Now Texas, another shooting- in a church

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If more guns make a society safer, the United States should be the safest flipping country on the planet.
Clearly then, more guns isn't what makes a society safer

Guns are outlawed in Jamaica, and enforcement is severe. Jamaica has one of the highest murder rates in the world.

Japan is a real close second for the strictest gun control laws, and they have one of the lowest murder rates in the world.

In both cases, the murder rates predate the gun control laws, and the murder rates didn't change when the gun control laws changed. There are many other countries where the same is true. This strongly suggests that guns or no guns .the murder rate really isn't affected by guns, and gun control laws do not influence homicide rates one way or the other.

Most likely, the thing that makes a society safe is whether or not people are instilled with the Golden Rule, whether or not people show respect towards others, and whether or not people show a respect for the sanctity of life.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Good parenting, manners, grandparents that care is a good start to stopping a child from becoming a problem,imho..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If more guns make a society safer, the United States should be the safest flipping country on the planet.

There are many other countries where the same is true. This strongly suggests that guns or no guns .the murder rate really isn't affected by guns, and gun control laws do not influence homicide rates one way or the other.

Most likely, the thing that makes a society safe is whether or not people are instilled with the Golden Rule, whether or not people show respect towards others, and whether or not people show a respect for the sanctity of life.

Guns control laws do not influence homicide rates? How about Australia? They did something that has had a direct impact on homicide rates & mass shootings.

As for individuals showing respect for the sanctity of life, I ask where are they!? So does Rev. Rod Bower of Anglican Parish of Gosford, in Australia’s Central Coast (picture below). Why aren't ALL Americans screaming from rooftops for mass murders to STOP!? Gun owners, NRA members, Republicans, etc .... why aren't they showing respect towards others, respect for the sanctity of life ..... respect for our children? Even Trump called out Republicans for being scared of the NRA. MASS SHOOTINGS HAVE GOT TO STOP!

Anyone have a constructive idea or thought on how to stop mass killings other than .. ARs aren't the problem?

As a society, are we so bamboozled by politics, racism, fear, the media, mistrust, etc ... that we cannot collectively agree on how to protect our citizens?

when will they love.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Guns control laws do not influence homicide rates?
As a general rule, no, they don't.

How about Australia?
Same.

They did something that has had a direct impact on homicide rates & mass shootings.
No, they really didn't. They did something that had a direct impact on gun-related homicides, and obviously mass shootings, but homicide rates only went down marginally, and the homicide rates for indigenous people has nearly doubled since they (sort of) got rid of guns.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a general rule, no, they don't.

Same.

No, they really didn't. They did something that had a direct impact on gun-related homicides, and obviously mass shootings, but homicide rates only went down marginally, and the homicide rates for indigenous people has nearly doubled since they (sort of) got rid of guns.
Thanks for the constructive response on how to fix our problem.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks for the constructive response on how to fix our problem.
emoji6.png
emoji57.png
emoji53.png
I don't have an answer on how to fix the problem, but I know banning the various tools used in homicides doesn't eliminate homicides.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As for individuals showing respect for the sanctity of life, I ask where are they!?
They are working to end abortion and capital punishment.

Anyone have a constructive idea or thought on how to stop mass killings other than .. ARs aren't the problem?
It's the people behind the guns that are the problem. Most of these people who commit mass shootings end up dead. Either by their own hand or law enforcement. The kid in the recent Florida school shootings was captured alive. Why not do extensive historical and psychological studies on this kid?

As a society, are we so bamboozled by politics, racism, fear, the media, mistrust, etc ... that we cannot collectively agree on how to protect our citizens?
As a society, at least in this country, we can't collectively agree on most things. It's the politicians and media that are contributing to the fear, racism, mistrust etc.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grizzly, why did you rate my post #63 with a "Disagree"? It is a fact that Dick's announced last week they would no longer sell what is termed assault rifles. Cabela's continues to sell these guns. I can understand you finding the post in poor taste and rating it with a dislike or not helpful. But disagree?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are working to end abortion and capital punishment.

It's the people behind the guns that are the problem. Most of these people who commit mass shootings end up dead. Either by their own hand or law enforcement. The kid in the recent Florida school shootings was captured alive. Why not do extensive historical and psychological studies on this kid?

As a society, at least in this country, we can't collectively agree on most things. It's the politicians and media that are contributing to the fear, racism, mistrust etc.
I heard on Talk Show Radio yesterday while driving through Arkansas that there is Reports that the Shooter from the Florida school shooting had previously been removed from the School Property for possession of Weapons on School grounds ... WTF .. if thats True ... where was the Legal Authorities and why wasn't he in Jail or a Mental facility .... But its the Guns fault ... never the Sick S O B pulling the trigger ..

