I'd be thrilled to take a closer look at any gun control legislation proposal that doesn't specifically target the law abiding citizen. So far, I haven't seen any. "Common sense gun control" seems to be code for "gun bans, gun confiscation, and/or reduced availability" for law abiding citizens.

Show me a legislative proposal that will target criminals who would carry out a mass shooting without also punishing the non-criminal and I'll be on board with it.

No glorification of guns? Please refer to Twitter photo from NRA yesterday in previous post. What is that?

I unlike most do not see this as a partisan debate. It, along with abortion, is a people debate. Modern politicians are followers not leaders. They act when it's politically advantageous for them. We have to all try to find solutions. Politics gets us nowhere ...