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grizzly, why did you rate my post #63 with a "Disagree"? It is a fact that Dick's announced last week they would no longer sell what is termed assault rifles. Cabela's continues to sell these guns. I can understand you finding the post in poor taste and rating it with a dislike or not helpful. But disagree?
Ahhh, good point Moot! It was late & I was in a rush. I'll change it later .. maybe I'll drop a little poop on it

Reactions: Moot

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't have an answer on how to fix the problem, but I know banning the various tools used in homicides doesn't eliminate homicides.
How is it that 2nd amendment advocates have NO constructive suggestions to this problem. It's unacceptable imo.

Here's s start .... BAN automatic & semi automatic weapons immediately! Outright BAN. The 2nd amendment does not specify which type of arms. Are nuclear weapons safe for the public at large to handle ... well, no of course not. We already make distinctions in regards to certain weapons. Time to add automatic & semi automatics to the list. They serve no purpose! We simply don't need them at large. It's a start.

Yes, numerous examples can be conjured up of things that can be used to kill people. I think that's simple misdirection ...

I value life more than I value the right to possess arms.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's exactly this type of misdirection that is preventing us from addressing the problem. Can you specifically point out when/where someone killed 20, 30, 50+ people with a pencil or spoon?

Proven Fact ..
Drunk Drivers kill Innocent people Daily ... not the Cars fault ... The PERSON behind the wheel ..Fact

The Spoon .. Lol .. just look at Obesity in the USA .. millions dying every year Because PEOPLE can't quit over eating or unhealthy eating ...Fact

Pencil or Computer (Media) direct cause of Riots , Racial conflicts ... People behind it ..

Until Society pulls its head out of Rear-end and makes PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE for their actions ..its always an Objects fault .. never the Human ..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Proven Fact ..
Drunk Drivers kill Innocent people Daily ... not the Cars fault ... The PERSON behind the wheel ..Fact

The Spoon .. Lol .. just look at Obesity in the USA .. millions dying every year Because PEOPLE can't quit over eating or unhealthy eating ...Fact

Pencil or Computer (Media) direct cause of Riots , Racial conflicts ... People behind it ..

Until Society pulls its head out of Rear-end and makes PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE for their actions ..its always an Objects fault .. never the Human ..

Austrailia hasn't had a mass killing in over 20 yrs. How did they do that? Are they so much more civilized than us? Can't we figure it out?

Did they ban pencils? Ah, no ...
Did they ban spoons?
How about cars?

Is there any priority in stopping mass killings?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Second Amendment advocates have solutions. And ones that will actually work and solve the problem. The thing is, the hand wringing left doesn't want solutions. They only want gun bans. Nothing else is acceptable. It doesn't matter how many lives must be lost through the years so long as it's a march toward the almighty gun ban.

If they cared about saving lives they would ban all the things that prematurely take lives. Alcohol, tobacco, motor vehicles, swimming pools, etc. etc. etc.. But lives don't matter to the left. Only agendas matter. Only controlling people matters. That is the ultimate goal of the left. That is only done by doing away with guns. Our left, Schumer, Pelosi, Sharpton, etc., are only interested in ultimately controlling, you know, like Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler and others.

The right, also a term for correct btw, wants adherence to the Constitution AND an end to mass shootings. That hasn't changed in decades. So don't spout any more of that baloney about those who respect the Constitution not caring and not having solutions. It's the left, also a synonym for wrong in this case, who has no solutions and frankly doesn't give a dam about murdered children so long as they get their gun control.

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Second Amendment advocates have solutions. And ones that will actually work and solve the problem. The thing is, the hand wringing left doesn't want solutions. They only want gun bans. Nothing else is acceptable. It doesn't matter how many lives must be lost through the years so long as it's a march toward the almighty gun ban.

If they cared about saving lives they would ban all the things that prematurely take lives. Alcohol, tobacco, motor vehicles, swimming pools, etc. etc. etc.. But lives don't matter to the left. Only agendas matter. Only controlling people matters. That is the ultimate goal of the left. That is only done by doing away with guns. Our left, Schumer, Pelosi, Sharpton, etc., are only interested in ultimately controlling, you know, like Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler and others.

The right, also a term for correct btw, wants adherence to the Constitution AND an end to mass shootings. That hasn't changed in decades. So don't spout any more of that baloney about those who respect the Constitution not caring and not having solutions. It's the left, also a synonym for wrong in this case, who has no solutions and frankly doesn't give a dam about murdered children so long as they get their gun control.
Rush comes on in an hour ... make sure not to miss it.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
NRA .. National Rifle Association

or

NAWA .. National Automatic Weapons Association..?

or

NWA .. National Weapons Association .. ?

oops, sorry that last one is already taken ..

Last edited: